Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Self-Ejected

The Game Analists

Self-Ejected
[deleted]

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do you have to ask?

17igz0i4m3ijbgif.gif

Best Star Wars game IMO. I played the fuck out of this during my teens.

Dark Forces was cool, so was Jedi Knight 1/2/3. I also liked the SNES action games, I guess Star Wars has had an unusual amount of good games for such a large franchise. Alas, those are all in the distant past, and now we have literal shit like the new Battlefront.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Jedi Outcast. Great gameplay, lightsaber combat is satisfying as fuck. Only big downside is the level design is pretty awful.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
KOTOR 1 is a pretty good bare-basic RPG. The gameplay is piss-easy and the plot is your pretty standard Star Wars fare with a plot twist you can see coming a mile away, but it nails the tone of the setting pretty well.

KOTOR 2's an interesting thought experiment, though I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone as something that's the norm for the Star Wars EU, seeing as it goes out of its way to deconstruct the binary good vs. evil dynamic that the Jedi and the Sith have going for it, as well as its effect on the wider galaxy and how people don't really care about the difference, seeing as to them it's just a war between two religious fanatics, one needlessly cruel and malevolant, and the other too aloof and indecisive to make a difference. There's also the issue that even with the restoration mods, the game is still clearly blatantly unfinished.

deuxhero

Arcane
As people have mentioned Kyle Katarn's games and X-Wing/Tie-Fighter already, I'll say Battlefront/Battlefront 2 are very solid shooters. Battlefront 2 has a pretty decent story mode too.

Star Wars is like Brosnen!Bond: The video games were better than most of the other stuff that came out of it

laclongquan

Arcane
Knights of the Old Republic 1 is a pretty good game, even though it's piss easy. I once try a barenekkid (okay, sport undies) female run just for shit and giggle AND for increased difficulty. Nearly made it, though have to wear clothes a few hard boss fights.

Havent tried KOTOR2 yet because it always hate my rigs.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Jedi Knight Dark Force. Totally awesome.

I really liked KOTORs since I'm a biowarefag and a star warsfag.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Neat. Surprisingly well animated. I like how the guy sped through the dialogue, that got a chuckle out of me.

pippin

Republic Commando is quite fun. The action is nice and commanding your clone bros actually helps.
It's a shame some of the people behind it went to make Halo 5 :negative:

Cadmus

Arcane
Republic Commando was a boring dude-bro shooter.
Kyle Katarn's games including JA were good.
Movie Battles 2 mod is the best star wars saber game ever made.
Pod Racer game was pretty nice
There was also some Ep1 TPM game that came out after the movie, it was sorta arcadey top down shooter/saberer and it was pretty good.
Battlefront 1 and 2 were fun.
Kotor 1 and 2 were good.

AoE2 reskin game was a fucking shit ass cocksucking piece of shitass shit.
SW Lego some of them were pretty fun for that type of game.
That's all I played.
I used to love Star Wars. Now it's dead. Indiana Jones is dead. Everything is shit. Fuck this gay earth.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Not sure if I would call it good and recommend it unreservedly, but Rebellion was different to say the least. This may be nostalgia speaking just a little bit. I played it when I was just getting into the Original Trilogy, and I thought the game was rather atmospheric with the music, the droid advisors, the intro, etc. I felt that it just had that Star Wars atmosphere, without any Gungans in sight. Too bad that the space battles were very unwieldy. In any case, SW strategy games are few and far between. I never played Force Commander or Empire at War, mind. Anyone know if they're any good? I did play Galactic Battlegrounds quite a bit, but it was really just an AoE2 clone, made by Ensemble even. So you would have soldiers just lining up and shooting at each other, fighters and bombers just hovering in front of their targets, etc. Not as bad as mentioned above, but quite unsatisfying in the end.

I liked Rogue Squadron, but I never played the other, less arcade-ish starfighter games like X-Wing, TIE Fighter, etc. At around the same age, I had a demo of TIE Fighter on one of those shareware discs, but it only worked for all of 10 seconds. That intro posted here in this thread looks pretty amazing, though. Doesn't say much about the game itself, but I do miss the days when graphics were so bad that they had to put at least some effort into making intros and cutscenes extraordinary. Anyway, the game is supposed to be a classic, so I'll have to try it at some point.

Keldryn

Arcane
Masters of Teras Kasi:

teras4.jpg

Just kidding.

X-Wing
TIE Fighter
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (easy but fun, especially if you have kids)

The SNES trilogy of games (Super Star Wars, etc) could be fun if you turned your brain off for a while.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Didn't MoTK have Mara Jade playability first or was that Mysteries of the Sith?

Keldryn

Arcane
Teras Kasi was first by a year or so. Though "playable" may not be the best word to describe anything about that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom