Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Golden Baby Is Back: Grimoire Superdemo Released!

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I believe this is what they call an "honor system".

A concept genetically foreign to the sapiens horde. At least it's superior to the vicariously-through-Connor system.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
FACT: every score on the 4d8 has a higher probability than getting the same on a 5d6
Any score above 15 (below average) have better probabilities with 4d8
Those are two different 'facts'. To see if your first statement is actually true, you have to open 'Normal' tab.
OK sorry I was not precise enough. The sentence directly after shows I'd acknowledged that

The only advantage might be if you're aiming to get just bad stats instead of really bad stats

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So what's after the Super Demo? The Super Mega Awesome Limited Edition Demo?

mondblut

Arcane

dirtyharry50

Literate
Better late than never, Cleve, better late than never. Enjoy the new demo, Grimoire fans!

That is so not cool Infinitron. What the fuck? The guy trusted you with a pledges only download and you turn around and violate that trust by posting a download link to it. I hope a mod sees this and modifies your post to remove that. That is not cool at all.

This is why we have DRM. People will do shit like this. Cleve should have put DRM on the super demo I guess. Unbelievable. What a fucking dick move.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Better late than never, Cleve, better late than never. Enjoy the new demo, Grimoire fans!

That is so not cool Infinitron. What the fuck? The guy trusted you with a pledges only download and you turn around and violate that trust by posting a download link to it. I hope a mod sees this and modifies your post to remove that. That is not cool at all.

This is why we have DRM. People will do shit like this. Cleve should have put DRM on the super demo I guess. Unbelievable. What a fucking dick move.

:hmmm:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grimoire-forever?c=activity

Cleve giving free access to the superdemo even to people who did not fund it is pure class. People who did fund it know that they were giving support to him to mostly help him achieve a deadline as to not appear as a crook. I did not give to him, I downloaded the superdemo (still have to try it), if I find it cool, I'll give money. And for that I thank the guys who did give during the first two campaigns. As much as people hate Avadon, I always found the Vogel trust in its consumers quite elegant. Happy to see that Cleve adopts the same business model, crappy DRM will always be hacked on day one and is ultimately counter-productive.

Monty

Arcane

:hmmm:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grimoire-forever?c=activity

And to quote the man himself on this issue:

It is a tradition in shareware going back 17 years to give away a fifth of the game so the player can see if it is enjoyable enough to purchase the other 80%.

dirtyharry50

Literate
I pledged also and it pisses me off that he has no regard for the guy's trusting us with a demo that is longer than many games and which if widely downloaded could hurt sales of the finished game. It's just a shitty, dishonest thing to do. I request they remove the offending post.

If Cleve "didn't mind" I do not think he'd have posted this:

"The Super Demo is now accessible for pledged campaign contributors only"

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Somebody's either trolling or has no sense of humor* whatsoever.

* Or reality, for that matter. "...which if widely downloaded could hurt sales of the finished game"? What?

dirtyharry50

Literate
Somebody's either trolling or has no sense of humor* whatsoever.

Well yes and no. This is technically trolling, but that person really exists and seriously made those points elsewhere. He even managed to get some people to agree with him and got the target of his anger to remove the demo link.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I pledged also and it pisses me off that he has no regard for the guy's trusting us with a demo that is longer than many games and which if widely downloaded could hurt sales of the finished game.

It is just 20% of the game. As has been said, it is an old shareware tradition that people get 20% for free and pay for the other 80% if they like it. What's the problem?

Overboard

Arcane
Barely literate strikes again.

After reading edgyharry's posts, I decided to download the demo despite having only a passing interest in the game. Maybe I'll even put it up for other people to torrent, since that would REALLY hurt his sales amirite?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Well yes and no. This is technically trolling, but that person really exists and seriously made those points elsewhere. He even managed to get some people to agree with him and got the target of his anger to remove the demo link.
Links to teh drama plz :D ?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom