Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Golden Baby Flaps Its Wings: Grimoire Demo Released!

Repressed Homosexual
Yeah, false positives are very common, I'm sure many of the people who use crack here can attest to it.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you insinuating someone here would use illegal software? Good heavens, sir.

Anyway, it detects the same thing in the 1.0 version as well, if anyone's curious. 2spooky4me
Cleve's heard of monetisation and is trying his hand at it. As always the Neaderthal doesn't really get the Sapiens - you are supposed to pretend microtransactions are not blatant extortion, Cleve!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Are you insinuating someone here would use illegal software? Good heavens, sir.

Anyway, it detects the same thing in the 1.0 version as well, if anyone's curious. 2spooky4me

I don't think so. I've got McAfee's running on my machine and it found nothing. I also subjected it to upload firewall at filedropper, nothing reported.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
MSE didn't find anything. Besides, Cleve's neanderthal sense of honor would prevent him from doing anything underhanded like this.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Updated the OP, pinned the newspost.

When do you plan on sending out the bigger, backer-only demo, Cleve? Will it come with something like a basic manual?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Updated the OP, pinned the newspost.

When do you plan on sending out the bigger, backer-only demo, Cleve? Will it come with something like a basic manual?

Super Demo will be out by next Monday to all pledgers for previous campaign and current one. No manual but possibly slight extension of current help available on F1.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
One design idea of Grimoire is that this game should not try to be Call of Duty with autoregeneration, hand-holding tutorial and popamole softshoe rail shooting/gameplay. For 17 years I have had the attitude if the player doesn't like a game to be a little more challenging, requiring some critical thinking, a little bit of inventory shifting and analysis, even avoidance of certain areas until they are ready to handle them, that's just the style of the game and they should not be playing. There is plenty of drooling popamole out there for all who desire complete mental shutdown when playing computer games. That is not this kind of game.

I also was not averse to party death/defeat. It is not the worst thing in the world and fearing it will scare the player off if they discover they can drown in water if they have no swimming skill is too timid in design. This is why you have savegames, after all. For example, if Shiva-Han-Goromu and his bat army defeat you, maybe the player will now hesitate and think about that strange room above with the dials, the inscriptions in the Causeway. If they can be bothered they will discover that nearly every single boss encounter in Grimoire has a kryptonite that can be exploited by the player willing to think about the problem. If they can't be bothered and their OCD/ADD prevents them from thinking about anything longer than 3 seconds, they will find this game is not for them.
Sure but why not actually spell out what the attributes/skills are/do, rather than NAP, FEL, SPE etc. If there isn't physical space on the interface then as a tool tip (or there is a little box below skills which explains the skills, could also be used for attribute descriptions).

Not a big deal I'm sure when you get into the which I haven't yet (Win7)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I actually joined this site to find out more information about Grimoire...

Quest Complete.

:(

You could always stick around until Grimoire 2. That should last you another two decades.

In case there were any doubts at this point, it will 100% be in Unity 3D. I already have a prototype complete with turn-based combat, dungeon architecture and fantastic monsters.

I am willing to jump through whatever hoops are required to make Grimoire 1 run anywhere it is needed but Unity will eliminate many headaches in a microsecond.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
One design idea of Grimoire is that this game should not try to be Call of Duty with autoregeneration, hand-holding tutorial and popamole softshoe rail shooting/gameplay. For 17 years I have had the attitude if the player doesn't like a game to be a little more challenging, requiring some critical thinking, a little bit of inventory shifting and analysis, even avoidance of certain areas until they are ready to handle them, that's just the style of the game and they should not be playing. There is plenty of drooling popamole out there for all who desire complete mental shutdown when playing computer games. That is not this kind of game.

I also was not averse to party death/defeat. It is not the worst thing in the world and fearing it will scare the player off if they discover they can drown in water if they have no swimming skill is too timid in design. This is why you have savegames, after all. For example, if Shiva-Han-Goromu and his bat army defeat you, maybe the player will now hesitate and think about that strange room above with the dials, the inscriptions in the Causeway. If they can be bothered they will discover that nearly every single boss encounter in Grimoire has a kryptonite that can be exploited by the player willing to think about the problem. If they can't be bothered and their OCD/ADD prevents them from thinking about anything longer than 3 seconds, they will find this game is not for them.
Sure but why not actually spell out what the attributes/skills are/do, rather than NAP, FEL, SPE etc. If there isn't physical space on the interface then as a tool tip (or there is a little box below skills which explains the skills, could also be used for attribute descriptions).

Not a big deal I'm sure when you get into the which I haven't yet (Win7)

Tooltips will be in the final version.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I actually joined this site to find out more information about Grimoire...

Quest Complete.

:(

You could always stick around until Grimoire 2. That should last you another two decades.

In case there were any doubts at this point, it will 100% be in Unity 3D. I already have a prototype complete with turn-based combat, dungeon architecture and fantastic monsters.

I am willing to jump through whatever hoops are required to make Grimoire 1 run anywhere it is needed but Unity will eliminate many headaches in a microsecond.

You'd best hope medical science invents hand-holding health auto-regeneration in the next few years, otherwise we'll all be dead before we experience Grimoire 2 in Unity.

But Windows 12 doesn't support Unity! Good thing we have VistaBox.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Tried the new version, was able to create two characters and the game froze (not black screen tho) when re-rolling for the 3rd one. Is it important to run the game in admin?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I'm having random crashes with the new demo. I saved my game and when trying to reload I get a fatal error.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Tried the new version, was able to create two characters and the game froze (not black screen tho) when re-rolling for the 3rd one. Is it important to run the game in admin?

NO, IT IS NOT IMPORTANT.

IT IS MANDATORY.

... and I work with Windows 7 every day and know that this is not just a problem with Grimoire. Any program that is not an .MSI can have these problems if you do not run it in admin with full permissions.

My son has tested that package on Win 7 64 bit and it seems to be running perfectly.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The new pack still needs to run in admin. Encountered a crash when trying to use the ladder in the forest, though.

Now I will never know what the stuff in the chest was :(

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Beta v.1.2 OS:W8 pro 64 admin. Random Crashes all the time. Where i can send dump files?

Zeriel

Arcane

NO, IT IS NOT IMPORTANT.

IT IS MANDATORY.

... and I work with Windows 7 every day and know that this is not just a problem with Grimoire. Any program that is not an .MSI can have these problems if you do not run it in admin with full permissions.

My son has tested that package on Win 7 64 bit and it seems to be running perfectly.

Eh, most of the modern apps I run aren't as admin and aren't installed with .MSI. Maybe it has something to do with having all the UAC stuff turned off? Kind of figured everyone does that by default, though.

UnknownBro

Savant
The game froze at the pond when initiating combat with some fish... damn it!
Win 7 Ultimate x86 build 7600

MapMan

Arcane
Guys... I have bad news for you...

First, it was revealed that Cleve was right all along about Sir-Tech...

Then Grimoire got released...

You know what's the only thing left, right? I'm not taking any chances, I'm starting to build my own bunker today!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Guess who's going to be playing the Grimoire demo
dq13c8.png

Guess who's not going to be playing the Grimoire demo https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/304142005020266496

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom