Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Goddamn Batman: Arkham City thread

anus_pounder

Arcane
Doing their jobs well enough. Yarrr'd game runs fine on my laptop. Provided I turn off all AA.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Turned out to be a shit release (Catalyst), using the Fightclub one and it's working fine. Good game. How many of these fucking Riddler trophies/riddles do I have to get to finish his questline?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Like close to 400. Do 'em if you like them. Do NOT do them for the sake of doing the mission, because honestly, the Riddler confrontation is very anticlimactic.

Quilty

Magister
Ulminati said:
Arkham City is 50% off on steam today. Awfully tempted to get it myself.

Not available in my region. What. I'll never understand the reason for region-locking shit that's sold digitally.

A user named cat

Hate necroing such an old thread but whatever, finally got around to playing this and over halfway through. Almost as good as AA though there's a bit too much fighting and the respawning gets tiring. Especially when you clear a whole area, only to finish a mission and find so many have returned.

I really like how Rocksteady treated the villains and included so many into the picture, while giving most of them a darker edge. Seems like they also used almost all the voice actors from the great 90's cartoon too (aside from Harley but Tara Strong is a champ), if I'm not mistaken. I find collecting Riddler trophies worth it just to read all the side stories they threw in there, all that lore fleshes out everything quite well. Pretty enjoyable storyline to follow too, much better than the films at least.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I thought that one (if not the only) of Joker's "superpower" is cheating death...
Heh, old post, but it's an interesting current storyline in the comic... Rather intriguing, wondering how it will play out. Because, his "superpower" is also tricking the shit out of people.

Jozoz

Prophet
Asylum is better in my opinion as well.

This came up today though.

PUMPED

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah I don't see any way in which Aslyum is better. That's not to say it's a bad game it's just that City is an upgrade in every sense.

Jozoz

Prophet
I just liked Arkham Island more.

Also Scarecrow.

City is still one of my favorite games of the decade though.

Ivan

Arcane
City and Origins feel like a GTA go here to start a mission with mindless filler combat in between.

Asylum was fucking precision incarnate. I prefer the ladder
cartoon-ladder-5.gif

also, http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/batman-arkham-knight-announced.90253/page-9

MasPingon

Arcane
City and Origins feel like a GTA go here to start a mission with mindless filler combat in between.

You either didn't play City or don't know what you are talking about. City and Origins are completely different games, made by other companies. City doesn't have filler combat and doesn't feel like a sandbox at all. It has strong storytelling, great encounters, a lot of hidden content, gives a player a freedom of choice but it's pretty much a story-driven game. I have managed to play Origins only for about a couple of hours. It felt like some guys have decided to make a Rock&steady'esque Batman game, but watched only pewdiepies let's play videos of their previous games.

Arkham Knight looks like a day one purchase.

Ivan

Arcane
I'm aware that they're different games but they have the same hub system. Both suffer from having you get to point A to start a quest. City is of course the much much better game. I was just pointing out that Asylum's precision and deliberate backtracking made it a more cohesive experience than City, which often felt like it was meandering.

Also, Origins is shit. I was hoping that the villains would be coming for you and not have you engage in some tedious fetch quests to unlock their "missions."

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I wanted to play Arkham Origins, was put off when I found out that the big twist of the game was that the real big villain of the game was actually The Joker. Again.

Ivan

Arcane
It's so unpolished. I lose my shit laughing when you want to takedown an enemy who's getting himself up the ground he automatically goes flat on his back. It's hilarious. Joker better stay dead this time.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I never got more than half way into Origins. There was just something about that combat system that was just broken. It lacked all rhythm and flow reducing everything down to a defense and counter play style.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
I never got more than half way into Origins. There was just something about that combat system that was just broken. It lacked all rhythm and flow reducing everything down to a defense and counter play style.

The combo multiplier was bugged with mouse and keyboard for a long time in Origins. They fixed it with the latest patch.

Ivan

Arcane
Also, was it just me or was gliding sooooooooooo slow? Even when using the accelerator thing I always felt Batman was flying so slowly.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
It was only slow in Asylum. You can dive in City, Origins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom