Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Goddamn Batman: Arkham City thread

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Did they change the voice actor of Batman? The one from the first game was terrible. Especialy when compared to fabulous job done by whoever voiced Jocker.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
el Supremo said:
Did they change the voice actor of Batman? The one from the first game was terrible. Especialy when compared to fabulous job done by whoever voiced Jocker.
batman02.jpg

They were both the original two voice actors for the animated series. 'Jocker' btw is Luke Skywalker.

J1M

Arcane
The first game was better. This one has too much "go to the quest arrow" and none of the Metroidvania feel of the first.

I also don't like their handling of Raz al Goul. His voice actor was wrong, etc.

The "open world" concept is a fucking joke because everyone and everything in it is hostile to you and it's not like you can enter any of the buildings or feel good about traversing things when it is so automatic.

The Penguin's environment and the Mr. Freeze fight were the only things that I felt lived up to the expectations of this game. Oh yeah, and Catwoman's ass.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I was surprised they didn't crack a joke about leaving the Shark Repellant in the Bat Cave after that part.

anus_pounder

Arcane
So, what upgrades did you guys get ? I've bought the critical strike and the reduction in special move requirements (x5 combo instead of 8, was it ?) and a bunch of melee armor.

I expected this to be awesome and it is. It was very pleasant to find out the difficulty was ramped up too, I die a lot more on Hard than I did in AA. More enemie types, more gadgets, more upgrades, more exploration. More onscreen pop-ups - ok, this is an annoyance. I also don't like that game marks the enemies about to attack me on Hard, it didn't do that in AA. Please game makers, don't clutter my screen with unnecessary info that obstructs my appreciation of your awesome art style. Nonetheless, it's still harder so can't complain much. Oh, and Batman still sometimes holds a hand to his ear and walks slowly - stop it developers, it's fucking infuriating.
Still, loving the fuck out of this.

anus_pounder said:
So, what upgrades did you guys get ? I've bought the critical strike and the reduction in special move requirements (x5 combo instead of 8, was it ?) and a bunch of melee armor.

X5 special moves and critical strikes are pretty much necessary, although x12 freeflow comes in handy too, depending on the amount of space you have for maneuvering during fights. I didn't upgrade melee armor yet, since it's more fun to me getting combos as perfect as I can, but I am increasing Ballistic armor bit by bit. Also using Bat Swarm special move quite often - useful when surrounded.

SoupNazi

It is awesome but the fucking thing freezes the screen every fifteen minutes. Everything is fine, nothing seems to be overheating, but I have to alt+tab out and back in to get it working. Annoys me to hell.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, it's particularly harder in some of the stealth sections, or just being stealthy outdoors, since you have a lot less room to hide and sneak around on the rooftops.

I got Melee Armor before Ballistic Armor (which was the last thing I fully upgraded, not counting Catwoman's upgrades). Generally it's easier to avoid getting shot at than getting hit in a fistfight. Though I'd say gadget upgrades and combat moves are the first priority. Critical Strikes is by far the most important melee upgrade, and Instant Takedown and Disarm are the shit lategame (you can't imagine how much easier things get when you just destroy the shields, prods and guns the bastards are using).

Multi-headed Cow

Multidirectional said:
More onscreen pop-ups - ok, this is an annoyance. I also don't like that game marks the enemies about to attack me on Hard, it didn't do that in AA.
If you're not sick of the game when you beat it, it has a new game+ mode which disables the enemy attacking marker and makes all thug groups more difficult. Makes them supposedly smarter, gives them more gadgets earlier, etc.

Multi-headed Cow said:
If you're not sick of the game when you beat it, it has a new game+ mode which disables the enemy attacking marker and makes all thug groups more difficult. Makes them supposedly smarter, gives them more gadgets earlier, etc.

That is nice to know at least, even though devs should really start bothering to include options to turn all sorts of these things off. Doubt I'll be sick of it, finished AA 5 times so I'll definitely be replaying this at least once. Does Batman himself start from zero in "New Game+" mode?

Multi-headed Cow

Multidirectional said:
Multi-headed Cow said:

That is nice to know at least, even though devs should really start bothering to include options to turn all sorts of these things off. Doubt I'll be sick of it, finished AA 5 times so I'll definitely be replaying this at least once. Does Batman himself start from zero in "New Game+" mode?
Nope, I'm pretty sure you keep all your gadgets and upgrades. And I believe you keep all (Or most) of your collected Riddler shit.

Edit: Ah, found a quick FAQ
HOW DO I UNLOCK NEW GAME PLUS?
Finish the game on normal or hard mode

WHAT DO I START NEW GAME PLUS WITH?
ALL of your gadgets from the end of your first playthrough, ALL of your XP (including unlocked upgrades)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT?
No counter icons on thugs
Different Thug Levels: tougher thugs are available from the start of the game
Different Thug Configuration
Increased difficulty Bosses : Bosses will be even more cunning

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM HARD MODE?
The main difference is that you will have ALL of your gadgets and xp so even though the enemies may be tougher you will have the technical upper hand

IS NEW GAME PLUS ONE DIFFICULTY SETTING?
Yes, regardless of whether you finish the game on normal or hard new game plus will be the same difficulty

CAN I STILL REPLAY THE GAME WITHOUT NEW GAME PLUS?
Yes you can, however you won't start with all your gadgets

Ok.. Will be interesting to find out how balanced it is, I hope I don't run out of things to upgrade in second playthrough. Thanks for being so helpful.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
If you don't want to run out of things to upgrade by New Game++, then ignore doing side quests and shit. I've been roaming around half the time, and by the time I finished the game the first time, I upgraded basically everything.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I started playing the game and I have an important question concerning it,are there any Catwoman nude mods yet or not?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom