Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Goddamn Batman: Arkham City thread

A horse of course

So bros Arkham City is out next week (or whatever week it is in thirdworldia). Who's getting this? xbawks consolefags should be warned that buying it used will lock you out of a fair amount of SP content. Here's the latest review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... ham/722268

Bruticis

I was going to wait for a PC release but said screw it and pre-ordered it. Best Buy let me trade in some shitty games for double credit so I did my first ever trade and pre-order (for a console game). So yes, I'll be getting it sometime Tuesday after work. I know I'm losing Kodex Kool points but fuck it, I liked the first Batman and this one seems to be improved.

Multi-headed Cow

I'm waiting for it on PC but I intend to play it. Arkham Asylum was wonderful.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Got it pre-ordered for PS3. Can't wait to get into the I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN mentality again.

hoopy

Savant
They went waaaaay overboard with all the pre-order and retail exclusive content. I am not going anywhere near this clusterfuck of a game until there's a pirated version with all possible content included. Or maybe years from now they'll officially release such a version. Until then, Arkham City can fuck right off.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The first game was suprisingly fun so I am getting it for the PC when it comes out since my last console was a SNES

Multi-headed Cow

I'm gonna play it on PC but using a 360 controller, does this make me bi?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
SecuRom made me avoid the first. Guess I'll have to download it eventually.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I bought and enojoyed the first immensely. I'm not getting the sequel until someone offers me a version without any of the content cut. Even if that'll probably be TPB. At some point I'll get the PC version but it's not a priority.

J1M

Arcane
Was very interested in this one. Pissed that the PC version was the only version that was delayed. So now I will pirate it for PC instead of buying.

Delaying games is fine, but treating PC as a second-class platform is not.

+1 to the sentiments of finding pre-order differentiated DLC to be utter bullshit.

Multi-headed Cow

Wow. I was gonna say I thought the only preorder bonus was different skinned Batman, but no. One bonus is a supposedly 4 hour long challenge map thing, and another is playable Robin with unique gadgets and stuff in the challenge maps. Those aren't insignificant.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
After the shit sandwich of recent console port PC release clusterfucks I canceled my PC pre-order and am getting it for PS3.

Probably do the same for Saints Row 3.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Multi-headed Cow said:
I'm gonna play it on PC but using a 360 controller, does this make me bi?[/quote

WOW BRO DID YOU REPLACE YOUR BRIANS WITH SHIT BATMAN NEEDS A KEYBOARD AND A MOUSE JUST LIKE TEKKEN IT CONTROLS BETTER THAT WAY

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Multi-headed Cow said:
I'm gonna play it on PC but using a 360 controller, does this make me bi?

I recently replayed Arkham Asylum with my X360 pad and it plays much better that way. To be more accurate, I'd say it feels much better and comfier that way.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ed123 said:
Guerilla was done in-house and it was still shit IIRC.
it was neither an in-house port nor did it run like shit (at least compared to sr2).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ed123 said:
SuicideBunny said:
(compared to sr2).
Damning with faint praise.
only included that to make room for possible memory error on my part in the form of me wrongly recalling that i didn't have any issues with guerrilla from start to finish, other than one ctd or so. sr2 on the other hand.......

according to wiki guerrilla was ported by reactor zero (who did like 3 games of which only guerrilla was noteworthy... kinda wonder why, their port was ok) and sr2 by.. omg.. cd projekt localisation centre. look at how small the world is.

on the topic of arkham city, i'm gonna try and resist the hype machine for once and wait until december to get the pc version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom