Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Lithium Flower convinced me. Edited my vote to play dumb.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
B
A
D
B

Good points from Lithium Flower. Regarding Varys, however, I don't think the time is right for that yet, and securing support from a veteran bureaucrat can have some synergies with choice 3D.

Kipeci

Arcane
C for me.

So we're suffering from a kidnapping on top of all of that? Yikes. At least mom & dad being dicks to the poor doesn't seem to have stolen our life from us quite yet. To explain my vote:

A looks pretty dumb. The conversation there pretty clearly demonstrated that the value of our life is only valued a little bit beyond the hassle incurred in not getting us killed; attempting to kill our captors could quite likely shift that balance. For this to work, we'd need to have Coriolanus sneak up on and kill a man probably intended to keep a watch on him without any weapon to speak of before he could alert his friends. Success from there relies on getting away in the darkness in this area that we know nothing about without bumping into one of the scary friends. Coriolanus may be smart, but I don't think it's prudent to treat him as some sort of ninja capable of pulling off a stunt like this with what likely amounts to zero prior experience in any of the relevant fields.

B is a bit more palatable, but still pretty bad. There's no picking fights liable to go poorly and alert the sentry's friends, but I imagine that it won't take long for the sentry to notice that we're not where we're supposed to be and then you have an alert out while we're trying to make our way through unknown territory.

D seems fairly reliable, assuming that the parents or the emperor figures out about this we're quite likely to be rescued or ransomed. Probably short some resources or influence this way, but relatively non-risky.

C has the drawback in that it could irritate our captors, but there's also chance to use it to come to a better deal or gain more information about what the present situation is if we aren't able to outright talk ourselves out. Coriolanus is fortunately a genius, and we've seen that he's a fairly competent manipulator. If we're able to get the sentry to talk to us to stave off boredom, we may be able to figure out more about the numbers of our captors and the nature of the environment where we're being kept, and any number of other factors that could lead to the development of a better plan to get us out of here.

Map of Cyrodil with the Great Forest highlighted for reference.

To be fair, the distances in the CYOA are much larger than they are in game, so while the legion is not exactly camping right outside the gates, they can get very close to IC under the cover of the forest. Oh, and Domitian wanting to keep this a secret? Says a lot. Of course, I could be wrong...

Random thugs don't just waltz into the fucking White Gold Tower, so whoever orchestrated this is probably a member of the court. We need to rape Varys when we get back home. To death. Or perhaps the Nord bitch? She was asking quite a few questions during the council meeting, either from genuine ignorance or merely feigning it so that she could gain information. And Rynalf is a Nord name...

Trying to fight is suicide (we have zero experience and these people have likely killed before. This is clearly not a hero fantasy, either).

Staying and waiting will probably mean we might get free eventually but we will lose time at court, and that is a huge disadvantage. If we can't be on top of things, other people will be.

B for now. Why? Getting back to the court as quickly as possible will limit the amount of influence/matters we are going to miss out on and hopefully our speedy return will put those conspiring against us off-balance, hopefully allowing us to strike back. Also, there is moss in the cave, so we must be near the surface (or at least not in some warrens deep underground).

Might change to C later. Yeah, we are pretty much the literary equivalent of a social character in Age of Decadence but we clearly have limits as exemplified by Runa. While we might be able to Django Unchain ourselves at best, we might also get drowned/gagged for being a pain in the ass at worst.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
C - Maybe we can turn them against those longstrider twins if we offer a sweet enough pot. This could potentially net us some more information as well as freedom.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
B - swallow the below pride for now a rub it in when we get the better of this peon.
F - Decius has been more prideful than anything else thus far.

Kipeci

Arcane
1C 2F

Oh, yes, I can almost feel the smug sense of superiority enveloping as a warm blanket when we best the cheater.

1A because magic is probably rare but blackmail material is rarer still.
2B, it will be easy to one-up the Dominion by feeding them misinformation or half-truths from now on, potentially a game changer

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Agree with Lithium Flower. Blackmailing and intrigues - how to get ahead in the world 101.

1A
2B

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Hmm. 1a and b and 2a sound good. As does 2b to a lesser extent. I cant see going for 2c without knowing who had us removed.

2a-

Kipeci

Arcane
1A seems like a fun option. Seeing him grovel for the generosity of a couple dirty peasants was pretty funny!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom