Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

TBS The Fall From Heaven Thread [Civ 4 mod] - 2016 Edition™

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by Eyestabber, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Make America Great Again Eyestabbergender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Click here and disable ads!
    She is also one of the most effective leaders in the AI's hands. Holy fucking Nyxkin with 484156685164165 moves inside your territory... :D

And I was wondering if it was the same guy. Good to know you're also a fellow Civ4 enthusiast. Share with us your thoughts on how "things got crazy" with MoM. No modders here to eat your head...

The AI on MoM is still utter crap in Xtended 4.0. Don't know much about earlier versions. I'm hoping copx. will answer that. The AI on EMM (which is pretty much "vanilla FfH") OTOH actually learned to play the game, for the most part.

Yeah, I'm getting there as I write. If you don't give a shit about the balancing and polish from EitB then just skip EMM and install More Naval AI. I do, however, enjoy the balance and polish changes. Pyre zombies, LOL, I say. :lol:

^ Top  
  2. RK47gender: ⚧ Degenerates happily Patron

RK47
    Parrots:
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    It's a great mod. One that I wish they can somehow replicate in Civ V

^ Top  
  3. murloc_gypsygender: ⚧ Savant

murloc_gypsy
    Parrots:
    This one actually sounds more up my alley. But does it also suffer from the same issues :

or is it more polished?

^ Top  
  4. Rahdulangender: ⚧ Arcane

Rahdulan
    Parrots:
    Dug up from archives of somewhere, probably Reddit, how accurate is this summary when it comes to FfH2 mods-mods-mods? Or just roll vanilla mod?

^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again mastroegogender: ⚧ Arcane

mastroego
    Parrots:
    Ok, so, I have to say, I am a bit (surprise surprise!) autistic about such issues.
    If the thing is unpolished - or more specifically, poorly integrated with the "official" product - I will end up uninstalling the mod, despite myself even. The mismatch of things would hurt my sensibilities.

So I take it my only option is FFH, if, as I gather, it is the only truly "polished" one - or isn't it?
    And what else does the mod do? More info are appreciated from the esteemed colleagues willing to share :)

^ Top  
  6. Matalaratagender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Parrots:
    Follow Eyestabber advice and install fall from heaven (+ patch "o" and mediapack) and the "Extra Modmod". Tight and polished, almost like a retail release but with added functionality over the base FFH.
    Eg check the various options in the BUG menu, there's a button in the upper left corner.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. General Maxsongender: ⚧ Arcane

General Maxson
    Parrots:
    I was just thinking about FFH2 and how much changed since I last played it a few years ago. Seems like a good time to reinstall with your advice Eyestabber! Great work bro, and please don't abandon it until you finish all the relevant FFH mods analysis at least. It's an awesome mod and it deserves attention.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. GarfunkeLgender: ⚧ Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Parrots:
    Been a while, good to hear that FfH hasn't been abandoned. I've mostly been having fun with Caveman to Cosmos but I guess I'll have to give this a new spin thanks to EMM.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. murloc_gypsygender: ⚧ Savant

murloc_gypsy
    Parrots:
    Played a bit of this yesterday. FfH + Patch + Extramodmod. Looked pretty good, but I didn't get to try much of the magic tech. How is it balanced, and can the AI actually use it in a smart way?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Eyestabbergender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    Parrots:
    Define "smart". Smart as in moving a doomstack to a hill/forest FIRST and casting haste LATER? No. Not ignoring magic except for a spell or two and actually using every single available mana type in its most basic use? Yes.

Brofisted for Tapatalk. Hu3.

^ Top  
  11. Arrowgrabgender: ⚧ Learned

Arrowgrab
    Parrots:
    Oh, Ashes of Erebus has somehow slipped past my radar, will check it out.

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Eyestabbergender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    Parrots:
    No risk of abandonment for now, bros.

Post #2 is up and post #1 got some new and higher quality screenshots.

Ty for the honest feedback Tigranes.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. MadMaxHellfiregender: ⚧ Magister

MadMaxHellfire
    Parrots:
    WHAAAAAT? i thought it died some years ago.
    HOW? WHERE? WHEN? I NEED NOW!

^ Top  
  14. Sjukobgender: ⚧ Savant

Sjukob
    Parrots:
    Go on dude . I've never been interested in Civilization series , but you've managed grab my attention .

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Eyestabbergender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    Parrots:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=548898

Don't get your hopes up, tho. The AI is completely fucked up. As in I had a game where AI Hippus never founded its first city...

I added a new screenshot to post #2 today (Clan of Embers). Next post is about Rise from Erebus and Ashes of Erebus, so it will take a bit more time because I wanna try a couple more games with that mod. I really want to find something that RifE/AoE added that I actually consider a worthwhile addition.

^ Top  
  16. coldcrowgender: ⚧ Savant Patron

coldcrow
    Parrots:
    Yea MoM is a classic example of adding more and more features, thus abandoning the initial premise (slightly expanded gameplay and good AI), fucking up everything in the process. His global magic system was brilliant, should have left it at that and polished the gem, but Sephi went on to change the economic system over and over and then left.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. MadMaxHellfiregender: ⚧ Magister

MadMaxHellfire
    Parrots:
    that's xtended, not the real master of mana =_=

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Whiskygender: ⚧ The Solution

Whisky
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Redownloaded Fall from Heaven II and the patch. I loaded it up and the title said Master of Magic and has their unique Leaders.

What the fuck!?

I confirmed I downloaded the right one too. This is a fresh Civ IV BTS install.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Eyestabbergender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    Parrots:
    Are you trying EMM? It might be just the main screen, since you can change it freely. EMM adds some scenario leaders like Hafgan the Purger (Clan of Embers), but no new civ. Can you see the Scions of Patria, for example?

^ Top  
  20. GarfunkeLgender: ⚧ Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Parrots:
    Two games in at Prince and I've been fucked in both. Now this is a new experience.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Eyestabbergender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    Parrots:
    I think I might lose my Clan of Embers Immortal game (the one on the SS). Armageddon counter is at 97, Avatar of Wrath already showed up (and I killed it). Nobody wants to sign a peace treaty. I'm scared :(

^ Top  
  22. Internetgender: ⚧ Scholar

Internet
    Parrots:
    Allright, you've done it, I'm reinstalling FfH2. How did that stardock game where Kael got involved turn out to be?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ArtBgender: ⚧ Savant Patron

ArtB
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Shit, how'd I miss this? 7 years late or not, you're a bro for bringing this to my attention, Eyestabber :salute:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. MadMaxHellfiregender: ⚧ Magister

MadMaxHellfire
    Parrots:
    bad.
    he couldn't/wasn't let do his magic and had basically no impact on the extremely dull finished game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Make America Great Again Whiskygender: ⚧ The Solution

Whisky
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    You know, I don't think I've ever played as a Good aligned civ and I've been playing since FFH1 (which i dont think had alignment). The Evil civs generally seemed more fun and interesting.

Which should I play as? The only one I can think of that plays uniquely are the Kuriotates. (Mercurians don't count since they're basically reverse Infernals)

For reference, I usually play Sheaim, Calabim, or Illian.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)