Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Evil Within - survival-horror game from Shinji Mikami, published by Bethesda

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There's nothing wrong with having a little optimism or waiting for confirmation the game sucks or doesn't. Just stop fucking whining about it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
In this case, the information available to THIS game, is sparse.
No it isn't.

It is. Please direct me to the PLETHORA of information you think is readily avaliable on this game, and the plethora of videoes avaliable? So far all I've seen are a few demo areas, that everybody has played on some PS3 or Xbox360 version.. no PC version, no other areas, no WIKI on weapons, monsters, story or anything else... we know quite little about this game.. other than it is, in fact, made by the same guy who made RE1.. which was the most classic survival horror of all time..

There's nothing wrong with having a little optimism or waiting for confirmation the game sucks or doesn't. Just stop fucking whining about it.

RPGWatch is thataway, mate.

There's a big difference between 'What I've seen so far isn't looking promising' and 'OH MY GOD THIS GAME MUST DEFINITELY BE UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE'.

And repeating the same hysterics (this goes for Daedalus as much as it does for DeepOcean et al) like an ADD kid during algebra class, is the opposite of monocle.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, I see that Daedalos has found a new game to fanboy. Perhaps he should be given the more general Fanboy tag.

EDIT: :smug:

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So anything I show remotely interest in or speak neutrally about ... is automatically an act fanboyism?

You guys never cease to amaze me :)

Why don't you have tags for people hating on things without reason? Like 99 % of people here do?

What is the opposite of a fanboy then? A hateboy? Tag everybody with that.

Besides Infinitron, you love WL2 even more than I do, from your posts in the thread.. perhaps you should tag yourself too..

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

There's a big difference between 'What I've seen so far isn't looking promising' and 'OH MY GOD THIS GAME MUST DEFINITELY BE UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE'.

And repeating the same hysterics (this goes for Daedalus as much as it does for DeepOcean et al) like an ADD kid during algebra class, is the opposite of monocle.

What I keep "repeating" is simply the notion of NOT fucking criticizing something to the point of ridicule and nonsense, before seeing it in it's totality and full state.. this goes for this game aswell as for WL2 and other games I look at.

I'm not saying this game will be an automatic success OR a failure... I'm saying wait and fucking see, before judging it.. and calling it OMGGGFUCKINGTERRIBLE...

It's such a retarded behavoir, but one that is natural to most people here.... amazingly.. and boringly enough.

Angthoron

Arcane
Guy comes into thread, asks if people are excited about it, gets negative response, tries to tell others how they're wrong and they should base their expectations on hands-on knowledge.

Dude, you should apply as a Bethesda or Eidos CM.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Jaejoong_popcorn.gif

What I keep "repeating" is simply the notion of NOT fucking criticizing something to the point of ridicule and nonsense, before seeing it in it's totality and full state.. this goes for this game aswell as for WL2 and other games I look at.

I'm not saying this game will be an automatic success OR a failure... I'm saying wait and fucking see, before judging it.. and calling it OMGGGFUCKINGTERRIBLE...

It's such a retarded behavoir, but one that is natural to most people here.... amazingly.. and boringly enough.

You do understand that your posts don't disappear after someone's read them, don't you? As in, people can still go and read that same point in your previous post, no repetition needed?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I watched the "gameplay" videos of The Evil.pdf Within. So far it looks like a presentation of the engine and gives only tidbits that are really shallow. Some minigames like cutting yourself up, moving forward (and only forward, there are no other rooms to go, sloowly), avoiding the chainsaw guy (which is right in your face like the guys from RE4). Hiding in the lockers reminded me of Outlast. I was expecting something more from Mikami. I would prefer more schlocky story and not grimdark horror because only Konami could pull the latter one nicely in SH series. First RE wasn't impressive at the beginning but it turned out later good thanks to nice puzzles and funny voice acting. Still not putting it out of my list.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
A bit off-topic: are there any horror games that are non-linear in level design?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
A bit off-topic: are there any horror games that are non-linear in level design?

Would System Shock 2 count as horror?

Dead Space had some non-linear aspects to it, felt like a System Shock faux-sequel.

I think the next Alien game is supposed to be very System Shock-y.

DeepOcean

Arcane

I didn't say 'OH MY GOD THIS GAME MUST DEFINITELY BE UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE', more like "AAA game that show linear scripted scenes in all trailers, doesn't show anything to prove it isn't a corridor shooter with scary bits and being made by a new company on 2014 very high chance to be shit". Well, I could be surprised by it but I find hard to be optimistic when the goodness/shityness ratio nowdays is really, really small. To be more precise, if this game is at least Resident Evil 4 levels of popamole, it will be playable and I might have fun with it but so far it has a vibe of Uncharted/Last of Us with a lot of blood and gore. I just don't think it is interesting or impressive. It could be Bethesda's marketing department fault for making this game look like a boring and generic RE 4/Uncharted/Last of Us clone and this game be brillant but I'm skeptic about this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom