Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Evil Within - survival-horror game from Shinji Mikami, published by Bethesda

Tehdagah

Arcane
From the guy who liked RE: Revelations and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. So maybe the game is good.

Btw

immershun.png

Muh immershun

Monad

Learned
Eh no it's really really bad. Almost awful, maybe it is awful I don't know. A machine for pigs, I haven't played it, but at least that seems like it would be interesting for the setting.

Angthoron

Arcane
Have you tried equipping the ring on your paperdoll? It's a typical newbie mistake.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
That's odd. Brofisting is supposed to work right from the start. Just send DarkUnderlord a PM and ask him to look into it. In fact, send him 10, just to be safe. My account had the same issue when I started here.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
While you're at it, ask him about privileges for the other post ratings. Why brofist when you can give someone a rainbow?

Machocruz

Arcane
OMG IM SO SHOCK THAT THIS ISNT GLORIUS RETURN TO SURVAL HORROR PEOPLE WERE EXPECTING. HOW CAN YOU NOT WIN HORROR GENRE WHEN U HAVE KOOL STEALTH TAKEDOWNS AND EXPLODING ARROWS LIKE RAMBO 2?!!!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm, Steam just put this on sale again. I'd ask y'all that played it whether it's fun and worth $20, but there's a demo for it, so I don't have to. :)

Ivan

Arcane
If I'm looking for a tense survival action game (Dead Space 1/2 on their hardest difficulties) does this deliver?

Tehdagah

Arcane
"survival action" is reduncancy since you need to survive in every action game.

If I'm looking for a tense survival action game (Dead Space 1/2 on their hardest difficulties) does this deliver?

I've played only a little bit of this so far so I haven't seen the action parts, not sure if it becomes like Dead Space or RE4 later on. I think I'm about an hour and a half in and so far it's more about sneaking and avoiding combat, only have a pistol and ammo for it is extremely rare, basically every missed shot hurts and even if you land them all you still won't have enough to take out all enemies. I also can do stealth takedowns from behind. There's also apparently a need to burn bodies with matches that also are rare, though not every enemy that I didn't burn ended up coming back so I dunno how exactly that works. I would be actually happy about it being like this except I haven't had any actual fun so far, I'm finding this game really off-putting somehow. I've read reports that it gets significantly better later on so I'm yet to uninstall, waiting for the right mood to give it a proper chance. Haven't actually bought it and I'm glad about this.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's a demo. If people are crazy enough to think it might be good they can install and try it for an hour and wake up from their delusion.

MD, you'd probably like it because it's shit.

Ivan

Arcane
So you're saying it has solid survival elements but it has a forced stealth mechanic that is not rewarding. Sounds counterintuitive. Whale, fuck.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The survival elements are also counter-intuitive to the enemy layout and quite a few of the levels. There are a couple of RE4-esque mandatory combat sections where you're forced to fight dozens and dozens of enemies, in a game where you're usually lucky if you've got 18 bullets for your pistol and 8 shells for your shotgun. Not to mention a couple of really badly designed boss encounters, all of whom are either bullet sponges or have weaknesses that are never that well displayed or indicated, and all of whom have instant kill moves, some of which trigger when you're only on something like a third of your health, others being the only method of attack the enemy has.

The game's story also reminds me of what'd happen if Wes Craven tried to emulate David Lynch. Really badly.

Ivan

Arcane
installed the demo, crashed one minute upon loading the first level

Verdict: fuck this piece of shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom