Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Evil Within - survival-horror game from Shinji Mikami, published by Bethesda

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Dead Space shotters are better than Gears of War shotters, so maybe it will be gud.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Resident Evil creator makes a game that looks exactly like Resident Evil, news at 11.

Ermm

Erudite
kFvLj.png

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Screenshots don't invite much interest, just generic horror game crap with overly-detailed monsters that leave no room to imagination. Still, this guy made RE4, a great game and only worthwhile one in the series, so I'll still keep my eye on this a bit longer and see where it goes.

Random

Arcane
Patron
:lol: Oh man that reaction. I don't think you can be any more told than that.

Anyways, in my opinion, RE4 was a great action game but was not a good classic style Resident Evil game, which were good for a different reason. RE5 and 6, on the other hand, are complete shit for obvious reasons.

Dead Space totally ripped RE4's style off and that's why it's so successful.

MetalCraze

Arcane
None of RE games was scary. Japs just cannot into horror games.

J_C said:
an action game with jumpscares, like Dead Space.

You mean an action game where you explode the fuck out of "scary" monsters with an arsenal of GUNZ
It's survival-horror after all.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I mean, really? Re 1 was full of cheesy dialogues, but had nice puzzles and a feel of danger in a big mansion. The second one brough us to Racoon City, with memorable music, a variety of monsters and iconic character of the series. I played A and B scenarios of Claire and Leon. Great boss encounters and while being more action oriented, still managed to be a good survival horror game. The third one changed with Nemesis chasing you throughout the entire game. The constant feeling of danger was here, I was going through it carefully saving bullets as much as I could. The camera work sometimes was a trouble, but during the retrospective replay of the series they add some obscure charm to it. Mini-decinions like in Dino Crisis were also nice. Fourth brought us some qte, zombie-like mobs and "what are you buying, what are you selling" merchant and it was good on it's own terms. But some elements of the series were lost, and that was even better visible in 5th installment. I know that here everything can be shit, but sometimes I wonder ...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Nemesis was great, I remenber seeing him come at me, think "hell no" and run trhough a door, thinking I had escaped.... then he break down the door and starts to charge me.

They just don't do that anymore, "oh shit" moments now come in cutscenes, with closeup of average brown haired joe saying "oh shit!", followed by a escape QTE....

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Jesus, what is the RE series' insistence on using QTEs all about, anyway? The first 15 minutes of RE6 is just one long QTE cutscene.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Still, this guy made RE4, a great game and only worthwhile one in the series
tumblr_m4gqx1Xgjp1qbyeeko1_400.gif
:lol: What is that from?

Anyway, no, I never cared much for the older RE games or the ones that came after 4. Older ones always completely failed to live up to the standards set by Silent Hill 1-2 and were just too corny for me to ever really get into. No explanation needed for 5 and 6. I didn't really find any of them to be scary, but RE4 is a great campy action game with cool levels and boss fights imo.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Existence of stealth could mean it's not Dead Space, but I'm not holding my breath. Probably will be something similar to the later Silent Hills, which were decidedly banalshitboring.

Disappointed, because I hate anything that resembles Ringu style horror. It's the most boring and bland type of horror.

Japs usually excels at making their games looking like cheesy 80/90s American B-movies, I so hoped for this game to be something like that.

Yeah man, hectolitres of blood and monsters everywhere are totally what Ring was about. :roll:

None of RE games was scary. Japs just cannot into horror games.

J_C said:
an action game with jumpscares, like Dead Space.

You mean an action game where you explode the fuck out of "scary" monsters with an arsenal of GUNZ
It's survival-horror after all.

They made SH1-3, those were scary, although each in a different way.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think it is too early to discard it as shit, because the camera is in third person , over the shoulder, it doesn't mean that it will play like a generic shooter. The hell is on the details: How common ammunition and other suplies are? It appear to have a stealth option so: There are monsters that are better avoided than shot? How frequent the puzzles are? They are like the puzzles for retards variety, Skyrim style?The traps are going to be lethal? I don't see them doing a MW 3 in third person like RE 5 and 6. It could be decent enough to be playable like RE 4.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

sser

Arcane
Developer
Looks terrible. Dark, gritty world full of dark gritty monsters. I think there's an entire game series or two based on that concept already...

Also:

L4IpySx.jpg

Machocruz

Arcane
It's going to be mainstream console horror not done by Team Silent. Which means good for what it is, but don't expect Penumbra or whatever horror games people consider :obviously:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom