Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
CDPR makes the same shitty game. When is Twitcher 1 Remake 10 coming out? LMAO

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
CDPR makes the same shitty game. When is Twitcher 1 Remake 10 coming out? LMAO

Well the Witcher games are not shitty but you are correct in saying they have only made one type of game. Its going to be interesting to see how they do post Witcher.

Delterius

Arcane
plus some fast-paced DA:O/Diablo style combat.
It has nothing to do with Diablo and turning RTwP into even more of a clusterfuck isn't a plus.
It was also a game that the developers definitely wanted to make, with a focused narrative and characters.
This is true but Dragon Age 2 was also rushed and shittily made.
I'm never going to like DA:I
Neither should anyone but that doesn't change the fact that at the very least it isn't as terrible as Dragon Age 2.

Sykar

Arcane
Brief update. She powered through DA:O, hated most of the companions, and thought it was only so-so. She's now playing DA2 and... sigh... loves it. It might actually be her favorite of the three.

And I have now instituted a 'we don't talk about dragon age in this house' rule. :D

DA2 is the gayest game Bioware has made. Meaning its just about the gayest game ever made.

DA2 is gayer than DAI? Nnnnnnnnnnnnn.....o. Not really.

And I absolutely DO prefer DA2 to DAI. DAI is the worst game Bioware has made ever.

Are you sure DAI is worse than ME 3?

As bad as DA2 may be (it's not actually, just worse than O), it was at least accessible enough (it has the same mechanisms as O, only simplified) for a playthrough, and it had Talkative Man.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Final final update for those playing along at home (and looking for reasons to click the 'shit' reaction icon). She raced through DA2 and mostly loved it, (although she thought the zone reuse and magically spawning waves were lame), was pissed that her boytoy demon souled was essentially a terrorist who dumped her (this after her romancing Solas in DA:I only for him to also dump her), and is now going BACK to DA:I for a speed run so she can see how things change when importing her saves from DA:O and DA2.

Also, she much preferred the aesthetic from DA2 to either DA:O or DA:I.

One more speed run through DA:I and my long domestic nightmare will be over. :D The good and the bad of a gamer wife. Luckily, her choice of in-game romances is so bad that I look almsot respectable by comparison. :D

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Also, she much preferred the aesthetic from DA2 to either DA:O or DA:I.
34uJiFp.gif

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Brief update. She powered through DA:O, hated most of the companions, and thought it was only so-so. She's now playing DA2 and... sigh... loves it. It might actually be her favorite of the three.

And I have now instituted a 'we don't talk about dragon age in this house' rule. :D

DA2 is the gayest game Bioware has made. Meaning its just about the gayest game ever made.

And I absolutely DO prefer DA2 to DAI. DAI is the worst game Bioware has made ever.

Are you serious? Not even close.

First, I didn't jump on the ME3 hate bandwagon back in the day, sure the story was kindda shitty and didn't make much sense but throwing a hissy fit over "waaa my choices don't matter" is not my style. The game was worse than ME1 or ME2 but I still kindda enjoyed it. Plus it had a truly great multiplayer, probably the only one I've ever enjoyed in a game of this type. DA:I is just a shitty MMO wannabe with empty maps, stupid characters and an absurdly idiotic plot. It's a joke of an RPG.

Sykar

Arcane

First, I didn't jump on the ME3 hate bandwagon back in the day, sure the story was kindda shitty and didn't make much sense but throwing a hissy fit over "waaa my choices don't matter" is not my style. The game was worse than ME1 or ME2 but I still kindda enjoyed it. Plus it had a truly great multiplayer, probably the only one I've ever enjoyed in a game of this type. DA:I is just a shitty MMO wannabe with empty maps, stupid characters and an absurdly idiotic plot. It's a joke of an RPG.

Worse than ME 2 means abysmal in my book. Also ME 3s plot is not just kinda shitty, it is completely retarded as are most characters. I guess what saved it for you was the multiplayer but that is kinda an unfair comparison.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Worse than ME 2 means abysmal in my book. Also ME 3s plot is not just kinda shitty, it is completely retarded as are most characters. I guess what saved it for you was the multiplayer but that is kinda an unfair comparison.

Guys, guys, guys, I like to visit this thread once every couple of weeks. I know its hard but y'all need to stop quoting me.

Also, she much preferred the aesthetic from DA2 to either DA:O or DA:I
Well it had some unique aspects, like how elves (basically thinner humans in almost any other work), qunaris and some vegetation looked, but other than that it's just so empty (AND small).

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Da2 is for people that can't think good
You like Fallout 4. I think that removes you from all rational conversation.

Edit: Not that DA2 ain't shit or something. It is.
Meh. Fallout 4 is a bad RPG, and a terrible Fallout game, but as a "I just had a long day, time to take out my rage by shooting the fuck out of shit" kind of game, it stands up.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If I was filled with rage and frustration after a long day, the shit tier shooting mechanics in Fallout 4 would just make me rage harder.

agris

Arcane
Patron
for fucks sake people, 188 pages on this trash?

you all need to get your shit together.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Did you notice the gore in DA2?
No, I haven't really played more than a handful of minutes. Wasn't saying that DA2 couldn't serve a similar purpose, just that Falloout 4 could. However I do think DA2's story, being a Bioware game, would be a bit too intrusive for this use. Fair enough?

Parabalus

Arcane

ME3 had playable combat - sniping people or charge+nova like a monkey was fun if you had an action itch to scratch. DA3 is full blown MMO with needing to break your mouse by holding right click like a retard, dunno who can stomach that.

Mark Richard

Arcane
What contributed significantly to the negative response to Dragon Age 2 was the shock that it was unrecognisable as a sequel. After all Bioware's bluster about the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, fans were betrayed as they so often are for a wider audience. It's difficult to fairly judge whether DA2 or Inquisition is better (or worse) when DA2 cannot be untangled from the controversy that still haunts it to this day. Nobody harboured any illusions about Inquisition, that horse had left the barn.

prettyfits

Literate
I rarely have suer negative feelings on video games, but the first time I played DA2 Bioware might as well have slapped me in the face. All the trash combat, the re-used areas, and the obvious half-assedness. I don't even really remember the main storyline because most of the game it was a non-factor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom