Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Absinthe

Arcane
How did she manage to endure 4 full playthroughs of Inquisition? The game is too damn boring. The only part of Inquisition I might tolerate is the multiplayer because it doesn't waste your time with walking or the garbage party management system anymore and even the multiplayer is horribly dull. It's just no longer dull and cumbersome.

Also, I think the 1.04 patch of Dragon Age: Origins horribly nerfed the Grease Fire spell combo. It went from doing 30 damage every 1.5 seconds for 20 seconds to doing 2 damage every tick and 30 total. There is a Grease Fire combo that gets used on the party in the Tower of Ishal which used to wreck you and teach you a thing about getting out of the line of fire, but now you can just stand in it like an idiot.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How did she manage to endure 4 full playthroughs of Inquisition?
No clue. I think she's even romanced that Cullen (?) guy twice. And played as a mage in both of those playthroughs. :shittydog:

She's cruising through Origins, but hates most of the NPCs (Morrigan, Wynne, etc.) with the exceptions of Leliana (who she liked better in Inquisition) and Alistair. :hahano: I'm assuming she'll play DA2 next and similarly romance whatever bland blonde with daddy issues they serve up in that game.

Eh, you take the bad with the good, I guess :D

purpleblob

Savant
How did she manage to endure 4 full playthroughs of Inquisition?
No clue. I think she's even romanced that Cullen (?) guy twice. And played as a mage in both of those playthroughs. :shittydog:

She's cruising through Origins, but hates most of the NPCs (Morrigan, Wynne, etc.) with the exceptions of Leliana (who she liked better in Inquisition) and Alistair. :hahano: I'm assuming she'll play DA2 next and similarly romance whatever bland blonde with daddy issues they serve up in that game.

Eh, you take the bad with the good, I guess :D

I hated Inquisition, but I did romance Cullen as well. There's literally no one else vaguely intriguing other than Cullen for romance path. Not that it helped me finish the game. I think I abandoned that garbage about half way through. I bet your wife will go for Alistair in Origins. Hope she enjoys Origins more than Inquisition, at least it is much better game.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Brief update. She powered through DA:O, hated most of the companions, and thought it was only so-so. She's now playing DA2 and... sigh... loves it. It might actually be her favorite of the three.

And I have now instituted a 'we don't talk about dragon age in this house' rule. :D

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
She's now playing DA2 and... sigh... loves it. It might actually be her favorite of the three.
OyN4zd0.gif

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I can see how she might prefer DA2. Its gameplay was total shit, but it had the most involved, intricate, and (above all) "soapy" companion side quests of the whole series. It was a bit like playing an episode of a CW fantasy show aimed at teen girls and middle aged women who love fantasy romance. Of the whole series, it's the easiest one to ignore gameplay entirely and just focus on companion sidequests and drama. Heck, you can basically ignore the main plot too since it really doesn't matter much until the last act. Up until then, the whole game is basically just window dressing for dealing with your party's drama.

Also, in your girlfriend's defense, it does have a few of the best party members of the series. Or, as a whole, better than the one's from DA:I. They should really do a Dragon Age: All Stars type scenario where they just bring back the best companions from each game for the next game. Like, maybe they could do a Sense 8 type thing where they all find out they are mentally linked via exposure to the Dark Spawn in each of their respective games....or some shit. It'd make about as much sense as any of the plots in these games.

Anders could be the villain, provided he's not dead. Maybe he's dead, though. I never actually finished DA2.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Brief update. She powered through DA:O, hated most of the companions, and thought it was only so-so. She's now playing DA2 and... sigh... loves it. It might actually be her favorite of the three.

And I have now instituted a 'we don't talk about dragon age in this house' rule. :D

DA2 is the gayest game Bioware has made. Meaning its just about the gayest game ever made. And by gay I mean man-fucking-man gay, not just lame (although it is pretty fucking lame). Women love gay shit because its nonthreatening or something so I am not surprised at all that your wife is loving DA2. She probably wishes you were gay as well so you would stop bothering her with your penis.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

DA2 is the gayest game Bioware has made. Meaning its just about the gayest game ever made.

DA2 is gayer than DAI? Nnnnnnnnnnnnn.....o. Not really.

And I absolutely DO prefer DA2 to DAI. DAI is the worst game Bioware has made ever.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

DA2 is the gayest game Bioware has made. Meaning its just about the gayest game ever made.

DA2 is gayer than DAI? Nnnnnnnnnnnnn.....o. Not really.

And I absolutely DO prefer DA2 to DAI. DAI is the worst game Bioware has made ever.

Well to be honest I stopped with Bio after DA2. Maybe DAI is gayer but DA2 was the first game that every one of my NPC crew tried to have sex with me.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
DA:I is a way better game than DA:2 by most objective measures. Saying that DA2 is better than DA:I is some group-think, edgelord, retardation on the level of all those Codexers who immediately claimed that the prequels were suddenly good in comparison to The Force Awakens. The only way I could see someone hating DA:I more is if they just de facto hate Bioware, in which case I guess DA:I might be worse since it's a longer game. But in that case, I'm not sure why they'd be playing either game to begin with.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DA:I is a way better game than DA:2 by most objective measures. Saying that DA2 is better than DA:I is some group-think, edgelord, retardation on the level of all those Codexers who immediately claimed that the prequels were suddenly good in comparison to The Force Awakens. The only way I could see someone hating DA:I more is if they just de facto hate Bioware, in which case I guess DA:I might be worse since it's a longer game. But in that case, I'm not sure why they'd be playing either game to begin with.

:hmmm:
At best, it was a step forward-step back situation. DAII was like a decent dark fantasy novel with some camp elements, plus some fast-paced DA:O/Diablo style combat. It was basically like those rare visual novel/RPG hybrids the Japanese make occasionally. It was also a game that the developers definitely wanted to make, with a focused narrative and characters. Not a real work of craftsmanship is terms of actual video game/RPG development, but somewhat entertaining.

DA:I added in a bunch of tired, super annoying open world elements because Skyrim had an open world because GTA had an open world because Assassin's Creed had open world because Oblivion had an open world or something maybe.

I'm never going to like DA:I because it just doesn't feel like an authentic or sincere game on any level -- everything from the characters to the mechanics to the plot feels like an awkward, forced combination born of marketing "necessity." That's pretty much the same with all of Bioware's offerings the further we get away from the EA acquisition.

Durian Eater

Learned
The only way I could see someone hating DA:I more is if they just de facto hate Bioware, in which case I guess DA:I might be worse since it's a longer game. But in that case, I'm not sure why they'd be playing either game to begin with.

For the most part, I wouldn't call DA:I anything more than DA2 with some terrible open-world gameplay attached. But you bring up an important point. DA2 is an anomaly in modern, i.e. post-Star Wars and the reskinned Star Wars that is Jade Empire, Bioware games in that you're not forced to play the hero. You can give a middle finger to the entire setting and it responds accordingly, from shitting on (poorly written) scenes intended to be serious to making life hell for your companions. Inquisition is more in line with the Mass Effect games, where that hate-fuck appeal is largely absent. And nothing could be less interesting than being dropped in one of Bioware's fanfiction-tier stories and being forced to take it seriously.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dragon Age 2 as a B-movie, with the Frankenstein Mom scene as the Plan 9 from Outer Space for a new generation. Yes, this needs to become a thing.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
There's literally no one else vaguely intriguing other than Cullen for romance path.
not allowing you to romance the psychotic magister from Teviner was a real failure of imagination on Bioware's part. They kind of maybe hinted at the possibility of Cass being the type of woman to sit on your face and chain you down to a milking table, but then they ruined it with that tsundere shit they love to do.

but yeah, inquisition is shit.

donkeymong

Scholar
Well, Dragon Age 2 still had customizable combat tactics and more spells and abilities then Iquisition.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They kind of maybe hinted at the possibility of Cass being the type of woman to sit on your face and chain you down to a milking table,

See now I would pay for a game with this in it. Bioware is not a learning animal.
Bioware should just make eroge games. If Sony/Microsoft would stop being prudes you could have a very large industry of smut.

Though the advertising would be 80's Dystopian Sci-Fi levels of bad. Wait, that sounds amazing.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"DA:I is a way better game than DA:2 by most objective measures. Saying that DA2 is better than DA:I is some group-think, edgelord, retardation on the level of all those Codexers who immediately claimed that the prequels were suddenly good in comparison to The Force Awakens. The only way I could see someone hating DA:I more is if they just de facto hate Bioware, in which case I guess DA:I might be worse since it's a longer game. But in that case, I'm not sure why they'd be playing either game to begin with."

Group think to prefer DA2? That doesn't make sense at all from any angle. Also, DA 2*is* better than DA3. I couldn't finish DA3. One of only two BIO games I've played I could not finish 'cause it got boring. Next youa re gonan accuse me 'hating' BIO. LMFAO

pippin

Yeah it became somewhat fashionable to say "at least DA2 had something", which is defeatist BS. I do not have a positive opinion of DA2 but at the same time it's just another AAA game in a sea of AAA games, there is no reason to be upset by DA2 since it features the same old Bioware elements almost every single one of their games has. If anything, there is a real reason to be upset about DAI, since it tried to ape Bethesda and failed miserably. Ironically, Bethesda tried to ape Bioware and failed as well. Meanwhile, CDPR is ahead of both using their same tricks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom