Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Frozen

Arcane
saying better assumes it has anything good in it
like...usable UI
but no...its terrible, everything and combat especially

But it was a good idea.

To see an approximation of the the idea executed better, play Pillars of Eternity on hard with a fighter, rogue, cipher, and one double. Camping supplies are potions.

It was maybe a good idea but for a different type of game.
Implementing healing restriction when combat is full of trash mobs with infinite hp and no spell has a real kick is just stupid.
But its a tip of the iceberg concerning DA:I and its lackluster combat.
You have no control of the battlefield or your party, and tactical cam. is not the main problem.
There is no variety. You just spam 1-9 and revive your retarded party members when they rush because controlling them is pointless.
It would be fun in arcade style reflexes oriented combat to have this kind of repetitiveness but here its just a chore.

Frozen

Arcane
What's good about it?
Story is stupid, characters are boring and ugly looking, its full of SJW faggotry, combat is a chore, its a single mod for Korean mmo full of bugs.
Its 90% mindless grind and even that doesn't work lol (there is a bug for collecting some fragments or shit so you couldn't finished it)

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I expected to come here and find praise for the game. I am happy to find I am not the only one who finds this game terrible. I have tried to give it a fair chance twice... and just ended up uninstalling it again today.

It was then that I realized that I shouldn't have wasted money on this one knowing that the other two already let me down. Hopefully I have learned my lesson in case they decide to continue releasing more sequels to this shifty franchise. I need to quit listening to hype and being distracted by pretty lights, I guess.

DemonKing

Arcane
I enjoyed the first DA and its expansion. The second suffered a lot from repetitious environments and monsters parachuting into combat from nowhere. The third is sitting unflinished on my harddrive - its gameplay is virtually non-existent and it was clearly an NPC romance simulator first with story/RPG elements/fun combat trailing very much in the dust.

J1M

Arcane
Was thinking about playing this to witness the final act of Bioware's downfall to "EA worldwide studios edmonton".

I'm wondering if the widely different levels of enjoyment people had has anything to do with which class they played. For example, in Dragon Age the game was far more enjoyable if you played as a mage.

I've heard something about the guard/armor mechanic in this one being better than the changes to the mage class. Don't remember where, and I'm skeptical.

Frozen

Arcane
Was thinking about playing this to witness the final act of Bioware's downfall to "EA worldwide studios edmonton".

I'm wondering if the widely different levels of enjoyment people had has anything to do with which class they played. For example, in Dragon Age the game was far more enjoyable if you played as a mage.

I've heard something about the guard/armor mechanic in this one being better than the changes to the mage class. Don't remember where, and I'm skeptical.

there is no difference in classes it all plays out the same
spamming left click

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

There is no difference because the game's combat boils down to MMO: The Single Player. Right click, skill rotation, repeat. In higher difficulty you might need to micro a bit to avoid some of the bosses attack (just like an MMO).

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Tell me she didn't make you play the multiplayer with her...

Thankfully, no. I do get to hear all about her romance progress though. :roll: (The fact that she just romanced the bald elf dude does make her agreeing to marry me a little bit less bewildering though)

at least you can get your girl to play games....mine is averse to everything I throw at her :(

True. There are pros and cons to a gamer wife, even after twenty years.

she better give bomb anal if you're putting up with that kinda shit under your roof

No comment.

Really? At least your game plays something bigger than Farmville.

Well, she plays Mousehunt too, which is largely the same thing. :P But other than her horrible taste in games (and let's be honest, she's just the target audience for Bioware's pseudo romance simulators), she is way better than I deserve, so I can't complain too much. All I can do is hope EA/Bioware are done releasing DLCs for the stupid game.

Frozen

Arcane
Santino I think your wife is trying to tell you something with replaying it 4 times.
You have to up your game bro.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The problem with DAI is that it is too big and its seize is basically padded. Compelting 1 or 2 of the big areas with the gameplay is fine and fun but afterawhile it just goring boring and no will to keep palying.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Santino I think your wife is trying to tell you something with replaying it 4 times.
You have to up your game bro.

Honestly, after 20 years together, if this stupid game is her worst offense, I'm pretty happy.

Actually, she's now playing through DA:Origins, so I guess that counts as :incline: (even if she's playing it on easy mode because she hates friendly fire).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom