Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Why did you wait so long, brother?

He probably didn't buy on release, and just waited for a sale. Otherwise he would have needed a more serious therapy.

You gaiz are my serious therapy.

I actually bought the game a few days after release. Full price. I trusted the game reviews, I trusted Bioware's claim of "made for PC users by PC users", and their claim that they'd learned their lesson after DA2 and were going back to the roots.

I spent months posting feedback on the Bioware forums, in good faith. Finally, I just became disillusioned and realized that I was a sucker for buying into the hype.

And that's why I decided to sign up here and couldn't be happier. There's always time to shittalk the DA series and Bioware on the Codex. Great therapy :brodex:

Theldaran

Liturgist
Well, I paid 10 bucks for Inqueerition on Origin, since the suckers don't care to publish the fucking masterpiece on Steam. I think I've paid 10 bucks too many.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After release of Inquishishaq Cameron Lee bailed out
http://www.cameronleeblog.com/leaving-bioware/

Since Inquisition shipped I’ve been the Lead Producer of BioWare’s first new IP since the Mass Effect trilogy and it’s been an amazing experience to work with the other leaders and the entire team. The new IP continues on with its development, shepherded by a leadership group with a vision that I think will change the way people experience BioWare games. Everyone working on the New IP is amazingly talented and their work continues to exceed even the lofty expectations at BioWare.

This is a pretty hard thing to do, but it’s the right thing at this stage of my life. My wife and I are expecting our first child and we’d like to do that in a bigger city.

DA:I was the reason why I joined the Codex, I needed a safe space. Somewhere I could safely shittalk the game with likeminded individuals.

Registered today for the same reason, really glad I'm not alone after all (for some time after release, there was only good stuff about the game); and while I did not buy into any of the god-damn frozen hype or Bye-Over's shit-promises, I still got this worthless piece of contrasting-art-showoff not long after release.:oops: Can we form Inquisishiters Anonymous?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why did you wait so long, brother?

He probably didn't buy on release, and just waited for a sale. Otherwise he would have needed a more serious therapy.

You gaiz are my serious therapy.

I actually bought the game a few days after release. Full price. I trusted the game reviews, I trusted Bioware's claim of "made for PC users by PC users", and their claim that they'd learned their lesson after DA2 and were going back to the roots.

I spent months posting feedback on the Bioware forums, in good faith. Finally, I just became disillusioned and realized that I was a sucker for buying into the hype.

And that's why I decided to sign up here and couldn't be happier. There's always time to shittalk the DA series and Bioware on the Codex. Great therapy :brodex:
i bought it full price too.

one of my biggest regret in life. all that money could be spent on better things like raining them down upon a stripper.

After release of Inquishishaq Cameron Lee bailed out
http://www.cameronleeblog.com/leaving-bioware/

Ever since the great Fuss-shite unification, GameDevs at various districts, specially BW City, and specially those that once lead a project, no matter how small, leave as though they have been exiled, and never return to EAstan, and sometimes even Gamedevland entirely. One can not possibly guess as to why this keeps happening :?

pippin

I've read pissed off Bioware fans in the Codex since Neverwinter Nights. It's safe to assume pissed off Bioware fans exist since Bioware's birth.

v1rus

Arcane
Cant manage to find the flag list for importing DA:O -> DA II -> DA:I, any help bros?

v1rus

Arcane
Don't you just use the Dragon Age Keep site for that now?

Do you? I have no idea, just started a fresh DA:O playthrough so I could transfer the saves, and I don't know shit.

Ofc, DA:O -> DA: II list would also be useful. Then again, a full recap of "consequences" would also be awesome.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't you just use the Dragon Age Keep site for that now?

Do you? I have no idea, just started a fresh DA:O playthrough so I could transfer the saves, and I don't know shit.

Ofc, DA:O -> DA: II list would also be useful. Then again, a full recap of "consequences" would also be awesome.
you upload your DA 1 / 2 to dragon age keep iirc. it will load your choices, then you are freely to change them as you wanted. quite creative, shame the game itself is horrible.

v1rus

Arcane
How bad is the combat system compared to the original DA and DA II?

And ofc, you can bypass the "DRM", can you not? I mean, save file editing and what not

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane

And ofc, you can bypass the "DRM", can you not? I mean, save file editing and what not
It depends on what you are looking for. As Roguey said, the system itself is probably better than DA2. Its important to point out however that DA2 was shittily made. Whatever was intended with that game was fated to ruin.

DA:I an action game with lots of cooldowns to manage. Its not as frantic as DA2 and the Beastiary is more varied. On the other hand, its just an action game with lots of cooldowns to manage. There aren't a lot of options for the PC in neither the action or the tactics/party management departments. The latter is made painful by the UI and the game's rhythm. From where I come from, I'd say the experience to similar to low level World of Warcraft with worse movement: you'll mostly control your PC and use your abilities in the most effective rotation possible.

Last edited:

Frozen

Arcane

the combat is worst thing ever
no health potions, just spam 1-9
an of course easy difficulty because its a chore going through all that hp
killing a dragon even like that takes forever

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There are health potions. There's no healing magic.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
saying better assumes it has anything good in it
like...usable UI
but no...its terrible, everything and combat especially

But it was a good idea.

To see an approximation of the the idea executed better, play Pillars of Eternity on hard with a fighter, rogue, cipher, and one double. Camping supplies are potions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom