Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

pippin

Can you skip the singing cutscene? I skipped it in Origins for that same reason.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Its been a while and its always possible I missed something due to stupidity but I remember feverishly hitting buttons and then curling up in a ball on the floor and weeping silently.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I just remember sitting there kinda dumbstruck that they were actually going along with this fucking Disney bullshit. It killed whatever enthusiasm I had left for the game.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
so many great little short stories that have nothing to do with 99% of the rest of the gameplay.
pissed that it took me 2/3 of the way through to realize that i was still hoping if i just got a little farther it would redeem itself.

never closing another rift or scanning for a stupid diamond or wandering my castle looking for where that numbtard decided to wander off this time.
NWN2 was better -- same plot but outside of the interface i had far more patience and enjoyed it more than this one, and that was only a year ago.

pippin

A Disney fantasy game would be easier to digest than what Bioware has been making in recent years, because it kinda announces itself as a juvenile thing, while Bioware is supposed to be "mature" and "edgy".

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ITT: Tards complaining about how much the game sucks and is terrible, and yet they finished it, while it's quite a long game. They must really hate themselves if they spend over 50 hours doing something they dislike, when they could be playing "better" games.

gestalt11

Arbiter
I dunno, I never finished it. I soloed most of the dragons and ran around the zones to see what they were like. I was completely unkillable and zone "exploration" got old. No challenge and no plot. I lost the thread on the game. Completely ran out of gas and have never had any real reason to pick it up, because there is nothing to the game really, except some shallow and pandering writing.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
On this website: Tards complaining about how much the game sucks and is terrible, and yet they finished it, while it's quite a long game. They must really hate themselves if they spend over 50 hours doing something they dislike, when they could be playing "better" games.
Fixed.

Your scope is too limited, Konjad my boy - this is an ancient Codex tradition after all!

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
ITT: Tards complaining about how much the game sucks and is terrible, and yet they finished it, while it's quite a long game. They must really hate themselves if they spend over 50 hours doing something they dislike, when they could be playing "better" games.

You got to make some sacrifices if you want to ride the bull.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
First few hours - golden. next few hours - trepidation set in. 20 hours later -- not going to give up, this is for Ferelden after all! About 2/3 of the way through -- what the hell. Its ALL rifts, its all Diablo/Kingdoms of Amalur with cool short stories in between. But i should still..finish...it...nah
nah fuck it. I tried hard. I started so fanboy enthusiastic. But even DA2 was better. even if it gave up gameplay it at least streamlined that gameplay so it wasnt a slogfest to the next cgi treat. if DAI had been less open world and maybe 20hrs long i would have been dissapointed but at least still enjoyed it.
as it is i felt like my affections were taken advantage of and virginity torn away like when i first learned Orson Scott Card is a Mormon.

circ

Arcane
Can you skip the singing cutscene? I skipped it in Origins for that same reason.
Nope. Gotta sit through the entire religious shoehorning, although you can alt-tab out and it will run just fine.

Also, fucking Sera. I decided to spec her as daggers, and she's murdering everything in her path. Meanwhile I as a 2h warrior feel pretty useless, considering Solas drops ice mines that take armors down to 0 and Viv drops fire mines which destroyes everything else. 2h is just so stupidly slow.

pippin

Nope. Gotta sit through the entire religious shoehorning, although you can alt-tab out and it will run just fine.

Also, fucking Sera. I decided to spec her as daggers, and she's murdering everything in her path. Meanwhile I as a 2h warrior feel pretty useless, considering Solas drops ice mines that take armors down to 0 and Viv drops fire mines which destroyes everything else. 2h is just so stupidly slow.

DA:O's combat was just like this. There's no real reason to go with a 2h fighter, or even any fighters at all. This is even more notorious in Awakening.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Hey, I never finished it. Didn't want to touch it at all but everyone was like "how can you bash a game you haven't even played?" So I /sigh'd, torrented it and played it till L12 (on Nightmare - out of principle) rolling my eyes and yawning. The only fight that could be challenging was the pride demon miniboss in the end of the prologue, but I almost instantly realized that he could be kited around the column effortlessly so it ended up being as easy as everything else. I quit right after killing the Hinterlands dragon. The fight was basically Onyxia, Vanilla Edition dumbed down to the level suitable for biodrones.

My MC review (now nuked by MC for good along with my entire account), which I wrote in 100% blind guesswork mode before even watching RK47's letsplay, was spot on - the game proved to be every bit as bad as I had expected and even worse. Only two things somewhat surprised me: how everything looked made of plastic (on Ultra) and mute NPCs in Redcliffe standing forever in one place. It felt incredibly cheap. But I guess that's what we should expect from "AAA" games these days.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Eh, it's like watching bad movies and dissecting what's wrong with them. It's enjoyable in its own way. Not that I've played it yet, mind you. I think I'm just going to watch RK's let's play, or part of it at least. Seeing the first few minutes and the fact that everyone has plastic hair helmets let's me know this is going to be a doozy...

circ

Arcane
I started a new character apparently 10 hours ago, on nightmare this time. Starting out it was a little hairier at times and potions were out most of the time. Some rifts I had to skip that I could do easy earlier.

Anyway. I gathered up schematics, completely legit at that, built some tier 1 stuff that was pretty decent and kicked the shit out of those rifts, more or less. At level 6, the game starts to pretty much play the same as casual. That's not a very steep curve.

So, what changes with nightmare? Mobs seem to do something like 50% more damage, I think your damage might go up a little too but not in a major way - that or it's the fact I'm wearing more crit chance/crit dam equipment than usual. Combat tactics are completely unchanged, except I hang back more than I used to, which isn't that big a change.

Every single encounter has been the same, and although at first battles went from 30 second deals to 1-2 minutes, now they're sometimes over faster than on casual. ONE single mob has shown slightly different behaviour on nightmare - the nightmare. LOLOL BioWare. Motherfucker does nothing but spam a teleport skill which when there are 3 or more of those guys, means complete command denial for your guy. Other than that, yeah, shit's the same. Why do you even bother calling it a difficulty option when all it does is increase damage and mob hp? That's not difficulty. Even Mass Effect changed enemy composition on higher difficulties, not that it was any more a challenge but it's something.

EDIT: had some probs with one of the last two rifts in Hinterlands because holy fuck - on casual you can somewhat ignore the shitty groupmate AI tactics, but on nightmare, eh, it can result in some nice fuck ups. Like, everyone in the party hurt-ish. Two mages, both with next to full mana. AND BOTH WITH BARRIER READY TO CAST. BUT YOU'RE NOT CASTING. WHY IS THAT LEON? Or casting firemine when you fucking feel like it, not when it would be I dunno, useful. Or leaping shot from the edge of combat. Fucking hell BioWare.

EDIT2: it took like 4-5 tries but I managed the first one. Second one, the one in the cave was pissing me off so I cheesed it on third try and dispelled the two I dunno, flying ice witches whatever the fuck those are. It's a valid 'strategy', even the game says it, but it just feels cheap. I like to kill everything because hay. Technically I think some of these rifts are supposed to be post-specialization rifts atleast on nightmare, but shit, if you want me to return to your shit areas BioWare and not do them all in one sitting, make them I dunno, remotely interesting.

EDIT3: well, Highland dragon is being an ass. Is it a challenge because a mob one rounds you with undodgeable skills? No. I got it to 30-40% health, then I run out of health and regen potions and resurrecting my groupmates at 10% health gets very repetitive. I'd use a different tactic, but the only tactic is pretty much - dodge fireballs, quaff potion when dragon uses unavoidable wing buffet - hoping shitty mage AI puts up barrier. I keep trying to justify continuing on nightmare but I got no arguments going in its favor. An achievement? Holy shit what a thing.

EDIT4: got Highland dragon to 10%, all outta potions and well everyone dies. That's after forcing myself to farm some herbs to upgrade healing potions and regen. First tried with Iron Bull because he gets an approval bonus when he's with the group for dragon kills. He sure talks big, and then sucks up every fucking healing potion from the group pretty much. Yeah fuck you, you're fucking worthless despite getting the best weapon in the whole party and the best armor too. Cass gets your job suckballs. Although Cassandra is pretty lulzy herself. OH SHIT BIG WALL OF FIRE INFRONT OF ME. I BETTER HEAD BACK. NO WAIT. LETS GO FORWARD. OH SHIT FIRE WALL. RETREAT. SHUT UP I CANT GO AROUND IT, A RETARD PROGRAMMED MY AI.

LES EDITES DIGITALES: I went back to casual after the fight because short of having fights take 3 times as long, there's no point to nightmare. Checked BSN for nightmare opinions, and they were saying casual is too hard. Dude. I was geared for nightmare and now casual is no longer casual, it's babymode.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Forcing my way through this. Beat all high dragons and beat most collectathlon quests that I have encountered. Not bothering with the mosaic pieces and some other crap like the bottles and whatever. I don't think I have many main missions left. Had I had anything else to play on PS4, the game would probably have been shelved by now. Combat is even more boring at higher levels because the challenge is completely gone. Varric is still a decent character, and I don't mind Solas. Blackwall is sort of a bro, I guess. Cole and Sera are some of the worst characters in any video game that I have played. Don't remember much about the main story because my play time with the game has been sparse lately. I've read that people like this more than The Witcher 3. TW3 must be a bad game if this is better.

I didn't buy ME3 (played via PS+) or DA2 as I have said before in this thread already, and I honestly wouldn't have missed much by skipping this. A Mass Effect 4 purchase seems very unlikely at this point. (I liked the combat in ME3 but not much else.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...uisition-to-ditch-ps3-xbox-360-for-future-dlc

Dragon Age: Inquisition to ditch PS3, Xbox 360 for future DLC

BioWare will abandon the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dragon Age: Inquisition for future DLC.

The developer hasn't said how many add-ons it is still planning to launch.

Existing PS3 and Xbox 360 players will be able to carry their save files across to PS4 and Xbox One - if they keep within the same console family - via a new save transfer tool.

The tool will launch as part of the game's July update (Patch 8), BioWare has said.

Transfer to/from PC will not initially be possible.

Previously-released DLC such as the Jaws of Hakkon and Spoils of the Avvar packs will be free on PS4/Xbox One if you bought them on PS3/Xbox 360. Promotional items will also carry over.

You'll just need a new copy of the game, then.

Handily, Dragon Age: Inquisition is currently half price in the Xbox Ultimate Game Sale. Or if you can wait a little longer, it will join the EA Access subscription programme in August - so you could just subscribe to that for a month and play any new DLC that way.

Dragon Age creative director Mike Laidlaw previously told Eurogamer that Inquisition had been a challenge to develop across five platforms and two console generations, and bemoaned the "memory limitations" that had caused some ideas to be cut.

It could be that the upcoming DLC will be able to move beyond these limitations for the first time now that the PS3 and Xbox 360's decade-old hardware does not have to be considered.

But what will future DLC add? BioWare said earlier this month that "we're not quite done with story content for DAI just yet". Shortly after, a marketing survey leaked ideas for a new campaign add-on that would reveal "the final fate of the Inquisition" and that would be "a last adventure".

The DLC's story will revolve around confronting "the one who started it all" and about facing "a great evil before it is too late". Players who have reached Inquisition's ending will have a good idea who that may refer to.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
An odd move, especially considering there's only one piece of DLC left. They might be able to up the numbers a little graphics-wise, but why invite all the butthurt that'll come with the abandonment?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
An odd move, especially considering there's only one piece of DLC left. They might be able to up the numbers a little graphics-wise, but why invite all the butthurt that'll come with the abandonment?

I'm guessing they took a look at the number of people who bought DLC on the last-gen consoles and it was very low

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Has this game been cracked for PC? I checked KAT and TPB, and found nothing.

Disclaimer: I don't actually want the game on my PC, I'm just wondering about the success of Denuvo.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yes and no. I think it only works on certain versions of windows 7 and 8. I haven't tried it myself though. Mainly because I have no desire to play this sjw crap.​

They comply with DeeeMCA, I think. Shit's vanishing left and right there these days.

Or so I've heard from my friend's friend's room-mate...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom