Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Sykar

Arcane
Look, I poured over 100 hours into Inquisition and I can be the one to say that it is a great game. The characters were great and the writing is quality and the gameplay is addictive as hell. This is their best game since Neverwinter Nights. I feel like too many of you are living in the past. I've been lurking here for a while now but it's time to stop the Bioware hate. They are great. And I KNOW you guys love Dragon Age Inquisition, you're just too scared to admit because you don't want to betray obsidian or whatever. Get with the times please.

Thanks for reading.

Never go full :avatard:...

Damn, too late.

Something tells me it will be -50% or more during summer sales, so probably you won't have to wait that much.
As with DA2, I'm going to wait at least a year so it's fully patched and possibly bundled with DLC (though it probably won't be).

Isn't Dragon Derp the epitome of grognardism?

:troll:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Look, I poured over 100 hours into Inquisition and I can be the one to say that it is a great game. The characters were great and the writing is quality and the gameplay is addictive as hell. This is their best game since Neverwinter Nights. I feel like too many of you are living in the past. I've been lurking here for a while now but it's time to stop the Bioware hate. They are great. And I KNOW you guys love Dragon Age Inquisition, you're just too scared to admit because you don't want to betray obsidian or whatever. Get with the times please.

Thanks for reading.
:bro:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Thanks for reading.

Obsidian and Bioware(whateaver the fuck is left of it) are equally garbage at the moment,both studios had some decent games in the past and now they are lingering in the darkness of medidocrity.

Dragon age Inquisition or how i like to call it ''Kingdoms of Amalur 2'' was just a rushed project because this was meant to be a mmo,that's why you have quests like ,get 10 pieces of ram meat or find a bazzilion of shards.EA knew those idiots couldn't make a good mmo ,example (Swtor) so they ditched the idea and just stapled a pathetic storyline that makes Dragon age 2 look like a grade A hooker.
And those companions dude ''trannies,homosexuals,bestiality'' what in the name of god is this,jersey shore,jerry springer?

25 years of gaming and this is what i get?

Caim

Arcane

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You guys can sure talk a lot about a game that you all supposedly "hate." :lol:

500+ pages.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

500+ pages.
Hating something is more fun than enjoying it.Hating is fulfilling and it gives you a sense of relief.Enjoying something is not that interesting thing to talk about.
So yhea, hating will always have more relevance than enjoying something.

Quick print this and put it on a frame.

Modron

Arcane
To be fair a good majority of that talk was before the game was released once it came out and we saw some of RK47's LPs the number of new posts took a nosedive.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
To be fair a good majority of that talk was before the game was released once it came out and we saw some of RK47's LPs the number of new posts took a nosedive.
My comment still stands. I saw the demo of Dragon Age: 2, and I chose to stay away from the series since then. I'm pretty sure everyone should've known by now what kind of game was going to be released since BioWare has been adamant about going in a different direction from Dragon Age: Origins.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My comment still stands. I saw the demo of Dragon Age: 2, and I chose to stay away from the series since then. I'm pretty sure everyone should've known by now what kind of game was going to be released since BioWare has been adamant about going in a different direction from Dragon Age: Origins.

Excuse me, but why do you keep putting a colon between the name of games and their sequel number. "Wasteland: 2", " Dragon Age: 2"

That's even worse than the people going around calling them "Shadowrun: Returns" and "Project: Eternity"

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Excuse me, but why do you keep putting a colon between the name of games and their sequel number. "Wasteland: 2", " Dragon Age: 2"

That's even worse than the people going around calling them "Shadowrun: Returns" and "Project: Eternity"
Excuse me, but why do you even care? If it's that horrible to look at a simple colon, you must have issues. :nocountryforshitposters:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Mexi you just got rekt dude,look at that bastard making fun of your colons,are you going to let this heresy stand mexi? Say something mean to him...

DraQ

Arcane

Excuse me, but why do you even care? If it's that horrible to look at a simple colon, you must have issues. :nocountryforshitposters:
Not everyone wants to be a proctologist.
:M

Anyway, common hate and derison are what binds the RPG: Codex together.
Besides, being vocal about shit being shit still has a better chance of improving things than sitting on your ass sipping Mountain: Dew.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

500+ pages.
I see you are new to the Codex. It's okay though. Soon you will learn. Learn and follow the flow of fulfilling hatred and disdain.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

500+ pages.
I see you are new to the Codex. It's okay though. Soon you will learn. Learn and follow the flow of fulfilling hatred and disdain.
Seems like that is my first impression; although, this place is nowhere near as bad as No Mutants Allowed. They have good news, but the forum is absolute trash. Nothing but hate-filled slime. I wonder if they like anything.

Konjad

Patron

500+ pages.
Seems like that is my first impression; although, this place is nowhere near as bad as No Mutants Allowed. They have good news, but the forum is absolute trash. Nothing but hate-filled slime. I wonder if they like anything.
Codex has way more varied opinions than other forums, because there is less circlejerking than anywhere else due to the fact that more than games we hate each other.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

500+ pages.
Codex has way more varied opinions than other forums, because there is less circlejerking than anywhere else due to the fact that more than games we hate each other.

You don't know what you're talking about dude,it's love hate,the most beautiful type of hate.It binds people to tell each other to fuck off and eat shit.Good old love I tell you.

Absinthe

Arcane

Thanks for reading.
:what:

Now, I've crashed at my friend's place (where there's just an X-Box One) enough times that I too can vouch that I have spent a solid number of hours playing Dragon Age Inquisition. So let me be the one to say that the writing is overdone, the sheer amount of retcon and shoehorned LGBT issues is an obnoxious detriment, the gameplay is thoroughly mediocre and dull, the Inquisition never seems to actually do shit befitting the name, the game still runs on banalshitboring fetch quests, the combat is tedious, the balance is crap, the multiplayer is laughably underdeveloped and nothing more than an extraordinarily repetitive endless gear and stat grind, the patches are excruciatingly slow and incomplete, and the bugs are obnoxious. But I will say that the multiplayer was more enjoyable than the single-player, because at least you were doing shit instead of wasting time waiting for shit to happen and the level grind is much faster in multiplayer (Do Perilous at 1, walk out level 12 in half an hour), which is good, because multiplayer has no fucking respecs (and did I mention the bugs? Some stuff is just dead weight, like Gathering Storm which actually does nothing) - you just reroll and keep your loot. Also Inquisition's combat system is better suited to controlling a single character than a whole party. Overall I actually liked multiplayer much better than singleplayer, which really speaks to Inquisition's quality.

:killitwithfire:

If you're wondering why I was playing Inquisition, the X-Box One has a terrible selection. I tried playing Worms but you can't really rope with an X-Box controller so it was a very disappointing experience. If you need a gaming console, I would probably recommend you just make a gaming PC, get some controllers, and hook that up to your TV instead.

I'm interested in learning if it's "hard" or "game journalist hard." Maybe Bioware can steer this ship into the right direction, though chances are high they're just gonna scrap everything and start over with the next DA just like they've done twice already :lol:
Mostly game journalist hard. There are many ways to break the difficulty curve of the game. At the start of the game though higher difficulties are pretty fucking annoying since you have to carefully maneuver your whole party with that demon, and did I mention that Inquisition isn't well-suited to controlling a party? Might've also been the X-Box controller.

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Thanks for reading.

Obsidian and Bioware(whateaver the fuck is left of it) are equally garbage at the moment,both studios had some decent games in the past and now they are lingering in the darkness of medidocrity.

Dragon age Inquisition or how i like to call it ''Kingdoms of Amalur 2'' was just a rushed project because this was meant to be a mmo,that's why you have quests like ,get 10 pieces of ram meat or find a bazzilion of shards.EA knew those idiots couldn't make a good mmo ,example (Swtor) so they ditched the idea and just stapled a pathetic storyline that makes Dragon age 2 look like a grade A hooker.
And those companions dude ''trannies,homosexuals,bestiality'' what in the name of god is this,jersey shore,jerry springer?

25 years of gaming and this is what i get?

See here is the thing.. Dragon Age wasn't that rushed.. I don't know why it turned out so shit (Is the MMO Thing confirmed?).. EA actually gave them the time to hit it out of the park. The Mass Effect Team is sperate from the Dragon Age team and they outsource their DLC to another team as well..

So in theory they were working on Dragon Age Inquistion after Dragon Age 2 came out.. That is a significant amount of time.. about a year less then Witcher 3..

I think Bioware is just inept as fuck or multiplayer schlock takes a long time to develop.. Or the Battlefield Engine was rocky and required a lot of upfront development.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So, it is possible find some fun in this game or not?

Define "fun". :balance:

You can find some here
09.jpg

Features:
- Good rotatable isometric camera.
- PC user interface.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom