Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

The bottom pictures are excellent. Reminiscent of early 20th century children's book illustration. The other more "concept art" focused stuff's decent too, and yet somehow it will all conspire to look incredibly bland when translated into in-game assets.

Knut

Educated
that was interesting video... the tarot cards and art design in general is very, very good (i thought it was way more reminiscent of vienna secession and klimt in particular, not so much northern renaissance), showing no 3d can really beat the 2d illustrations. good to see someone at bioware came to his senses (it took just a bit more than a decade). that said, it still dangerously flirts with kitschy and next to it UI looks horrible with it's clean vector design ( actiony and out of place in high fantasy setting). this could have been a joy for the eyes if things would have been consistent

the actual world looks WAY oversaturated and use of color palette in almost every fucking scene ranges from barely forgivable to atrocious. who the hell think stuffing the whole specter of possible colors and turning saturation to 300+ will not induce epileptic seizures? it a shame to see an actually good looking world drowning in kitch and exaggerations.

dryan

Arcane
2014_09_25_05_13_46_EGX_Twitch.jpg

Such lovingly stylized chest hair.

Malpercio

Arcane
Oh, please. No need to justify yourself.

We all used to watch Power Rangers because they were fucking awesome.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
The combat seems utterly boring. Im guessing the UI on the pc will also stink of consoleportitis.

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira

The Power Ranger music made me realise that Dragon Age could be awesome if they had gone even more OTT than they already have. Make it the cheesiest and dumbest game you possibly can so that you can make fun of other fantasy games. I would enjoy that.
Yeah, I'd most likely enjoy it if David Gaider and company was exchanged for the Saint's Row writers. I mean the writing is almost best of the worst tier already so why not just embrace the schlock and abandon of all pretence of making a serious game?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Oh wow.
Bioware does have the right writers, but wrong genre:lol:. I honestly think that their games would get better, if they weren't serious about their writings.

Martius

Liturgist
Since Bioware wants to make Dragon Age combat more "action", we should at least get something like that.

Executr

Cipher
Are you ready for The Sims 4...err... I mean DA:I?!
dragon-age-inquisition-character-creator.jpg

It seems they'll do a stream tomorrow, to show the character creation and some gameplay. Source

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom