Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FFS you tards, have you forgotten how many times D:OS was delayed? Delays don't tell you anything about the final quality of a game in the absence of other information.

RPGMaster

Savant
Name-search repliiiiiiiiiiiiies

tuluse: da2 was also originall planned as an expansion, but turned into a full release during production
Infinitron: tuluse: source?
tuluse: I got that from roguey actually
Infinitron: never heard anything about da2 being an expansion. there was a canceled expansion for da2 itself tho

This is correct, it was going to be called Dragon Age: Exodus (though I think it became a sequel during the middle of pre-prod, not during actual production). Moreover http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/two-years-of-dlc-planned-for-dragon-age

We only actually got one year. :)

It's my guess that Exodus was intended to be a one-act RPG, but when it became a full-fledged sequel they were like "Fuck, this is way too short and we don't have the time to make more levels" so they recycled all those maps for acts 2 and 3, turning a 10-20 hour RPG into a 30-60.

You're getting confused.

Exodus was the original name for DA2 but EA changed it to DA2 because they thought people were too :retarded: to realize it was a sequel if it didn't have a number in the title.

EXALTED MARCH was the name of the DA2 expansion pack that was planned but cancelled when they realized it would flop because of the poor sales of the DLC and lack of interest from retailers (also resulting in no GOTY/Ulitimate Edition of DA2). They realized it was time to cut off the arm before the DA2 infection spread anymore.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You're getting confused.
Maybe you should pay attention to what I write because I'm not repeating myself a third fucking time.

Exodus was the original name for DA2 but EA changed it to DA2 because they thought people were too :retarded: to realize it was a sequel if it didn't have a number in the title.
Motivation for the change is pure speculation on your part.

EXALTED MARCH was the name of the DA2 expansion pack that was planned but cancelled when they realized it would flop because of the poor sales of the DLC and lack of interest from retailers (also resulting in no GOTY/Ulitimate Edition of DA2). They realized it was time to cut off the arm before the DA2 infection spread anymore.
Aside from the part about retailers not being interesting an ultimate edition, more speculation. DA2 DLC actually sold very well.

You know what's not speculation? That thing I wrote that I'm not repeating again.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
anticipation.jpg

Hepler's Vagina

Learned
DA2 DLC actually sold very well.

AFAIK that only comes from Gaider who seems to be desperately trying not to give the critics any satisfaction. If sales really were that stellar, I'm sure Bio would have milked that as long as possible while concurrently working on DA3.

Also it depends on the benchmark. All you need to do is email your accountant to amend sales expectations from 300k to 1k and suddenly your DLC sales will do "well" ("thank you very much").

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
AFAIK that only comes from Gaider who seems to be desperately trying not to give the critics any satisfaction. If sales really were that stellar, I'm sure Bio would have milked that as long as possible while concurrently working on DA3.
Gaider is a teller of partial-truths but not an outright-liar. Bioware thought folding in its budget into DAI would end up working better in the long-term. They want that Skyrim money.

Also it depends on the benchmark. All you need to do is email your accountant to amend sales expectations from 300k to 1k and suddenly your DLC sales will do "well" ("thank you very much").
DLC doesn't do well if they lose money on making it.

polo

Magister
People here seems to know about developing a game, etc. What does a 1 month delay mean? Marketing strategy or what?

People here seems to know about developing a game, etc. What does a 1 month delay mean? Marketing strategy or what?
Not always. Yes, theoretically it could be marketing strategy (though I fail to see what would DA:I get with delay - if anything, they should release that shit faster, to give it more time to sell before Witcher 3 launch). It could be cutting of some gameplay features, or story parts, which aren't working as intended. It could be additional QA process (though I doubt it).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Horse Armor sure does cost a lot to make.
Legacy and Mark of the Assassin weren't horse armor.

David Gaider said:
This is not a “great, now we have more time to do extra stuff” delay, but rather a “now we have time to finish the stuff already on our plate” delay.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
One month is north of 120 hours per employee. Knowing EA, probably around 200.

polo

Magister
Horse Armor sure does cost a lot to make.
Legacy and Mark of the Assassin weren't horse armor.

David Gaider said:
This is not a “great, now we have more time to do extra stuff” delay, but rather a “now we have time to finish the stuff already on our plate” delay.

Aw, i was expecting more romances.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Achievements for the game were apparently leaked. They're mostly generic 'you collected 50 of x! go you!' crap but one of them confirms that multiplayer is still in the game.

WalmartJesus

Learned
Cant wait for DA:I/Bioware to call people "evil right wing homophobes" when turning down buttsex with wizard Freddy Mercury ...like with Anders in DA2 :roll:

dryan

Arcane
Cant wait for DA:I/Bioware to call people "evil right wing homophobes" when turning down buttsex with wizard Freddy Mercury ...like with Anders in DA2 :roll:
I do find it ironic how people also whined about how they got 'Rivalry' points out of turning him down.
There's nothing ironic about it, it's pretty simple: people play the game to min/max everything, including the relationship points that grant you skill bonuses. Getting rivalry points when you're trying to get friendship points just because you don't want to flirt with a faggot is upsetting.

WalmartJesus

Learned
I dont give a shit about DA2 (much less the Friendship/Rivalry system). I'm more insulted by the principle that you try to be friendly and get to know your party member ...next thing you know,they're trying to fuck you and you're treated like a cold hearted asshole for turning them down. Like there cant be any sort of middle ground or shades of gray.

Delterius

Arcane
I do find it ironic how people also whined about how they got 'Rivalry' points out of turning him down.
There's nothing ironic about it, it's pretty simple: people play the game to min/max everything, including the relationship points that grant you skill bonuses. Getting rivalry points when you're trying to get friendship points just because you don't want to flirt with a faggot is upsetting.
I for one cherish every 'rivalry' or 'disapproval' point when I tell BioWare companions to fuck off. Fucking munchkins can't handle inconsequential penalties.

Lhynn

Arcane
I dont give a shit about DA2 (much less the Friendship/Rivalry system). I'm more insulted by the principle that you try to be friendly and get to know your party member ...next thing you know,they're trying to fuck you and you're treated like a cold hearted asshole for turning them down. Like there cant be any sort of middle ground or shades of gray.
There can be 50.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom