Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

7/10

Learned
New trailer

Epic music. Epic battle scenes. Epic dragons. I can barely contain my lack of interest. Day 426 drunken torrent confirmed.

I still have no idea why they kept "Inquisition" in the title when you and your motley crew are obviously out to save the world and not burn heretics. I can only assume someone thought it sounded cool as a subtitle. Good thing there are other games more worthy of bearing that title, I guess.

SojN1dG.jpg
:retarded::lol::lol::lol:
ITT we pretend that this piece of shit was worth playing for the sake of bashing Bioware.

Tytus

Arcane
Armored Mount: Flames of the Inquisition gear also includes a valiant steed, complete with its own set of Inquisition Armor forged from the flames of battle.
I sure hope you RPG fans are planning to preorder the Dragon Age™: Inquisition Digital Deluxe Edition from the Origin Store.

I will pre-order it twice and offer one copy on the codex. Watch me pre-ordering it now. :deadhorse:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Again with the saving the world, If they hope to make even bigger threat in next game they better endanger the universe.

One thing (the only thing) I liked about DA2 was the idea of smaller story that centers on a fate of one person, too bad they butchered it with that whole mages vs templars bullshit.

There was a very brief moment that I thought, just maybe, Bioware was a learning animal and that Inquisition could be a small story done right, maybe about a group of inquisitors investigating a death of a king or trying to prevent civil war.

But hey bigger is better and nothing is more epic then saving the world, the bigger it is the more emotionally involved the players get, right?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New trailer

i'm sold on the trailer. it's far more colorful and expanse than the previous entries to the series and has an upbeat "anything could happen" attitude to the adventure.

production values on this one are through the roof. as much as i hate EA for destroying the MASS EFFECT trilogy i still may purchase this product at release.

Half the Codex will buy this day one because Bioware is the James Cameron of RPG development.

Dialogue hokey? Characters cartoony? Story pedestrian? Trendy populist themes? Doesn't matter. The technical detail and visual storytelling that goes into the world building is so viscerally appealing that its a day one purchase for a majority of RPG fans.

Bioware dialogues, characters, stories, and themes don't have the same depth and quality of an Obsidian story, but they're effective.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
Anybody noticed the striking visual similarities between DA:I, Bound by Flame and Lords of the Fallen?

It's almost like that Killzone2-Battlefield-Call of Duty comparison picture.
Aesthetically sure, but Bound by Flame seems way more interesting on the whole. Especially since it's like I've already seen everything DA:I has to offer even before release because if you've played one Bioware game you've played them all really.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Grafix look great and the different enviroments look kewl

Gameplay-wise it will probably be an OK action game with some minor choices and some big fake ones

Will probably play this game called "Dragon Souls: Inclinition"

jdinatale

Cipher
Hey guys, here's this really shitty game we're never going to play, let's make a 200 page thread about it!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"nd I guess they lost more than a publisher when Black Isle went under, the drop between banal generic BG2 and awful NWN is one of the fastest decline I have ever seen."

\You are an idiot. BIS did ZERO writing for the BGs. They were the fukkin' publisher. Also, NWN was basically almost done when BIO said fuck off to Interplay. Plus, ON TOP OF THAT, as far writing goes, the BGs are nowhere near as good as later BIO games. Espicially fukkin' BG1. FFS

"lol at the cheapass bevel on the EA logo. I'd close Bioware if I was EA and they did that to my logo."

EA is the publisher (FFS they own BIO on top of that). They are responsible for the cover art.

"Hey guys, here's this really shitty game we're never going to play, let's make a 200 page thread about it!"

Uh... You do realize this is the Codex, right? The guys ragging on it are porbably first in line to buy/steal the game. LMFAO

Last edited:

Hepler's Vagina

Learned
Codex pre 2007 "Games these days are all pretty visuals and little gameplay substance"

Codex post 2014 "ooh this cinematic trailer showing no gameplay has pretty visuals! Shiny! Looks like this could be a good game. Might preorder"

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
codex 2007 - 100 active members
codex 2014 - a million

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Half the Codex will buy this day one because Bioware is the James Cameron of RPG development.

Dialogue hokey? Characters cartoony? Story pedestrian? Trendy populist themes? Doesn't matter. The technical detail and visual storytelling that goes into the world building is so viscerally appealing that its a day one purchase for a majority of RPG fans.

No.

Lots of people will Day 1 Pirate it, though.

Tytus

Arcane
Because the game doesn't have big enough traction on the Kodex here is a potato version of the trailer:

Maybe now you uncivilized monkeys will learn at least a little portion of a Human Language. :obviously: Seeing how popular this game is here.

Rake

Arcane

No.

Depends what games will be out at that moment realy. If W2 or DOS are out sooner, but not soon enought to have them finished by October, i'll wait to pirate the patched, final version(DLC included).
Sadly, paying for this is out of the question even if they somehow manage to make a good game, because fuck Origin. Well, who cares. EA's loss.

Tytus

Arcane

No.

Depends what games will be out at that moment realy. If W2 or DOS are out sooner, but not soon enought to have them finished by October, i'll wait to pirate the patched, final version(DLC included).
Sadly, paying for this is out of the question even if they somehow manage to make a good game, because fuck Origin. Well, who cares. EA's loss.

You can always buy the console version :troll:

Rake

Arcane

No.

You can always buy the console version :troll:
Now that's a good suggestion.Unfortunently i don't have a console :(
plus the only reason i'm even shlightly interested in playing this game is that i can play it exclusively in top down,"tactical" view, which propably won't mess well with consoles

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
vauoyx.jpg

Better than anticipated I'd say. While it still fully embraces the current trend of putting the protagonist square in the center it at least does do something slightly different in its setup. Can't say that I'm cheering but at least I'm not cringing at this. Also, Pc Gamer has an interview which no doubt is filled with tasty morsels to bitch about.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/22/d...ance-returning-characters-and-the-open-world/

Just read it. It's all words with hardly anything of value in it. Here is a nice example to rage about.

Dragon Age 2, we decided we want to try something, to try to do very different storytelling, something much more personal, something much more tightly constrained. No chosen one, no clear overarching threat. I don’t think it was a perfect success, but that was intentional.

A lot of the other changes that are perceived, the overall scope of the game or the perception of the combat getting a lot simpler or waves and things like that—not intended, exactly. That was supposed to be more evolutionary. I think we just overreached. We pushed too hard.

Because of Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition is having to be a lot more ambitious, to address those concerns and really try to get back much more to the roots of the franchise. Much more about tactical combat and a higher level of deliberate difficulty. More clear overall story, with the moral choices still in there, but much more in vein of Dragon Age: Origins style storytelling. You’re right to ask. The goal wasn’t to revolutionize the series every single time, but Dragon Age 2 forced our hand to a certain degree.

Yup, the problem with Dragon Age 2 was the smaller more intimate story. Not the fact that the city had no personality and that you assholes simply kept using the exact same assets at every turn. I can only take so much of the exact same cave after cave after cave.

PC Gamer: I read, recently, I think it was something that came out of PAX about diversifying the types of romantic relationship in the game. I was going to ask if some of that thinking also applies to friendship as well because obviously it’s a type of relationship that people have with the companions that’s not necessarily binary.

Mark Darrah: Friendship I think is … I think we’ve become trapped by that, the word romance. I think friendship is … I actually regret that in Dragon Age 2 we didn’t have essentially that kind of bromance with Varric. He’s not a romance, but he’s, you can hang out with him and be your bud and have that same kind of depth. Some of our, what we would traditionally call romances in Dragon Age: Inquisition are falling more into that camp where they’re not … they’re more in that friendship area.

A move towards getting rid of retarded romances or the announcement of more cringeworthy 'interaction?' The word bromance alone is probably a good indication of the direction this will take. Ungh.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom