Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

New trailer

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Shadow of Mordor looks like a cheap Assassin's Creed clone. It would need a miracle to turn out good.

Alien Isolation, I have no doubt, will be a quality product. But one you only play once and then throw away for good. 75% off it shall be.

Dragon Derp is Bioware is Derp. Nothing more to add there.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
So this thread is a way to vent our frustation that a shitty developer is unfairly popular.
sure it is... i wonder how many here will post their own impressions once it's out.
Get you head out of your ass and find a sense of humor.
can't do. shitty day and this thread made me remember that i bought that shitstain da:o because codex was fucking in love with it.

Tytus

Arcane
So this thread is a way to vent our frustation that a shitty developer is unfairly popular.
sure it is... i wonder how many here will post their own impressions once it's out.
Get you head out of your ass and find a sense of humor.
can't do. shitty day and this thread made me remember that i bought that shitstain da:o because codex was fucking in love with it.

You need to know what you hate. Hating something without knowing it is the main characteristic of a redneck.

Yeah, what's up with that? I still don't understand what DAO was codex rpg of the year. It had to be a really shitty year.
Though while DA:O was shitty I kinda enjoyed DA:A, so I'm probably not the one to talk.

xemous

Arcane
New trailer

i'm sold on the trailer. it's far more colorful and expanse than the previous entries to the series and has an upbeat "anything could happen" attitude to the adventure.

production values on this one are through the roof. as much as i hate EA for destroying the MASS EFFECT trilogy i still may purchase this product at release.

Tytus

Arcane
New trailer

i'm sold on the trailer. it's far more colorful and expanse than the previous entries to the series and has an upbeat "anything could happen" attitude to the adventure.

production values on this one are through the roof. as much as i hate EA for destroying the MASS EFFECT trilogy i still may purchase this product at release.

No Marylin Manson music in this one, though. Ruined Forever.

This is a proper DA trailer :dance::troll:

Tytus

Arcane
That is a fan made cover.
I consider "made" a bit of an overstatement when used to describe slapping a filter or two onto the real thing, but I digress.

I meant the overall composition is rather reminiscent of Flames of Vengeance cover.

While true, the person who did was probably more "inspired" by this:

Dragon_Age_2_cover.jpg

Which is much more reminiscent of Flames of Vengance, but still I don't think it's a rip off. It's more of a product of the current cover mentality. Put a dude with a sword in a cool pose, head down, eyes up, and plaster some generic thing into the background.

eremita

Savant
WOW! And if we pre order today we are gettting day 1 DLC for free.
Much rejoicing, such happiness.

That day-1 dlc was of course made after the main game was complete and wasn't planned in advanced.

DA: Derpisition.

As much as I disliked DA2 they at least made a nice set-up for the sequel. War between Mages and Templars. Sociological change on the continent, etc. But no, fuck that. let's have a generic demon invasion and let's not explore the politics and culture changes that would surely come becaue of the events of the second game. Let's throwaway any moral ambiguity and make another black and white game, when you don't have to think if the enemy is trully wrong and if your actions are justified. Demons, go kill them. That's Bioware for you.
Nope, the "War theme" and "Social change" (What the fuck is sociological change in this context, man?:retarded: Or am I missing something?) is the other theme of the game. According to BW, there are basically two goals: killing demons (possibly retarded) and restore order (might be interesting).

I'm gonna play this shit, because after replaying MotB, BG2 and playing Shadowrun, I'm pretty much disgusted by CRPGs (at least until D:OS is out) and need some decent emotionally engaging popamole... Hey! at least I'm honest about my faggotary!

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
New trailer

No Marylin Manson music in this one, though. Ruined Forever.

This is a proper DA trailer :dance::troll:

Lol man I forgot about that terrible shit.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I still have no idea why they kept "Inquisition" in the title when you and your motley crew are obviously out to save the world and not burn heretics. I can only assume someone thought it sounded cool as a subtitle. Good thing there are other games more worthy of bearing that title, I guess.

SojN1dG.jpg

Tytus

Arcane
I still have no idea why they kept "Inquisition" in the title when you and your motley crew are obviously out to save the world and not burn heretics. I can only assume someone thought it sounded cool as a subtitle. Good thing there are other games more worthy of bearing that title, I guess.

SojN1dG.jpg

Because in Social Justice Heaven which Bioware games are, you can't play a bad guy. Inquisition in their world takes care of the underprivileged, reminds you to check your white privilege and fights demons.

Deleted member 7219

Trailer makes it look like Dragon Age II.

I wanted to laugh when they said "it gets bigger with each passing hour".... if there is that amount of threat in the game, how will they explain how the protagonist has time to go off rescuing cats for sidequests?

Still, pre-ordered, will play on day of release etc.

Edit: Ok scratch the pre-order. £50? Fucking ridiculous. I'll wait to see if Green Man Gaming does it on special offer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom