Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Harold

Arcane
haha her hand is as low-poly as the arrows. And dat face ---> Bioware implying lesbianism gives you brain damage, gg wp

iLNjJohl.jpg

Just what all the lesbians need.
Nah, Bioware already got Count Orlok fans covered.

Caim

Arcane
I already pointed out that a good chunk of the cast looks like they were copied from The Legend of Korra, but if this Zaheer looking motherfucker starts talking about "earthly tethers" I'm gonna contact Nickelodeon.

Tytus

Arcane
I already pointed out that a good chunk of the cast looks like they were copied from The Legend of Korra, but if this Zaheer looking motherfucker starts talking about "earthly tethers" I'm gonna contact Nickelodeon.

Zaheer at least had an awesome girlfriend. This guy can only romance desperate landwhales playing female inquisitors.

Zaheer at least had an awesome girlfriend. This guy can only romance desperate landwhales playing female inquisitors.
Female elven-only inquisitors to boot, so it means even more annoying special snowflake "I-can't-play-ugly-boring-racist-humans" landwhales. Then again, looking at this mug - they truly are a perfect match.

Angthoron

Arcane
I can't get over how horrible these characters look, and over how terrible the writing is. Literally.

Angthoron

Arcane
I think they're going for "Everyone is magically ugly and has extra chromosomes" looks since the first game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
make attractive male in skimpy outfit and everyone loses their minds. bewbs falling out left and right on the battlefield and no one bats an eye. it's like DAI doesn't have actual points for concern. some of you guys are total idiots.

:what:

Ho, right, Biotards. Had no idea they still kept coming here. Can i shit post? I mean, its not like there's anything of value in this thread. Can i?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
The Bioware universe is apparently filled to the brim with hideous creatures. Ugly is the norm. Maybe it is a manifestation of millenia of genetic degredation or a reflection of the avarage Bioware employee.

Character creation challenge: make a toon which is even uglier than any of these npcs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What i don't understand is that there was a time i would have at least called Bioware competent on the technical side of things. Shit design and shit writing i can understand, but shit graphics seems to be a new addition to their general incompetence.

What i don't understand is that there was a time i would have at least called Bioware competent on the technical side of things. Shit design and shit writing i can understand, but shit graphics seems to be a new addition to their general incompetence.

I'd say that in DA:O their shitty 3D modelers' efforts were somewhat mitigated by engine's limitations - that iteration of Aurora, (Eclipse, IIRC), really was bad in creating any good visuals, so their hands-from-ass thing wasn't so noticeable. In DA 2 though they were going for more stylized, cartoony style and failed hard, so both models and design became even more shitty.
But DA:I is being made on Frostbite, and we've seen it producing a fine visuals in Battlefield series. On better engine, the incompetence (and probably a lack of understanding or practice) of their 3d modelers is highlighted, because we can compare the results with both previous games and Battlefield series. Also, visual design (armor, clothing, architecture, etc.) for DA series was always bland and uninspiring, but in DA:I they somehow made it even worse.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
The Bioware universe is apparently filled to the brim with hideous creatures. Ugly is the norm. Maybe it is a manifestation of millenia of genetic degredation or a reflection of the avarage Bioware employee.

Character creation challenge: make a toon which is even uglier than any of these npcs.
fem8V68.png

pippin

Well...

1666.jpg

DA-BossCloseup--article_image.jpg

But that elven girl is especially hideous. At least it's supposed to be an elf, right? I can't tell. Her lips look like she had herpes, which, considering Bio's general focus when it comes to writing, seems oddly appropiate. I suppose they just gave up and designed their characters so it could be easier for larpers to cosplay.

RPGMaster

Savant
Rating Summary: This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of a warrior battling evil forces in different dimensions. Characters use swords, axes, hammers, and magic attacks to kill fantastical creatures (e.g., demons, monsters, dwarfs) and humans in melee-style combat. Cutscenes sometimes depict characters impaled or getting their throats slit. Violent sequences are often highlighted by cries of pain, gurgling/gushing sounds, and large blood-splatter effects; blood remains on the ground in several environments. The game includes some sexual material: a female character briefly depicted in front of a man's torso (fellatio is implied); characters depicted topless or with exposed buttocks while lying in bed or after sex; some dialogue referencing sex/sexuality (e.g., “'I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while thinking about this with great respect'” and “The way your t*ts bounce when I pin your arms and take you on the side of the bed…”). The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” appear in dialogue.

Stay classy BioWare.

Best writers in the industry.

Rating Summary: This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of a warrior battling evil forces in different dimensions. Characters use swords, axes, hammers, and magic attacks to kill fantastical creatures (e.g., demons, monsters, dwarfs) and humans in melee-style combat. Cutscenes sometimes depict characters impaled or getting their throats slit. Violent sequences are often highlighted by cries of pain, gurgling/gushing sounds, and large blood-splatter effects; blood remains on the ground in several environments. The game includes some sexual material: a female character briefly depicted in front of a man's torso (fellatio is implied); characters depicted topless or with exposed buttocks while lying in bed or after sex; some dialogue referencing sex/sexuality (e.g., “'I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while thinking about this with great respect'” and “The way your t*ts bounce when I pin your arms and take you on the side of the bed…”). The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” appear in dialogue.

Stay classy BioWare.

That somehow reminded me of this old little gem:
vGTaBXX.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane

Stay classy BioWare.

Source?

Edit: Oh my god it's from ESRB.

Holy fucking shit :lol:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33723&Title=

Updated my journal sig.

Edit: After re-reading the rating, I have to say that it should be rated

N for Not Sure if serious.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom