Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

imweasel

They're playing on hard and getting owned. lulz.

:lol::lol::lol:
at least Laidlaw can handle this game even when playing on m+kb.

i just got Dragon Age Keep closed beta invitation :yeah: non-disclosure agreement.....:rage:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
i just got Dragon Age Keep closed beta invitation :yeah: non-disclosure agreement.....:rage:
fattydrink.gif

pippin

At least they are consistent. They felt they needed their own Oberyn, so they made that character.

What is exactly Dragon Age Keep? For me it seems like a glorified BSN profile/achievement screen. Will it have any real impact on the game rather than just showing off that you got all the gay romance medals?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Keep thing does seem like a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' without the actual adventure part. I'm not really sure why it's taken them like a year and hundreds of beta testers to develop it, or what exactly is so exciting about it.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
At least they are consistent. They felt they needed their own Oberyn, so they made that character.

What is exactly Dragon Age Keep? For me it seems like a glorified BSN profile/achievement screen. Will it have any real impact on the game rather than just showing off that you got all the gay romance medals?

It's supposed to replace save imports by letting you choose your starting world state. No doubt the effects will be largely cosmetic, but that's the idea.

Sammael7

Literate
2qc09z4.jpg

Just when you thought BioWare had reached the upper limits of gay...

:dgaider:

Good, sick of all these games where the males look like a baseball bat was taken to their face/models/textures. Look at the original wow models, those male faces on the humans looked like they were strung up to the back of a truck, and dragged for miles. Gay guys are JUST as superficial as the rest of the rest of the male population, and we need eye candy too. Although that mustachio is a bit much.

pippin

It's supposed to replace save imports by letting you choose your starting world state. No doubt the effects will be largely cosmetic, but that's the idea.

But DA2 already had some pre-made "choices" from Origins... So yeah, my original idea still stands, it's a glorified BSN profile

dukeofwhales

Cipher
feck, i have my savegames from DA1 and 2 but it's not like I can remember the choices I made anyway

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
But DA2 already had some pre-made "choices" from Origins... So yeah, my original idea still stands, it's a glorified BSN profile

Who am I to stand in the path of your attempt to be edgy but I think the idea was that DA2's import system was broken and that implementing a better system cross gen wouldn't have been possible for them. Bioware does a lot of ridiculous stuff as it is (see screenshot above), we don't really need to make things up in addition.

Knut

Educated
make attractive male in skimpy outfit and everyone loses their minds. bewbs falling out left and right on the battlefield and no one bats an eye. it's like DAI doesn't have actual points for concern. some of you guys are total idiots.

eremita

Savant
:lol::lol::lol:
at least Laidlaw can handle this game even when playing on m+kb.
Yep, Laidlaw seems to be a pretty good gamer. That Australian guy kind of sucks though.

:australia:

i just got Dragon Age Keep closed beta invitation
Same here. :D Gonna break the NDA and post all of the super hot romance stuff here for the Codex' pleasure.

:troll:
The Australian guy is a producer. They all suck at video games. If I am to look at devs gameplay, it should involve people like Laidlaw/gameplay/combat designers... Just look at Brennecke in PoE vids.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
make attractive male in skimpy outfit and everyone loses their minds. bewbs falling out left and right on the battlefield and no one bats an eye. it's like DAI doesn't have actual points for concern. some of you guys are total idiots.
It's not like BioWare don't get a ton of shit from their ridiculous female characters as well. That guy is just another piece of proof that they have no sense of style when it comes to visual design.

Knut

Educated
It's not like BioWare don't get a ton of shit from their ridiculous female characters as well. That guy is just another piece of proof that they have no sense of style when it comes to visual design.

they do. but mostly that is "they are not hot enough! ugly females SJW biowhores!!!" argument.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The dialogues shown during the recent stream looked ridiculously bad... Bioware writers must lead interesting lives to come up with this kind of shit.

Caption: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee".
Nope. Actual caption is: "obey me, arrow in my head". I'm not even kidding, there's some QUALITY En-RU translation going on in every official video. Iron Bull's description, in the same video was this, among other things: "главный наступательный стержень", which can be roughly re-translated as "main offensive rod".

I almost hope that they are using same people to translate the whole game, because it would be only appropriate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom