Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Psquit

Arcane
Lets not forget the brotherhood of steel lore rape...

eremita

Savant
How long do we give it till people that criticise DAI are accused of homophobia, transphobia or misogyny? I seem to remember that tactic being used a lot when DA2 was getting criticised.
Fuck off, there are like 4 negative reviews out there and dozens of positive ones - it's natural to question the negative ones, especially if it's something like 59%... From what I could gather, the game suffers from too much grind and fed-ex quests in first few hours, its main plot is unoriginal and there's too much shit going on, thus lacking focus (quality) in a particular department... Everything else said about this game in every single review I read (positive or negative) is vague, because those faggots out there fail to give good arguments or dive deep when analyzing (even the german one). It's either praising or bitching, but without capability to back this up (I love how they praise the C&C, yet they never tried the different path to see if it's actually making difference...).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How long do we give it till people that criticise DAI are accused of homophobia, transphobia or misogyny? I seem to remember that tactic being used a lot when DA2 was getting criticised.
Fuck off, there are like 4 negative reviews out there and dozens of positive ones - it's natural to question the negative ones, especially if it's something like 59%... From what I could gather, the game suffers from too much grind and fed-ex quests in first few hours, its main plot is unoriginal and there's too much shit going on, thus lacking focus (quality) in a particular department... Everything else said about this game in every single review I read (positive or negative) is vague, because those faggots out there fail to give good arguments or dive deep when analyzing (even the german one). It's either praising or bitching, but without capability to back this up (I love how they praise the C&C, yet they never tried the different path to see if it's actually making difference...).

I'm referring less to specific reviews and more how Bioware/EA will do damage control.

eremita

Savant
lol i stopped taking them seriously when they gave fallout 3 87? 88? or something like that:M same score for Oblivion. than couple years later they started bashing any AAA titles just for the sake of publicity.

They have better consistency than most other sites. Also Fallout 3 was a good game, just not a good Fallout game.
Fallout 3 is one of the worst game I have ever played and I'm not trying to be edgy here. Skyrim is a fucking masterpiece compare to that abomination.

imweasel

THE COMBAT FUCKING SUCKS. TACTICAL MODE FUCKING SUCKS. DRAGON AGE 2 IS A MUCH BETTER GAME. THIS GAME IS NOT ENJOYABLE AT ALL.

^
Those are my first impressions playing the new Faggot Age with mouse + keyboard.

imweasel

Okay, I figured out tactical cam and rebound the keys. Why in the fuck is A and D used to rotate the damn camera? Doesn't make any damn sense.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And to think I was looking forward to this game, wait no I didnt, fuck this shit and fuck everyone who bought this.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Twitter already started complaining - horrible pathfinding, archers trying to shoot through stone(and failing), glitches during interface-to-dialogue transitions etc.
Looks like Assassin's Creed: Unity have a potential competitor.

Whiran

Magister
Twitter already started complaining - horrible pathfinding, archers trying to shoot through stone(and failing), glitches during interface-to-dialogue transitions etc.
I thought the game wasn't being released until midnight Eastern (12 hours from when this was posted)?

Are there that many pre-release copies floating around?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I suppose it was about console pre-release because they mentioned sticks, that will stop reacting if you press some buttons when game changes from tactical interface to dialogue interface.

I thought the game wasn't being released until midnight Eastern (12 hours from when this was posted)?

How are people playing it now? I thought release date wasn't until the 18th, and the bays couldn't crack it?

1 day ago

Dragon Age Inquisition PS3-DUPLEX
Dragon Age Inquisition JTAG
Dragon Age Inquisition XBOX360-COMPLEX

imweasel

Tactical camera in a dungeon (no, you can't zoom out farther than that):
VzR0aow.jpg

:lol:

imweasel

You can unlock the PC version with a VPN.

Xbox360/ps3 versions are on warez sites since friday? PC version is playable today thanks to VPN( use South Korean). And no its nothing like AC:Unity. Also there is 1gb patch on launch.

So far the worst bug i encountered was during cutscene with casandra when camera was stuck in nearby dummy pointing at her vagina. nothing new in Bioware games :M
meffect2-20100130-145938.jpg

also fuck forced 30fps in cutscenes:argh: and low ceiling in dungeons :argh:

Last edited:
Awesome and useful info
Thanks! <3

I admit, I didn't read through the entire thread.
No problemo. Bioware also have distributed quite a bit of PC press copies among journos and youtube personalities it seems. They haven't leaked it though, at least not to my knowledge. Also only PC version has this Denuvo DRM, which takes at least some resources from your PC for encryption-decryption, and supposedly can damage your SSD, though I find later part somewhat questionable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom