Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Division by Ubisoft

Black

Arcane
CdAoxuMW0AANrSo.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
I do wonder what would've happened to WoW if aggregate scores, twatter and Steam reviews were a thing back then already.

"Wtf, 5 CDs and then I had to download several GBs of patches?! Barely got there on launch day"
"So I logged in and all the mobs are dead and queued by 50 people each"
"Omfg 15K ping"
"Servers keep crashing and restarting"
"Wow that rubberbanding"
"I died standing in a fire, fuck this game"
"I rolled a night elf and my friend is a dwarf, and our starting zones are 5 hours of running apart. gg"

Jrpgfan

Erudite
What a bunch of retards. You can just walk in and talk to the guy from behind.

It was glitching for me, wouldn't let me complete the mission. I assume those people had the same issue.

Relogging solved the problem for me.

ortucis

Prophet
I canceled my order (ordered on 8th, day of the release) because the idiots started talking about 3 expansions/dlc's they have planned already. Pretty much means they cut the content.

So I will wait for some Collector Edition or shit like that. Unless of course, the game sucks completely.

I play these MMO's like SP games. Playing Star Wars: The Old Republic right now (boring) the same way. So my interest is in the storyline and the game lore more than stupid raids or Dark Zone bullshit they have going on. Another thing I learned yesterday, the game is capped to 30 levels. I am pretty sure you'll reach that level just doing SP storyline. Why the fuck would I keep playing after that?

Only MMO I enjoyed for LOTR Online, but even that got boring cause the storyline just getting worse (I was enjoying exploring LOTR universe only).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Edit: Basically 4 console players versus one PC player.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron

This is so frustrating to watch.

I like the pop a mole stuff just fine. I think the AI does a decent enough job of trying to flank you / flush you out with grenades that it doesn't suffer like Mass Effect's third person shooter combat. The spaces are usually open enough that you can circle around, climb onto a few different hard points, etc. I'm totally ignoring the multiplayer and see no reason for this to exist as an MMO. The Dark Zone stuff is not very compelling and seems to just be a lot of people running in circles hoping that the enemies/chests have respawned and then shooting at each other for crappy items/xp/MMO Currency. That first bit is pretty much all the worst of Destiny and the second bit. The run at each other / circle strafe til you're dead or camp / ambush thing are just your standard MP shooter pvp fare. I have enjoyed the world building, even if the PA thing is getting a little worn out this day and age Massive seems more interested in how society breaks down on a community level v the boring doomsday prepper thing most indie survival sim games / The Walking Dead fans show up for. Even being an MMO the world isn't totally static, it's kind of nice to run around areas you've completed missions in to see the JTF dudes patrolling around.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, the game has potential.

You can actually lose all your DZ loot if you are killed in the DZ. Just think about this, a shitty AAA developer like ubisoft implements lootable PVP in their popamole cover-shooter. It's like their are actually trying.

Also the server code is solid. I'm playing with an Australian guy and there is no lag. Also meet a Japanese guy ... which is actually a first for me !? I don't care. Is true that the launch was fucked up and there are glitches, but the network code seems to be very solid.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Yeah, I had some fun in the Dark Zone with a few friends last night. The PvE side is really repetitive though, and I've only got to level 11 so far..

Whiran

Magister
This game is probably not for the antisocial.
It's more challenging with a crappy starting weapon - which you probably had.

Later on it gets better if you have a level appropriate blue weapon. Or even a level appropriate green weapon.

Personally, I liked their progression plan for the first year and the "free updates" that they will be releasing - basically the content that they didn't manage to finish.

I don't know why having a plan on where to go with a game in the first year means that there is "cut content." The first year plan gives insight as to where they are thinking of going with the game after release. I imagine they will watch to see what players do and what they like then refocus on those areas for their second year. However, having a plan for the near future is not quite the same as having a Day 1 Paid DLC that includes "extra" or "bonus" content.

For me, the game is enjoyable. My friends have it and we've been spending probably far too many hours (already!) playing.

GrainWetski

Arcane

Guy on the video is on console, you can see PS4 button prompts during the start.

Sorry. I'm retarded ... on the same level as the gamers playing FPS on consoles.
Where's the guy on the level of a PC player in the video, then? With a mouse, you tend to aim for something other than feet, crotch and random.

typical user

Arbiter
Ubisoft Massive did decent job of showing what content awaits for those buying Season Pass. You know what you get, you can estimate if that stuff is worth paying more cash up front.

DeepOcean

Arcane
From what I saw, this has even more dumb down Gears of War combat with repetitive samey bullet sponge enemies and the maps have the follow the corridor syndrome and they are such unremarkable places. Ubisoft thank you for you for giving them your money for their newest low effort cash grab, hope you pay again for their next low effort cash grab next year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From what I saw, this has even more dumb down Gears of War combat with repetitive samey bullet sponge enemies and the maps have the follow the corridor syndrome and they are such unremarkable places. Ubisoft thank you for you for giving them your money for their newest low effort cash grab, hope you pay again for their next low effort cash grab next year.

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-sets-new-sales-records/

THE DIVISION BREAKS UBISOFT RECORDS

The Division is breaking records. Ubisoft announced today that its third-person action-RPG has sold more copies in its first 24 hours than any game in Ubisoft’s history. Total digital full game sales of The Division also set new, single-day company records across PC, Xbox One, PS4.

“The launch of The Division is a tremendous achievement for Ubisoft, and demonstrates our unrivaled capacity to create fantastic new game brands and transform them into entertainment blockbusters,” said Yves Guillemot, co-founder and CEO, Ubisoft. “This is a momentous day for Ubisoft, but more importantly it marks the start of millions of players’ enduring engagement in The Division’s game world, which we are confident they will love.”

With the initial success of The Division, Ubisoft now has three of the top four most successful new game brand launches in the history of the gaming industry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom