Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Division by Ubisoft

Dexter

Arcane
From all the stuff shown at this E3 this also looked somewhat promising aside from the voices, although it could go either way and needs some more info:

UbiSoft is running some weird sort of PR campaign for this where PC gamers are apparently supposed to "show there is interest" for it, possibly inspired by Dark Souls: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubiso...vision-petition-almost-hits-its-initial-goal/
During Machinima’s interview the developers of The Division said that a PC version will be made if there is a demand for it. The devs said that PC gamers should go ahead and ‘sign petitions, get on the forums and post their requests‘.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
There's a difference between players voluntarily begging a company to make a PC version of Dark Souls because the game's awesome, and Jewbisoft soliciting for people to beg for a game nine years before the fucking thing's even released.

Holy shit am I grumpy today, fuck me. :lol:

garren

Arcane
Patron
The NPCs sound like they're on a sunday picnic.

Hard to really say from that video how the final game will be, that thing was heavily scripted.

Data4

Arcane
Weird. I thought the voices were actual in-game voices, and that the game itself is taking a meta piss-take on the whole MMOShooter thing.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That's because the voices were semi-professionally produced and didn't sound like lispy dorks/fratbros/12-year-olds screaming incoherently into cheap and staticy headsets.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ahhh and here I thought it would actually depict the casual attitute of guys like that after doing this shit for so long.

This could have actually been interesting, if it weren't for the whole Borderlands angle.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Tom Clancy's The Division should be released for PC for many reasons but the most important one is that the release of this amazing game will only be for consoles. This leaves out the PC community. This leaves out those of us who like playing games on our PC's more than console. This leaves out those of us who can only play on PC for whatever reason or are best on PC, whatever the case maybe. In the end the issue is that Tom Clancy's The Division is not being released for PC and that is completely unfair to an entire community who would otherwise miss a beautiful experience.

[petition link]

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
the most ridiculous petition ever?
"sign petition to make this game available on PC: the most prominent gaming platform at the time the game will launch"

Angthoron

Arcane
I am not sure, but isn't this an MMO of some sort? I watched the video, purdy graffx and everything, could've been the first Tom Clancy paranoidfest I'd have played since RS6-RS, but the concept of a console-centric MMO makes me wonder what the hell they were thinking there.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Oh shit it's another generic 3rd person cover shooter (and what's worse - MMO too) but it ain't coming to PC?!

DRAMA! PETITION!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I am not sure, but isn't this an MMO of some sort? I watched the video, purdy graffx and everything, could've been the first Tom Clancy paranoidfest I'd have played since RS6-RS, but the concept of a console-centric MMO makes me wonder what the hell they were thinking there.

Just minutes before its Monday press conference came to a close, the Montreuil, France-based video game publisher unveiled a brand-new, massive multiplayer online (MMO) shooter called "The Division."

Taking place in a dystopian near-future version of New York City that's been struck by a pandemic unleashed by terrorists (naturally), "The Division" features team-based cooperative and competitive gameplay. Ubisoft showed a few minutes of the game in action, which put players in the role of what looked more like survivalists than actual soldiers as they raided a police station in Brooklyn for supplies before being confronted by another group of players.

[link]

Pure PR bullshit. That petition is 100% fake, port is probably being already done and Ubisoft is just trying to look cool.

Bingo. The developers have initiated and signed the petition.

Machocruz

Arcane
Putting Tom Clancy 's on the box really doesn't mean shit anymore. But teh grafix r so realz.!

Game industry: please crash. And take all the bros, dudes, and "hardcore" gamers with you.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
G5CHMKz.jpg

Misogynerds will have a field day with this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom