Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial The Digital Antiquarian on Quest for Glory 1 and 2

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Great site still I hope I never ran out of material to read from that site. Battery at 56%.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, I just learned that you can actually travel to Rasier yourself, before the story takes you there. However, you're not allowed to enter: http://lparchive.org/Quest-for-Glory-1-5/Update 35/

35-ch1329.png

36-ch1330.png

37-ch1331.png

38-ch1332.png

Apparently you can also return from Rasier to Shapier in the endgame, but the game doesn't expect you to do this and glitches out (the caravan sequence plays again): http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12869

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Text parser games and 80s tv american series made me learn English.

police-quest-in-pursuit-of-the-death-angel-ss3.gif

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Love these, one of the best-written sites on the web.

In bizarro world.

Too bad he doesn't know the slightest thing about games, that probably would have helped.

I see your point. His opinion on individual games notwithstanding however, his research on the people who made the games, the companies, and how they made them is quite interesting.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
QFG1 was a fucking great game for a 12 year old. I had an old Tandy 1000 HX in my basement and that game -- along with Bard's Tale -- was my first foray into RPGs. But no art on a computer game before or since has been as cozy and neat as that 16 color EGA coolness.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
What's not so great about the Digital Antiquarian is how he's letting his political agenda infuse his writing. Early on it was a factual history with a neutral narrator, but since he's developed a following he's had the courage to put more of himself into the blog, with the result that anyone who is female, has mental problems, or is somehow 'different' gets an uncritical pass and he seems to be trying to spot examples of discrimination or misogyny where they don't exist. Infocom's Plundered Hearts and his issues with the female protagonist of the Starglider novella spring immediately to mind. With that in mind, his later articles should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I can't read the Digital Antiquarian. Even though the subject matter is interesting, she just rubs me the wrong way.

newtmonkey

Arcane
I enjoy his articles, but lately I have noticed some kind of agenda creeping in. On the other hand, I respect the fact that he refers to trans people by the gender they were, when they were making history with their games (even so, check the comments to see some hysterical people that disagree, and demand that he writes shit like "Daniel Bunten did blah blah blah, then SHE did blah blah blah." Come on dude, at that time Daniel Bunten was a fucking man, man. Referring to him as a "he" when it is 100% historically accurate is FINE
Also, any grown man who calls himself "Jimmy" is weird as far as I am concerned. It's a a fucking kid's name or at the very least, a nickname you use in high school/college. Once you are an adult, own your fucking name and call yourself Jim ffs.

tormund

Arcane
What's not so great about the Digital Antiquarian is how he's letting his political agenda infuse his writing. Early on it was a factual history with a neutral narrator, but since he's developed a following he's had the courage to put more of himself into the blog, with the result that anyone who is female, has mental problems, or is somehow 'different' gets an uncritical pass and he seems to be trying to spot examples of discrimination or misogyny where they don't exist. Infocom's Plundered Hearts and his issues with the female protagonist of the Starglider novella spring immediately to mind. With that in mind, his later articles should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I can't read the Digital Antiquarian. Even though the subject matter is interesting, she just rubs me the wrong way.
Yeah, I discovered both Digital Antiquarian and CRPG Addict through this forum, and while the subject matter is interesting, the way in which they keep forcing their politics into their articles is extremely off-putting. If there is even a slightest occasion for the writer to display his "leftist virtues" in his article, he'll do so with glee...

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I discovered both Digital Antiquarian and CRPG Addict through this forum, and while the subject matter is interesting, the way in which they keep forcing their politics into their articles is extremely off-putting. If there is even a slightest occasion for the writer to display his "leftist virtues" in his article, he'll do so with glee...

I've not found that to be a problem with CRPG Addict. He may be a letfist, but he's not some SJW constantly shoving his political agenda down your throat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom