Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware The Devil's Men, Daedalic adventure game set in a steampunk Victorian England - officially dead

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will this be an episodic game? I tend not to buy them until all episodes are released.

Boleskine

Arcane
Love or hate Daedalic, one thing most can't deny is their games look gorgeous.

Now just imagine how much better the animation would be if they paid their animators.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
All of Daedalic's in-house games were massively delayed this year, and the one that did get released was Blackguards 2. Maybe one of our Gamescom reporters can ask them about it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Missed this during Gamescom:

As well as re-announcing Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth, Daedalic have taken to Gamescom to confirm that they'll be releasing their PC and Mac adventure The Devil's Men on Xbox One.

The Devil's Men is a point and click adventure starring 20-year-old Adelaide Spektor, the estranged daughter of detective Karol Spektor. She lives in a small seaside town that has recently seen a spate of murders that all trace back to one place - the exhibition grounds. After being a witness at the murder of one of her father's friends, she sets out to find Karol and get to the bottom of things.

There's no word on when The Devil's Men will make the jump to Xbox One, but it's on the way and we'll look to get more information for you just as soon as we can.

http://www.purexbox.com/news/2015/08/gamescom_2015_the_devils_men_confirmed_for_xbox_one

Still no release date. Don't see this coming out anytime soon.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sorry to break all your expectation.

Sadly this is the most interesting adventure game they have announced game in the last few years.

Silence: whispered world looks pretty meh, state of mine looks like dreamfall chapters flop, pillars of eart we knoe nithing aside from 2d cinematic trailer.

I swear if daedalic declined i would kick someone's balls

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would prefer it being canned, because the certainty of decline beats the limbo of fruitless expectation.

Seriously, after Memoria I was so hyped for this game...

paintinggrey

Scholar
well we can only hope that if it is canned, its because the guy writing a memoria sequel (I think its the same guy). Not likely but we cant always dream.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
Dammit, Daedalic, I just want you to release this one ambitious adventure game project of yours as well as proper closure for Sadja's story in a sequel to Memoria before you completely devolve into a Telltale shitfest factory. Is that really too much to ask?
:negative:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dammit, Daedalic, I just want you to release this one ambitious adventure game project of yours as well as proper closure for Sadja's story in a sequel to Memoria before you completely devolve into a Telltale shitfest factory. Is that really too much to ask?
:negative:
But... Memoria had proper closure?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The end of memoria was great. It has closure, but still leave some open to a new adventure (depend on which ending you pick and obviously not the retarded one)

but daedalic is now a nu telltale wannabe now. All hope might be lost forever

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
But... Memoria had proper closure?
Chains of Satinav had a bittersweet ending that served as nice closure. Memoria opened that up and gave Geron and Nuri a happy ending. Their story is as done as can be, and they ought to henceforth be left alone. But while Sadja's and the Staff's Memoria plot also got a fine ending, throwing someone more than four hundred years into the future is excellent set-up for a sequel, not closure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom