Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread: Director's Cut™

Glyphwright

You really don't have to shoot at any of them anymore
Awesome, I hate resorting to direct assault in stealth games.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

Actually, that's kinda fail. The whole idea is great, I agree, but it sounds nothing like synth music from 80s. I mean, it tries to, but it's too obvious that it's made on a modern, non-analogue rig. Especially when it comes to the main theme and beats. But then, it's not like anyone listens that old shit anymore so who cares?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Haven't played DXHR since the original release, don't even have any DLCs....that in mind, was the goddamn mouse fixed, as in I don't feel like I'm trying to move my reticle in a mixture of slurry and syrup? I've replayed DX and IW, I kinda want to revisit this and do a run, but goddamn that mouse.

I'm pretty sensitive to shitty mouse support but I didn't have a problem with DXHR.

DraQ

Arcane
Haven't played DXHR since the original release, don't even have any DLCs....that in mind, was the goddamn mouse fixed, as in I don't feel like I'm trying to move my reticle in a mixture of slurry and syrup? I've replayed DX and IW, I kinda want to revisit this and do a run, but goddamn that mouse.

I'm pretty sensitive to shitty mouse support but I didn't have a problem with DXHR.
:bro:

Then again, I did manage to play through Dead Space 1 despite it having shitty mouse support.

J1M

Arcane

Actually, that's kinda fail. The whole idea is great, I agree, but it sounds nothing like synth music from 80s. I mean, it tries to, but it's too obvious that it's made on a modern, non-analogue rig. Especially when it comes to the main theme and beats. But then, it's not like anyone listens that old shit anymore so who cares?

This is better.

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNfsvtK96lc&list=PL86F099D2F535A48E&index=8

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
After finishing my playthrough of The Fall I had the urge for more Deus Ex, so I reinstalled the Director's Cut to get a little further in it and give it a second shot.

Holy shit the entire FEMA base is just one large grey corridor now. Say whatever the fuck you want about the gold filter that was the designed look. When you take it away randomly the whole fucking game suddenly looks like Gears of War and loses all its personality. This is such a poor version of the game.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
After finishing my playthrough of The Fall I had the urge for more Deus Ex, so I reinstalled the Director's Cut to get a little further in it and give it a second shot.

Holy shit the entire FEMA base is just one large grey corridor now. Say whatever the fuck you want about the gold filter that was the designed look. When you take it away randomly the whole fucking game suddenly looks like Gears of War and loses all its personality. This is such a poor version of the game.

Did you notice all the broken textures too?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Those aren't broken, they've been cut. Which is the entire point of a Director's Cut. If you want an uncut game, buy the standard edition.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

The two broken floor textures are most obvious. Those flaws are massively outweighed by how weird the whole game looks with the lighting taken away though.

And I disagree. They are all equally obvious and the whole cut is a shit hack job.

Who gives a fuck about some stupid yellow filter missing when there are textures in the game that look like they are from fucking 1996?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nice comparison shot on those forums btw:

xgsSiiH.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think a lot of the problem there is bad lighting changes.

In any case I can't be too pissed since I still have the original version. It sucks that they don't sell the original on Steam anymore though, that's some ridiculous bullshit right there.

imweasel

What? They still haven't fixed the fucked up textures in the directors' cut? :lol:

Gord

Arcane
I'm amazed that fixing some broken textures takes them so fucking long.
But maybe they have just abandoned the game.

Whatever, I've decided not to get the DC for now, anyway. Somehow the fixed bossfights didn't seem a good enough reason for another playthrough right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom