Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That 'second license board' thing can be done with a cheat! In fact you can change to any board with that cheat active and it all works! (if you want to limit yourself to two, you can ofc - changing boards is actually not a 'immediate' path to ultra mega power, even if it gives major shortcuts to the 'good stuff' if you switch to progress quicker on board A for something in board B).

What this says to me is that Sony figured out that people liked playing with the cheat and rolled back on their 'balance' and 'npc distinctness' decision.

Man, at least games like Persona 4 Vita and Persona 3 PSP actually had new content instead of a port.

Did they at least fix the gambits to make some things possible that weren't? I spent ages trying to make a gambit that could use the ability to convert enemies to items but it was kind of impossible automatically.

And tell me they kept the fast forward button (internal frameskip i think) that exists in the international version. That's what actually made this crappy game tolerable over the original.

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
Assassin's Creed: Origins is said to be cracked.

Ubisoft won't care as it didn't happen a day after launch. These days copy protection is there to protect the first few weeks around launch (critical sales period). Some companies are even removing the copy protection a few months after release these days.

Modron

Arcane
Says 42 gb on steam, you want to see a large install look at final fantasy 15. 150 gig if you opt for the 4k textures.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In other DRM related news:

Windows 10 UWP protection may have been cracked, Zoo Tycoon Ultimate AC had five layers of DRM

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/wi...ycoon-ultimate-ac-had-five-layers-of-drm.html

A crack group released Microsoft Store game Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection, a title from the Microsoft's store. They mention that there were five layers of security from the Universal Windows Platform.

DSO Gaming reports Codex has distributed the game online with the note that Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection was fitted with MSStore, UWP, EAppX, XBLive and Arxan security. Torrentfreak mentions a quote from cracker Voksi, who claims that the Arxan-drm is comparable to Denuvo and uses virtual machines. EAppX is the name for app encrypted appx packages.

These five layers of DRM were: MSStore, UWP, EAppX, XBLive and Arxan. Whether these layers were used in other UWP games and whether they had any performance impact on them remains a mystery. Right now, pretty much all forms of DRM have been cracked. Microsoft’s UWP was the only one that remained uncrackable but that’s not the case anymore.

index.php

It will be interesting to see whether Microsoft will update its UWP protection in order to make it difficult for the hackers/crackers to crack the future games. This is something that Denuvo is currently doing by introducing new versions of its anti-tamper tech as soon as its latest version gets cracked.

index.php

The Codex strikes again.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Someone who isn't me installed it and it worked flawlessly.

Someone who isn't me does indeed hope this will see games like Forza on the pirate seas.

I like FF12 and I've played the basic ps2 game on release plus the International Zodiac Edition some years ago, and I would have bought this if it had been released at a reasonable price, but Squeenix is fucking batshit insane, it costs more than Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I bought that instead.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
FF XV has Denuvo, but playable game was released already few days before real release. So far they are testing if it works for whole game, they are still playing.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They technically didn't crack Denuvo, thus I wonder if it would count as new record.

kalganoat

Savant
We will find out once and for all if denuvo impacts performance. The first comparable game since It's the exact same as Steam release version.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It is not Denuvo cracking.

The .exe is unprotected .exe from the recently released Demo. Somehow the .exe allows people to play past the Demo limit, probably programming oversight. Because the .exe is not protected by Denuvo, it should be able to be used to play the full game (which pre-load are up).

Bethesda avoided this kind of problem by having Denuvo in the demo during the Doom remake demo.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
But we would still get a chance to compare performance without Denuvo. When someone records benchmark from his "cracked" version, and his bought version, he would get exact data because it would be roughly the same exe version, and he will not compare crack and Denuvo, but he'd compare completely stripped exe and Denuvo. Which is the only valid comparison.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is it even confirmed FF15 uses Denuvo ? With two executables already out and lots of data files already available, SE would be pretty dumb to spend money on Denuvo protecting this game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it even confirmed FF15 uses Denuvo ? With two executables already out and lots of data files already available, SE would be pretty dumb to spend money on Denuvo protecting this game.
It's confirmed on Steam page. SE were not smartests, of course they paid for that before release, and now they will not get money back.

Actually, they shouldn't bother, there were a lot of people who were wanting to pay for seeing butts of 4 fashioned males pushing the car during awesome musics. Emulation gave SE nice renomé, but well, SE take it as a given, and acts as when it got the name from consoles.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Yeah because the .exe is actually unprotected and thus actually free from Denuvo (which although cracked, remain in the system as the crack for previous Denuvo games are basically bypass instead of removal) we can truly compare and see whether Denuvo affect performance.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
For me game is cracked if you can download it from some torrent site and play it. The rest are semantics.

It's not only semantics in this case : people are reporting that any of the "extra" content of the Windows version (additional chapters, DLC) is not working because well, the demo Exe can't load these.

Base game (original PS4 release) is still working alright apparently, besides a few crashes here and there.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
For me game is cracked if you can download it from some torrent site and play it. The rest are semantics.

It still is not a crack you retard. Are GOG version of a Steam games that you found in a torrent site a crack?

It is not a crack because there is no DRM to begin with in the .exe.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Actually GOG games are sometimes cracked versions, I hear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom