Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Are they sure that being a shitty game didn't protect it from piracy?

jolene

Literate
What's the point of Denuvo anyway? The people who wants to pay full price to get the game early, will always pay for it at full price. The rest of the world will wait until it's 80% off or cracked. They're just spending additional money for protection that literally does 0 for them.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, the post they are quoting said they acquired DRM to reduce cheaters in game.

And as for why developers wants some DRM for first 14 days when game is fresh out, it's because hasty people can't wait 14 days, and spend jew money. It's simple psychology. Decent developers are removing heavy DRM and replacing it by something easily crackable, greedy developers don't do that even 2 years later.

For early access games heavy DRM is irrelevant. These who didn't spend money even after release, will not spend money even 2 years later. These who have money but want to wait for 80 percent sale, will no matter what DRM would be used. And these who are paranoid will refuse to pay for any game that don't have a crack.

In reality game development companies do some economic calculations and they do include 93 percent piracy, or what they obtained from theirs loyal paying fans in last game. Japanese companies are retarded, they see a way hot to reap money with unbreakable DRM on that "market", and they let theirs greed flow.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
It's like they think that the DRM they are paying $$$$ for will actually do something. In reality, that money is going to prevent a very niche target: People who would pirate a video game but only if they can do so within the first weeks/month of the game being released, and if they can't do that, would then pay for it. This sounds like an extremely small subset of people to pay for DRM. What kind of jackass pays for a game if he can't pirate it within a week, but will pirate it otherwise?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Depending on the game, there people that will do that. My friends been fan of Dragon Age game so when DA:I inquisition was released and couldn't be cracked, they bought it.

Recently some of my friends also bought the new AC game set in Egypt.

Mustawd

Hopefully, one of these days DRN for AAA games will be strong enough to hold for a few months before being cracked.

The less ppl play these AAA titles the better IMO. I'm pulling for DRM here. Don't let me down guys.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Are they sure that being a shitty game didn't protect it from piracy?
This is shitposting but some people unironically believe that these games aren't cracked due to a lack of interest, they aren't cracked because it's simply too difficult for scene groups at the moment, one door opens and another closes, to get to the other door groups need often a few months to crack the newest and best versions, the Denuvo in AC:O is also layered with VMProtect and scene groups only really have one payoff and that's fame and you get more fame if you do it early and fast. I doubt there's a lack of interest in AC:O too because it's pretty well received with casuals and apparently sold good.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Oh and Sanic Forces cracked.
vitoda.png

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
>performance not increased
>loading times decreased
sure gets the old hamster wheel turning in the room upstairs

Astral Rag

Arcane
tldr: Ghost Warrior 3 has always been a GPU-bound title. As such, the removal of Denuvo (an anti-tamper tech that could theoretically affect the CPU instead of the GPU) should not introduce any performance improvements. And that’s exactly what we are experiencing here.

Modron

Arcane
I wonder if it no longer melts cpus since they've managed to circumvent the two layers of drm denuvo and whatever the other one was called.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why do people want to play the 'new' FFXII when the ps2 international version has a translation and is 99% equal?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
fantadomat

what torrent site is that? also, while i'm asking:

- what piracy methodology do you most recommend? i recently discovered mainstream streaming sites like gomovies (previously i had been torrenting every single t.v. series)

- i still torrent the film stuff i want in high-quality, but for stuff i don't care much about (its visual quality) websites like gomovies have become my first stop

i'm wondering if there are any breakthrough new torrenting websites, or perhaps even torrenting clients or even completely new tech that i don't know about.

for reference i'm currently using rarbg, bt-scene and l337 to torrent my mainstream stuff, i.e. 90% of all games and t.v. and movies i download.

for music i actually only use youtube-ripping website, since the music i listen to is so indie, so obscure, so kvlt most of it isn't even on soulseek only on youtube; a very ironic development indeed that youtube how become the place to find the obscure music, being the most mainstream possible sharing website imaginable!

Why do people want to play the 'new' FFXII when the ps2 international version has a translation and is 99% equal?
In the new version characters can choose a second license board. Plus, a properly scaled HUD doesn't hurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom