Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I live in bosnia fukin herzegovina and dont have data caps, u living in somalia ?
Mate we in the Balkans have a lot better net than most westerners.They have a lot of stupid laws and can't just wire the shit like us.We are a decade ahead in that aspect.
Yes, same here in Hungary. There are some shitty net on the more rural areas, but when it comes to cities or even villages, we have rock solid, cheap and fast internet. I always pity our American bros for having that godawful connection.
Hey I just got 100 Mbps download speeds. That's fast right? ...right?
Hahahahaha if i put the fiber yeah,and i could get the optic a lot cheaper than you and a lot faster.I am on a router with 4 other computers and have around 10MB download speed,also i pay like 7 euro for that luxury.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Hahahahaha if i put the fiber yeah,and i could get the optic a lot cheaper than you and a lot faster.I am on a router with 4 other computers and have around 10MB download speed,also i pay like 7 euro for that luxury.
My 100Mbps internet is $45/month. And that's really fucking cheap

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well for us 120 Mbps plus phone plus 2 TV set top boxes with a 100 channels is 25 bucks. There are times when it is good to live in a post-communist shithole :D

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For 45$ i could have top of the line fiber optic net for 3 computers.Good internet here is like 8$.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well for us 120 Mbps plus phone plus 2 TV set top boxes with a 100 channels is 25 bucks. There are times when it is good to live in a post-communist shithole :D
Now looking at the west i can't understand why our fathers fought against the communism,except all the work camps and shit:D.Especially since the west became the communists and eastern Europa the sane guys.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
>Implying that people think AAA games are worth stealing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
>Implying that people think AAA games are worth stealing.
The last AAA game that i had some mild fun was CoD Space shooting and shit.I was super surprised that i liked it,the last CoD game that i played was CoDMF2.In what strange world we live in,where the bottom of the barrel is better than the rest...

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I am expecting AAA games to be fully online, pretty soon. Just like EA tried with Sim City.

They backpedalled with the Sims 4 pretty hard though.

Yearly franchises with a focus on multiplayer may become fully online though soon.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They are trying to figure out how to justify it.

The Elder Scrolls Online and Diablo 3 did a fine job for that. It is not going to happen suddenly, but when more majors players find a way to justify for purely single player experiences, you can expect the rest of AAA following quickly.

It will still be too difficult to put in place for indie games unless they outsource servers and maintenance though.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Matter of fact, I am pretty sure the goal of most major software makers is to turn our machines into dumb terminals.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Matter of fact, I am pretty sure the goal of most major software makers is to turn our machines into dumb terminals.

That's a general trend - renting and leasing instead of ownership (for example for music). Technical development made it possible (ongoing patching and expanding), sometimes even near mandatory (security updates, ...) but I think the general trend is problematic on a fundamental level because it shifts control to the companies in an undue amount.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
In history, several years ago a company released a game which was cracked withing a month. It killed all PC releases for the company. They released in 2009 for phones, which surpirsingly were not cracked. And now they decided to release new version of theirs game on PC, which Denuvo.

Day after release, it was cracked.

I wonder why they are making only one game and just refreshing it... It feels like ARMA which is practically only game that company could make.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron
He's probably talking about White Day, an unduly forgotten proto-Amnesia that came out in Korea in 2001. The game flopped, partly due to massive piracy.

A remake was released a few days ago and the devs were dumb enough to think that slapping Denuvo on top of their Steam DRM would cover their asses. It didn't.

A shame really, I played the original (you can find a fan-translated version on moddb) and loved it. It has a truly unique vibe to it and I was really looking forward to this remake. Unfortunately, they had to be dumbasses about their DRM, thus alienating lots of potential customers. That and having $40 worth of costume DLC (and that's the Chinese price I get, I'd be curious to know how much they sell for in other territories) on launch day.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
InfinitronThat and having $40 worth of costume DLC (and that's the Chinese price I get, I'd be curious to know how much they sell for in other territories) on launch day.
23.79 euro game, and 63.70€ costumes.
Is the new White Day any good though?
Too much jumpscares, and janitor is bugged.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom