Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Denuvo DRM Thread - now thoroughly cracked

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Infinitron, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    It has 6/10 reviews on Steam and it's generally shit. Why would you want it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Unkillable Cat Damnit Moon-Moon! Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    BECAUSE HE WANTS TO BE DRIVEN CLOSER SO THAT HE CAN HIT THEM WITH HIS SWORD

^ Top  
  3. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Dawn of War 3 has been cracked. Two groups joined forces. (Actually each group is a single person, but that's just a small detail.)

Now you can play one of the most disapointing games this year for free.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sizzle Arcane

Sizzle
    Parrots:
    ABZU has also been cracked a couple of days ago.

^ Top  
  5. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Looks like CPY was working on some of these games released by Baldman, or the other group, and they scraped the work, then they did a game that nobody worked on, aside of MKDEV.

Sometimes competition hurts players.

^ Top  
  6. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    Warhammer TW was just liberated. We still need to see if there would be need for crack v2, or not. Actually it was 12 hours ago, I just was bussy to check what people saying about possible crashes, and to see change in prices as a reaction by sellers. I'd need somewhere to look at price analysis of Shogun, Rome, and Attila. To see it's development by during two years after release to get proper comparison.

^ Top  
  7. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron

BlackAdderBG
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It was in Bundle Monthly so I doubt price drop will make it past the 12$ it costed.

^ Top  
  8. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    I'm not interested in paying for that. And that wasn't market price.

In fact no disabled should pay for PC games. But that's another problem.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    Parrots:
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/bioware-has-removed-denuvo-from-mass-effect-andromeda/

• Funny Funny x 4
    • incline incline x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:
    Bioware discovers DRM is not as effective a deterrent as making a game not even worth pirating.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. HoboForEternity Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    Lelel sports games.

It is as pointless as a ball

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. prodigydancer Magister In My Safe Space

prodigydancer
    Parrots:
    I think it's time for a (very short) postmortem.

It's been 1027 days since the end of the age of piracy was proclaimed (I would add "for the n-th time" but, honestly, I've lost count). Only four Denuvo-protected games remain uncracked, all of them fairly irrelevant. Some of the cracked games have additional online protections. For instance, Dawn of War 3 stores hero progression on the server but the game is beatable with level 1 heroes.

Like 3DM predicted, the main problem was the lack of 64-bit cracking toolset. Now that the tools exist, any new 64-bit protection won't be nearly as hard to break (which is what happened to newer versions of Denuvo itself). Some scene groups are still bitching about using bypasses instead of actual cracks but the truth is, completely removing an invasive DRM from an executable is a grueling task. In this regard, Denuvo isn't very different from Uplay.

It's been nearly three years, and for the pirates it's clear sailing ahead. As for the video game industry, I'm not so certain. My suggestion is simple: if you want more money stop making trash. Most of the recent AAA games weren't even worth pirating, which is probably why people didn't rush to buy them. No kind of DRM will allow you to deceive your customers for long.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. HoboForEternity Magister

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    i dunno how companies keep falling into the same scam that is DRM. it has been proven time and again that quality of a game will surpass any kind of DRM or other shit to gain more sales. sadly, we live in the AAA market where products are sold trough hype, marketing, sometimes lies and exaggeration and not actual quality of the product. i dunno who to blame, the companies or the enablers that keep still buying turd based on hype and fake trailers and paid previews and reviews.

^ Top  
  15. InD_ImaginE Savant

InD_ImaginE
    Parrots:
    Because in ideal world, at least theirs, sale WILL increase if there is a very strong DRM, which in some capacity Denuvo provided, at least for a short while.

In general there are several types of pirates:
    1. Poor schmuck who can't pay for games to begin with. DRM will not affect this. They might have a half decent laptop or PC to play, but when a game cost as much as 10 - 20% of the actual hardware these guys won't buy it. Living in Indonesia you should know.

2. People that want to try games before buying. There are actually a lot of this. Which somewhat reinforce your point that if the "demo", be it official or a cracked game, is good enough people will buy the game. DRM will not affect this, especially with refund policy being more commonplace today.

3. People who CAN afford games, but decided to pirate games and actually play it. DRM will affect this. E.g. I know myself and some of my friend partially belong to this group. We buy weebz/JRPGs stuff because we enjoy it and want more coming to PC. But the rest of the games we play, perhaps excluding some indies, are pirated. There are lots of people who think "Eh why buy it when it is free" even though they are more that capable economically to buy games. Best example is DA:I I and FIFA I guess. Some of my friends actually bought DA:I when it was uncrackable for 1 month because they played the 2 previous games. The same with FIFA, my group of friend just buy one copy so we could play couch match together.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. mbv123 Educated

mbv123
    Parrots:
    All those denuvo games cracked
    Too bad I don't care since they're all shit and not worth the bandwidth, HDD space and effort it would take to pirate them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Cyberarmy Arcane Patron

Cyberarmy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This is the real DRM nowadays. Especially if you live inside a cave like me and your provider limits your speed after 50 gbs of download...

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. hajro Savant

hajro
    Parrots:
    I live in bosnia fukin herzegovina and dont have data caps, u living in somalia ?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Cyberarmy Arcane Patron

Cyberarmy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Even worse, Turkey...
    In it's 3 rd biggest city, İzmir...
    And paying nearly fucking 17 € for it...

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    Parrots:
    There's also #4: People to whom you cannot even GIVE your spyware infested crap away to. Given the choice between an official, FREE GIVEAWAY Steam/Origin/whatever shitty always-online spyware platform they're shilling their shit on, and the PIRATED VERSION, I will choose the pirated version EVEN WHEN THEY ARE BOTH FREE. I have refused to accept Free Official Activated Windoze in favor of using only cracked Pirated Windoze. For people like us, the smell of your shitty DRM is so offensive that with it attached, you cannot even GIVE us your product.

• Edgy Edgy x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. adrix89 Learned

adrix89
    Parrots:
    Why are there so many of my country here?
    Jokes on you, nowadays store bought games just give you a download code.

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Black Arcane

Black
    Parrots:
    Probably some third world dystopia like USA.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. fantadomat Educated

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Mate we in the Balkans have a lot better net than most westerners.They have a lot of stupid laws and can't just wire the shit like us.We are a decade ahead in that aspect.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Educated

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    And i thought that usa was a outerworld country.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)