Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I prefer the more colourful old visuals to this dull, brown palette. Why this art direction change?

If you do a remaster you should improve what the orginal had, no making that kind of changes. Initially I considered getting this to make another walkthrough with a lot of online activity, and 60 FPS without glitches, and maybe couple of visual improvements; but this is a trainwreck.

Gerrard

Arcane
Just saying... It's not "just modded Dark Souls".

Indeed. It's post-memefaggotry-DS like DS3 where every idiot can run around with 2 friends to turn the game into a cakewalk so even a literal baby (Switch users) can finally beat it.
So you're one of those retards who think that using the most efficient build and tactics is ruining the game?

You're such a sad bunch of hypocrites.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

gbxfep09lwoy.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I prefer the more colourful old visuals to this dull, brown palette. Why this art direction change?
Because they ported it to the DS3 engine and didn't tweak the PP to at least try and make it look like DS1. Twats.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-...for-owners-of-the-original-pc-game-after-all/

Dark Souls: Remastered is half-price for owners of the original PC game after all

By Joe Donnelly 13 minutes ago

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will also be removed from Steam next month.

In January, despite some confusion, Bandai Namco assured us existing owners of the original Dark Souls would not receive money off its incoming Remastered edition. Now, the publisher has confirmed that they will.

Billed as a "loyalty discount", owners of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition can pick up Dark Souls: Remastered at half-price when it hits Steam on May 25, 2018.

Moreover, the Prepare to Die Edition—which costs £20/$20 at present and comes with the base game's DLC—will be removed from Valve's digital storefront entirely as of May 9. It will however remain playable for existing owners.

I hardly need an excuse to return to Lordran, but with the Switch variation delayed till later this year, 50 percent off the remake on PC appeals to me. I hear the console version looks good, but will, or even can, the remaster outdo the standard set by PC mods? That remains to be seen. Let us know your thoughts on the Remastered discount in the comments below.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Did they fixed in remaster the mouse/keyboard controls at least?

No need to wait for a limp remaster to fail to update what are possibly the worst mouse controls ever implemented in a PC port, just get the direct mouse injection fix included in the DSIC mod.

Seriously why would you throw your money away when the modded PC version already exists.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Did they fixed in remaster the mouse/keyboard controls at least?

No need to wait for a limp remaster to fail to update what are possibly the worst mouse controls ever implemented in a PC port, just get the direct mouse injection fix included in the DSIC mod.

Seriously why would you throw your money away when the modded PC version already exists.

Because:
- fanboyism
- stupidity
- for many 40 bucks are the new 40 cents

Ash

Arcane

Exact same thing people praise the Resident Evil remake for. Sucked all colour out of the game and gave it this illogical Gothic aesthetic. "Best remake evar!". To be fair, there's at least more general detail added in that game, whereas this just looks like straight decline.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
DSfix is broken

I'm not the one that praises a 20$ patch 8 years later, but since there are no other good games i won't complain either

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They should have made this a PS4 exclusive, and revamp it gloriously ala Shadow of the Collossus.

No reason to put in any real effort, from their point of view. The only ones who still care about the series are the fans. Miyazaki lost interest in it probably while DS1 was still in development and Bamco is a corporation, unsurprisingly they only care about the bottom line.

And seeing how the retarded DS community only managed to summon a cautious, barely perceptible disappointment instead what the SW or Destiny players did in reaction to lootboxes, going for "minimal effort - maximum price" was the right business decision from Bamco's point of view.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This. This is the problem, not Bamco.

So let me get this straight - yes the Remaster is a lazy, cynical, zero effort cash grab...but imma buy it anyway. Why? BECAUSE IT'S DARK SOULS.

Imagine you're a Bamco executive. With retards like this, would you commission anything else than a lazy, cheap cash grab? You would have to be a complete fool and complete fools don't become managers in major corporations.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
According to EDGE magazine #319, the PS4 Pro version runs at 3200 X 1800 with an almost flawless 60 FPS frame rate. While some textures have been left as is, others have been replaced while some have been removed. The game boasts improved filtering overall. Interestingly enough, it lacks support for high dynamic range (HDR) lighting.

RoSoDude

Arcane
This. This is the problem, not Bamco.

So let me get this straight - yes the Remaster is a lazy, cynical, zero effort cash grab...but imma buy it anyway. Why? BECAUSE IT'S DARK SOULS.

Imagine you're a Bamco executive. With retards like this, would you commission anything else than a lazy, cheap cash grab? You would have to be a complete fool and complete fools don't become managers in major corporations.

He's right about how cheap it looks, without even mentioning how they casually tossed aside elements that comprised the game's iconic look (such as the old bonfire effects), or the fact that the PC port STILL doesn't have acceptable mouse + keyboard controls, but yeeeesh. How can you just sit there and take it. Is a marginally more populated Dark Souls 1 PVP so enticing that you'd throw $20 down on a lazy cash grab just to play it again? Good lord.

As if it's any wonder why we're dogged by the ever-present force of :decline:. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds our hope for good games to halfwits with open wallets. Granted, we're still talking about an actually good game like Dark Souls, but there's no reason to tolerate a turd sandwich just because it was a tasty cheesteak before someone took a dump on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom