Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
In Japanese press release, they confirmed there is no game design and balance changes.
So that means no fixes for Lost Izilith? Shame but it figured since it sounds like From is not doing this but rather outside developers are, they madr it clear one studio was doing the Switch version and other studios were doing the rest...its sounding more and more like one of Beamdog’s remastering jobs
Oh well

GrainWetski

Arcane
playing Dark Souls on the move seems just so perfect for me

Why do people play real games on handhelds/phones/tablets? Seems like the absolute worst way to play any game ever made and you might as well play some generic mobile game because you'll have such a shitty experience anyway.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
playing Dark Souls on the move seems just so perfect for me

Why do people play real games on handhelds/phones/tablets? Seems like the absolute worst way to play any game ever made and you might as well play some generic mobile game because you'll have such a shitty experience anyway.
Well you see in the Real World where people work for a living we tend to spend a lot of time going to work and in those cases where you might be commuting on a train or bus we get a whole lot of time where we can play a handheld game because usually by the time we get home we will be tired from our workday or want to spend time with out partners, pets or family... hope this was educational

GrainWetski

Arcane
Well you see in the Real World where people work for a living we tend to spend a lot of time going to work and in those cases where you might be commuting on a train or bus we get a whole lot of time where we can play a handheld game because usually by the time we get home we will be tired from our workday or want to spend time with out partners, pets or family... hope this was educational
It's pretty hard to play games while driving a car. Something actual grown ups tend to do, as you'll find out when you hopefully become one.

Hope that was educational.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't understand the negativity about the remaster. PC players are going to get finally a good port where you can play at 60 FPS consistently without glitches, and better visuals. And I think is going to be a good remaster because QLOC is behind this. They have a great track of good PC ports (For example Dragon's Dogma one).

And console players also finally get a version with good performance. Maybe is not the most exciting thing, but is good news IMO.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

This is all true. But if there was nothing more to be sad about then you'd just happily ignore that greedy turd.

The really shitty thing about the remaster is that it'll forever destroy any hopes for a real overhaul with all the changes and improvements the community has been waiting for so long. We will NEVER see this awesome game bloom into its full potential.

So while retards and dumbfuck sheeple are celebrating this corporate cash grab for me it's a pretty shitty start of the new year.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

This is all true. But if there was nothing more to be sad about then you'd just happily ignore that greedy turd.

The really shitty thing about the remaster is that it'll forever destroy any hopes for a real overhaul with all the changes and improvements the community has been waiting for so long. We will NEVER see this awesome game bloom into its full potential.

So while retards and dumbfuck sheeple are celebrating this corporate cash grab for me it's a pretty shitty start of the new year.

Great point in the second paragraph,honestly.

A shame you sound like a menopausal drama queen in the last one.

Dustin542

Liturgist
It's pretty hard to play games while driving a car. Something actual grown ups tend to do, as you'll find out when you hopefully become one.

You do know some people take planes or trains to go to/do their jobs right?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

:betrayed:

http://www.pcgamer.com/bandai-namco-on-dark-souls-pc-remaster-there-is-no-discount/

Bandai Namco on Dark Souls PC remaster: 'There is no discount'

Despite what you might have heard online yesterday, it appears owners of the original Dark Souls will not be in-line for a 50 percent discount of Dark Souls: Remastered via Steam.

That's according to a spokesperson from publisher Bandai Namco who, when asked about the possibility of reduced rates for existing PC players, said: "I have been told it is the same price for all platforms. There is no discount."

Another theory doing the rounds yesterday suggested the Dark Souls remaster will employ Dark Souls 3's engine. Prominent Souls commentator VaatiVidya appeared to refute the idea with this tweet last night, whereas Bandai Namco informed me it "[couldn't] shed light on the other question" in reference to my own engine-related queries.

So, no gameplay and not even inventory tweaks. Next we will find out there aren't even any graphics improvements that go beyond what DSFix already offers. Then it might turn out that due to changes to engine I won't even be able to force AA with compatibility flags in Nvidia Inspector anymore.. At that point non buggy 60 FPS could be the only drawing factor for me and I'm not even sure they can be arsed to do that. I might just end up keeping my money and sticking with original at 30 FPS.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
60 fps with the DSFix is not that buggy. I've never noticed a single glitch or limitation. And anyway you can always switch between 30 and 60 fps with a single press of backspace.

P.S. - maybe one limitation, when you're going back to the Undead Asylum. I think in 30 fps you can just roll onto the arch from the ledge near the elevator while in 60 fps you have to jump.

Silva

Arcane
Wow, what a shitty, shitty announcement. So the only thing this will do is split the community because most people won't give two shits about the "brand new" 60 fps since DSFix can already do that and it's almost certain the multiplayer will run on different servers than the original.

If this is really as much as the cynical cash grab as it looks like then fuck FromSoft, seriously.
PC community, what's that? I'm on PS4, don't know what you're talking about. Lol

This is clearly a move with consoles in mind. Sure, sales on PC will be low (I think) due to DSfix and all that, but the console crowd has been starving for a Demons or Dark remaster for ages.

Dustin542

Liturgist
60 fps with the DSFix is not that buggy. I've never noticed a single glitch or limitation. And anyway you can always switch between 30 and 60 fps with a single press of backspace.

P.S. - maybe one limitation, when you're going back to the Undead Asylum. I think in 30 fps you can just roll onto the arch from the ledge near the elevator while in 60 fps you have to jump.
Some specific ladders in the undead burg have you slide down past the floor and out of the level when it's set to 60. Though that's the only place that happened to me. The ladder in the rat room below the dragon bridge IIRC.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Some specific ladders in the undead burg have you slide down past the floor and out of the level when it's set to 60. Though that's the only place that happened to me. The ladder in the rat room below the dragon bridge IIRC.

I've read there are some giltchy ladders but never knew which ones. Btw I don't think I've ever slided down on that one, always went up.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Haha you little shit so only “grown ups” drive a car and people who live suburbs and go to work in big cities in trains, buses or subways dont somehow count as grownups?

That shows you have not worked a day in your life you retarded little shit so dont try to play smartass since the grownups are talking here

:hmmm:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wow, what a shitty, shitty announcement. So the only thing this will do is split the community because most people won't give two shits about the "brand new" 60 fps since DSFix can already do that and it's almost certain the multiplayer will run on different servers than the original.

If this is really as much as the cynical cash grab as it looks like then fuck FromSoft, seriously.
PC community, what's that? I'm on PS4, don't know what you're talking about. Lol

This is clearly a move with consoles in mind. Sure, sales on PC will be low (I think) due to DSfix and all that, but the console crowd has been starving for a Demons or Dark remaster for ages.
Yeah this is sounding more and more like a direct cashgrab with the Console players in mind; implement fixes like ambient occlusion, 60 FPS, higher resolutions and textures...all available already with mods on PC
I had the hope of updated controls and menus but that is still unknown but probably a good chance we might luck out but the updated content we all dreamed off for Lost Izilith or Bed o Chaos? That is clearly not going to happen

At least the reports is that the studio that did the superb port of Dragons Dogma will be handling this so what we do get will be of good quality

Will get this for the Switch but with the pricing update seems I will stick to my current PC version... shame it could have been much more
Since I already have multiple copies of Dark Souls for the PS3 and PC I wont feel guilty at all from pirating this version to check out and the fact From is not involved in this makes it easier to stick it to Bandai

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom