Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper The Dark Lord Beholder (formerly Eye of the Beholder 4)

Viata

Arcane
He has no time to care, he is aiming above the game. He's already planing to release rulesets and whatnot for his "M&T" serie.

Takis76

Arcane
Developer
Hello,
I was seeing these messages here and I got registered in this forums to answer. I am the guy "Takis76" Who is developing the "Dark Lord Beholder". I read all posts and I like to enlighten all people here.
I will answer all.
1st: Someone told this "Only two characters? That's not Eye of the Beholder".
I wasn't intent to create the same replica of the Eye of the Beholder. I have to say I didn't like the same interface of the original "Eye of the Beholders". About 2 characters was a problem of the early versions of my game. The game used low 320x200 resolution so 2 characters were fit. Later on I improved my game increasing the resolution to 640x480 and now the latest updates of the game, which is not "Eye of the Beholder IV" anymore I use 800x600 resolution. In this post there wasn't any new screenshot.
About the links. All the links are dead now, because the facebook page was changed.
2nd: Another one guy said here:
This has been in development since sometime around 2008, probably earlier. As everyone can see, it uses stolen assets (some of which has been altered) and is a grand example of vaporware.
It's still gonna get released before Grimoire, though.

The development of the first game begun many years ago back in 1996. But the "Dark Lord Beholder" begun in 2008.
I have used some of the original graphics to calibrate the viewport and program the engine. But this doesn't means the game is vaporware. If you have ever programmed in your life and you have created a complete game engine from scratch you should know what is a vaporware.
3rd: Another one said: Naming your game "Eye of the Beholder 4" and calling it a sequel is rather a bad idea considering EoB3 is REALLY (Shit Game)
The game was intent to be the next of the series. Yes the Eye of the Beholder III wasn't the best but doesn't means the next one will be bad.
4th: That screenshot looks like ass. It's like someone just grabbed a bunch of random things off the internet, opened up GIMP and made a pretend UI that still sucks.
The screenshot was actually from the game and is not random things. It was a real playable interface from the game. The game is real and the screenshot is not fake.

5th: Paintbrush, more likely.
don't know, in this kind of games, what matters is not how it looks.
And if it never goes commercial/crowdfunded, and not published in big channels, I don't think they'll run into legal issues.
The graphics were created with Corel: Paint Shop Pro which is genuine and I have copyrighted licence of the software.

When the game will be funded I will not have any legal issue and I still don't have any.

6th: Another one said: EoB 3 demonstrates how terrible EoB combat is by having an all attack button. It didn't make the combat crappy by having it. I believe at least some of the AD&D blobbers had the mouse click go through all of the player attacks one by one.
The new game combat is realtime and there is no "All Attack" button. The game play will be something similar to"Lands of Lore" and "Eye of the Beholder 2" but the whole game play and battle system is different.

7th: Another guy said: He's going to pocket the money and vanish. You can screenshot this post and bring it back up when he does it.
The game was going to be crowdfunded to "Kickstarter" first. But the Kickstarter wasn't allow people from my country. Then I was planned to put it to "Indiegogo". The Indiegogo campaign was ready but I had these issues with "Wizards of the Coast" and I was holded it. I was launched a campaign with one website with name "Fund anything" but for some reason the website went to a maintenance mode forever and the campaign last few days only. I had only one contributor and I still send him my game updates. I am not going to pocket the money and vanish and for now I haven't take any money because I have not any crowdfunding campaign active. But even if someone is interesting to contibute , all they will take their upgrades. If I was intent to pocket the money and vanish I wasn't bother to register in these forums and answer in this post.

8th: The good old "I'm doing the game first and getting the rights later".
What could go wrong? I always trust loyayal people.
That's exactly. I don't have anything wrong and I have made all of my research and actions before you see what you have already seen.

I have to inform you. Every tool and software I use for the creation of my game which I own it, including programming languages, audio editors, graphic makers, because I have program it line by line from scratch and there is no "Wizards of the Coast" to stop me and I have to say, I have got in contact with them and there are lots of things you don't know, I got in contact with the Head Quarters of the Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro.
The only thing the "Wizards of the Coast" owns are the "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" Rules. Which I am not use them and never trespass their rights.I asked them to give me an official permission to use their logo and their rules. Even I asked to draw me and graphics too.
They didn't say no. They wasn't able to give permision right now maybe later in the future. But by waiting in unknown time is better to change and creating my own new rules with name "Monsters and Traps" Which I made research and they are not copyrighted and I will register them for my own. About the name 'Eye of the Beholder" was not allowed as a whole phrase. "Dark Lord Beholder" is another phrase and another title and there is not a problem about this. Using some of graphics from the "Eye of the Beholder" which they don't belong to "Wizards of the Coast", easilly can be used as graphics place holders and can be change.
My engine is very powerful and changing few graphics means nothing to me. And if you want to now, the reason to launch a crowdfunding campaign was not to pocket the money and vanish, but to hire graphics designers to create nice new graphics for the continuation of development of the game. My game is not vaporware and I have to say I am very proud because many people have begun to create clones of "Eye of the Beholder" and they all abandoned them.
I have wrote millions of lines of code and the game will go even far from the "Eye of the Beholder" and I am not going to drop thousands of programming working hours to the basket. Yes I really liked to use the name "Eye of the Beholder IV" and I still want it and I had purchased and domain name for my website. But now I will remain to "Dark Lord Beholder" because I like and this title too and is not bounded with legal issues.
The new game interface is different and is not random graphics created with Gimp and I have to say the Gimp is a very nice program.

When the game will be funded I will not have any legal issue. Or even if I fund it from my own pocket and even if I am develope it slowly.
I forgot to say. The demo download link from box have changed because I am updating the game constantly. So the box change the links too. So all the links in these posts wasn't working.
For people who are concern and I have to say I am very proud which means you care and you are really interesting to play my game some day. I have posted the last "Eye of the Beholder IV" version before become "Dark Lord Beholder"

You can download and see how my Vaporware game looks like in action here:
https://app.box.com/s/rylamhpdy30wgngku3vrd9utavcpfw2x

I don't think so, someone who intent to steal peoples money and dissapear (Vanish) will Appear here, talks live, gives playable demo, have facebook fun page, with public facebook account. If I was a criminal Facebook can very easily found me.
I am not hiding from anyone and not even behind my finger and look and my new facebook page
The new facebook fun page is here:
facebook.com/darklordbeholder

I will not include the "Adventure Maker" because I don't want to publish it yet. Only people who will contribute in the future crowdfunding campaign. Which now I am skeptical if I will launch any.
By the way. The new interface of the new "Dark Lord Beholder". Not the game demo you will download from the working link I gave here, will have 3 payable characters an can fit and 4 NPCs (7 people in the party). Which I will decide how many characters I will put.

And if you are lazy look at the new screenshot.
mnPXUzI.png

That's all for now and I am clear and I have nothing to fear and I will not have any illegal issue. But if you have questions I will be very happy to answer them ALL!!!!!

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
The graphics were created with Corel: Paint Shop Pro which is genuine and I have copyrighted licence of the software.
Every tool and software I use for the creation of my game which I own it, including programming languages, audio editors, graphic makers, because I have program it line by line from scratch and there is no "Wizards of the Coast" to stop me and I have to say

Who the fuck said about legitimacy of your tools. No one gives a fucking damn except rabid copyfags. They are just pointing out that using EoB's graphics and name as placeholder is ground to C&D letter from WotC.

On the other hand you are, considering abominable English, probably Russian and thus partially immune to them. :M

Also mana bar and runes. Are you picking a page from Dungeon Master?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
And if you are lazy look at the new screenshot.

Looks amazing. Add a couple more different graphics styles and pixel sizes for even extra amazingness.

Also, didn't read, that red is melting my eyes worse than your screenshot.

Takis76

Arcane
Developer
Ok, You mean the red text in my post. I just use a different color to highlight the quotes of the other people. It depends how you can read it well from the forums theme background color.
I have to say it again. The Wizards of the Coast care about the Dungeons and Dragons Rules only. The game wasn't created from "Wizards of the Coast" was created from Westwood Studios "Petroglyph Games"
I have got in contuct with them too. But I can't explain to you now. No one have any problem. And graphics as I said are not problem for me, they can be changed.
I am watching everyday what people are saying , I am watching the forums, the communities, the media, the reviews and anyone who is talking about my game.
I am very careful what I am doing here.

@Fowyr

There was one one campaign in Kickstarter about "Bard's Tale" rpg. The game was funded succesfully and they used the name "Bard's Tale" the exactly the same game title used by developers.
Interplay was developed the "Bard's Tale" and published By "Electronic Arts". None from both companies sued anyone and no one complained even using the same title of the game.
Here I am not using the same title and not the same rules.I am not using nothing from the "Wizards of the Coast" property.

If you will see there are lots of games witch use the Word "Dungeon" , "Dungeon Lords", "The Darkest Dungeon", "Dungeon Kingdom" , "The fall of the Dungeon Guards". Dungen this and Dungeon that. So Interplay which was created the game "Dungeon Master" may have problem with all of them. I know what I am doing here and I will never receive any Cease and Desist letter from "Wizards of the Coast". The game is not ready and you can't judge yet. You will be surpised when you will see the final release.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Considering the name, Takis76 must be Greek unless it's a very random coincidence. Takis is a common nickname for Panagiotis - one of the most common Greek names.
The English skills are a bit Russian admittedly though :P

Takis76

Arcane
Developer
Considering the name, Takis76 must be Greek unless it's a very random coincidence. Takis is a common nickname for Panagiotis - one of the most common Greek names.
The English skills are a bit Russian admittedly though :P

Yes I am from Greece and the English is not my native Language. What you mean my English are bit Russian?

And graphics as I said are not problem for me

Well, I will respectfully disagree.

Why are you disagree? If I will create my own graphics and change them there will not be a problem.

What are the Brofist and the other rewords I have gained? (I still don't understand these forums).

Takis76

Arcane
Developer
our friend does not seem to understand how copyright works

Maybe the laws of America are Different than the laws of Greece.
...What you mean my English are bit Russian?...

Why are you disagree? ..
:smug:

*Ki egw Ellhnas eimai, einai ligo skouriasmena ta Agglika sou man

"Geia soy Patriotaki. :) Apo poy eisai? Gia epsiga ligo peri pneymatikon dikaiomaton. Haha tora oi typades edo then tha katalaboyn ti leo".

"Den ta egrapsa sta ellinika giati mporei na min mporeis na ta diabaseis"

"Exo milisei me toys wizards den kano plaka. Me rotisan an to paixnidi exei na kanei me Magic the Gathering kai toys eipa oxi"
"Kata'rxas den eipan tipota genika giati ego piga monos moy kai toys esteila gramma sta ketrika toys grafeia as to po kapos etsi"
"Mou eipan kai eyxaristo poy toys esteila kai gramma"
"Toys eipa oti prokeitai na ftiakso ena paixnidi poy tha legetai etsi kai etsi"
"Toys eipa ta panta, poy tha einai to paixnidi, to pos tha einai, ti titlo tha exei, toys edosa kai demo"
"Den eipan oxi, rotisan an einai Magic the Gatheing toys eipa oxi"
"Sxetika me ton titlo eipan oti einai olos o titlos trade mark apo alli etaireia all oxi diko toys"
"Moy eipan oti mporei se kapoia fasi sto mellon oti egkrinoyn na moy dosoyn adeia alla den mporoysan tora"
"Adeia gia tin xrisi toy AD&D logotypo kai kanones, ego bebaia bariemai na perimeno opote theloyn na dosoyn adeia xrisis ton kanonon AD&D kai apofasisa na ftiakso dika moy kai na ta allakso"
"Ligoteri skotoyra peri dikaiomaton"
"To teras Beholder poy xrisimopoioyn einai palaio onoma, den to xrisimopoioyn tora, fonazoyn ta beholders 'Eye Tyrans' opote to peri Beholder exei allaksei poly"
"Exoyn bgalei ti 6 ekdosi stoys kanones toys kai exoyn allaksei polla"
"Ego den tha kano kamia xrisi apo toys kanones toys"
"Den exoyn problima me to onoma Beholder giati einai poly geniki leksi giayto kai ta allaksan"
"Poy na eksigo tora edo sta amerikania olokliri tin istoria".
"Peri grafikon, den exoyn ftiaksei ta grafika aytoi, ta eixe ftiaksei h Westwood".
"Milisa me tin Westwood kai na soy po, brika kai ton Frank Klepaki poy egrapse to tragoydi kai me afinei na balo tragoydi toy mesa"
"Ante tora na baleis myalo se oloys aytoys edo se ayto to forum"
"Den katapatao kanena apo ta pneymatika dikaiomata oute apo toys 'Wizards' oyte apo toys 'Westwood'
"Na fantasteis oti epsaksa na bro kai poios zografise ta grafika apo ta wallsets"
"Sto paron paixnidi poy exo, xrisimopoio kapoia apo ta grafika ton wallsets mono ta opoia exo ftiaksei polla kainoyria kai exo kanei kai allages sta yparxon"
"Ayto den epireazei pneymatika dikaiomata. Basika mono liga grafika apo wallsets einai apo to paixnidi 'EOB' all ta terata einai kainoyria"
"To interface einai eksolokliroy kainoyrio kai kapoioi malakes legan oti exo mono 2 paixtes. Epitides exo allaksei to interface, den eimai malakas"
"To paixnidi den tha ginei olo idio, alla ti na eksigo stoys typades edo"
"An katafairo kai mazepso xrimata gia na proslabo grafistes tha exo ena olokliromeno paixnidi me nea oraia rgafika xoris na paraponietai kaneis"
"Kataibase to demo poy exo. Ase toys malakes na lene oti to paixnidi moy einai vaporware kai oti thelo na mazepso lefta kai na eksafanisto"
"Opote loipon afoy ta agglika moy einai rossika giaytoys ante na toys eksigiso to ti paizei genika"
"To exo psaksei to olo thema, alla apla den me kseran kai apo exthes kai epidei exo dei sto kickstarter atoma na pernoyn ta lefta kai na eksafanizonte"
"den simenei oti tha ginei kai edo"
"Den yparxei problima, akomi kai na allakso ta grafika poy sigoyra tha ginei allagi. Oli h mixani einai diki moy. Den mporei na kanei kaneis tipota"
"Exo kai enan moysiko na moy ftiaksei moysiki kai tha balo kai ton Frank Klepaki na moy kanei moysiki gia party moy"
"Nea terata, neo story, nea grafika, nea mixani, kamia sxesi me to gnosto beholder poy ksereis kai ase toys malakes na lene"
"Tha soy steilo dorean ekdosi se esena oti tha ftiaxno giati eisai patriotaki"
"Tora an den bariese eksiga toys"
"Thelo na rotiso genika me ayto to forum. Ayta ta Brofist kai kati kolodaktyla poy kanoy fainonte oi typadens na trolaroyn kai na einai ligo snob"
"Ayta, ti allo na po. Exoyn emfanistei polloi typades kai me rotisan ta idia den einai kati neo. Apo to 2008 genika poy arxisa na emfanizo to paixnidi sto internet"
"Arxizoyn na lene tis malakies toys, alloi fainetai na zhleyoun, alloi na to paiksoyn eksypnoi"
"Einai paixtes den einai programmatistes"
"Xarika poly kala na pernas" :)

Takis76

Arcane
Developer
If my English are Russian for some people and you can't read them , try to learn Greek and read this post. Hehe....
Try to learn Chinese first. Hehe.

Takis76

Arcane
Developer
I am not a racist, you just don't know Greek that's all.
I am forced to speak English to communicate with you, but why don't you learn to speak Greek to communicate with me?
Who is the racist now?

Takis76

Arcane
Developer
"για τον πουτσο καβαλα" ειναι το σωστο τακη.
Οι μπουνιες και τα κωλοδάκτυλα που σου δείνουν για βραβείο δεν είναι ρατσιστικά αλλά γράψαμε ελληνικά και δεν καταλάβαν τίποτα τι λέμε τους φάνηκε ρατσιστικό.
υποτίθεται είναι σοβαρό φόρουμ για να μιλήσεις για παιχνίδια και μετά λένε και κριτικάρουν το παιχνίδι μου.

Takis76

Arcane
Developer
Guys, You call me a racist because I was spoken with one Greek friend here.
In the posts you give fists and middle fingers to the members as reward is not a racist. This forum it suppose to be a serious forum to discuss about games.
But the only think you know is to criticize my game, but the middle fingers and fists are appropriate.
Have a nice day guys. I will continue my nice game and I will not give any report to anyone what I will do.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
Οι μπουνιες και τα κωλοδάκτυλα που σου δείνουν για βραβείο δεν είναι ρατσιστικά αλλά γράψαμε ελληνικά και δεν καταλάβαν τίποτα τι λέμε τους φάνηκε ρατσιστικό.
υποτίθεται είναι σοβαρό φόρουμ για να μιλήσεις για παιχνίδια και μετά λένε και κριτικάρουν το παιχνίδι μου.

ετσι γινεται εδω,δεν υπαρχει μοντερατιον και ο καθε βλακακος γραφει την παπαριτσα του αντι για συγκροτημενη κριτικη.
μην μασας με τα ratings που σου βαζουν,γραψε για το παιχνιδι σου και γραφτους στα αρχιδια σου.

Takis76

Arcane
Developer

ετσι γινεται εδω,δεν υπαρχει μοντερατιον και ο καθε βλακακος γραφει την παπαριτσα του αντι για συγκροτημενη κριτικη.
μην μασας με τα ratings που σου βαζουν,γραψε για το παιχνιδι σου και γραφτους στα αρχιδια σου.
Αυτό θα κάνω πολύ καλέ μου φίλε.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom