Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
NEW THREAD: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/cd-projekts-cyberpunk-2077-thread.122398/

They will announce it in a couple of days at E3, for now they released this teaser:

88be5489b6a172d3fc22ac59d1465ca428499e4ac0ac96137b7a9ac85412689d.jpg

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

They're also releasing the original Witcher for Piss3 and Xbawks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Witcher with GUNS! Also your picture link is broken. It is however a step up from the frog in an icecube.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
I was wondering when a topic would be made.

Official announcement noon EST.

Speculation is it might be based on some Polish graphic novel or something.

However I'm hoping for a cyberpunk space opera.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
QTE Cyber-Punk shooter? And yes, link pic is fixed now.

You know, CDProject Does NOT rely on a Publisher to make games. I wonder if they will go the what sells and accessibility, and the same old AKSHUN cRPG formula. Granted, for me personally, anything not boring fucking fantasy related is nice.

circ

Arcane

You know, CDProject Does NOT rely on a Publisher to make games. I wonder if they will go the what sells and accessibility, and the same old AKSHUN cRPG formula. Granted, for me personally, anything not boring fucking fantasy related is nice.
Hmmm. DX:polski?

edit:Fucking smiley code.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My inside source says that it will be a South Park Family Guy RPG. It will be turn based and isometric. :M

Sul

Savant

Or maybe they make what they like to play, you know, different tastes and all that.

made

Arcane

Or maybe they make what they like to play, you know, different tastes and all that.
CD Projekt is a publisher, and listed on the Warsaw potato exchange. Think Electronic Arts, just smaller. How much freedom CDPRed - their dev team (or one of them) - have to make the games they want is anyone's guess. It's not some independent studio.

Anyway, Witcher or GTFO

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

CD Projekt is a publisher, and listed on the Warsaw potato exchange. Think Electronic Arts, just smaller. How much freedom CDPRed - their dev team (or one of them) - have to make the games they want is anyone's guess. It's not some independent studio.

Anyway, Witcher or GTFO

There's a good chance they do have a lot more freedom than EA or Activision's in-house development studios, though. I was always under the impression that it's a question of prestige and Potato-pride for them, which is why they stress the "AAA" status of their games so much in press releases.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I was always under the impression that it's a question of prestige and Potato-pride for them, which is why they stress the "AAA" status of their games so much in press releases.
Yeah, it's a very communistic approach.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Ahhh thanks. Now I get it.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
on a side note, has anyone else read sapkowskis books? im waiting for the third to get translated into english, which is supposed to happen sometime soon

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom