Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

Lujo

Augur
Calm your mammaries :lol:

It was a nice fun conversation with the side benefit of laughing my ass off at you climbing the walls over here :D

Last edited:

Zetor

Arcane
Hi guys.
I just stopped by to say "hello".

How is everyone doing?
The last expedition to the Darkest Dungeon went well, but it looks like two of our party members maxed out their stress while fighting the Shuffling Horror.

The human mind - fragile like a robin's egg.

Lujo

Augur
I wasn't stressed out at all XD

I wanted to ask a question over there, and did it in a particular style. Then random idiots showed up and it became fun. Then this thread's resident headcase showed up and started spouting gibberish in steam chat so I blocked him. Then he flipped and started spouting (somewhat saner) gibberish over here. I was having fun before, but then it became hilarious. I don't really like making fun of crazy people, call me old fashioned, but Celerity somehow manages to make it feel ok ^^

I wager what happened is that he got panicked about the idea that Red Hook guys might show up and actually give me money or something. Which is insane, ofc they won't. But the only way he's relevant in the universe is as "that guy who made it look like only complete lunatics have something bad to say against Darkest Dungeons". Technically, he sold more copies of DD than streamers did :)

Last edited:

Gunnar

Arbiter

Despite being a third worlder cuck who is massively triggered because he can't stand being wrong about Rekt Hook and cannot understand that Derpest is unsalvageable, Celerity said you have half-decent insight into games, I think that's the highest compliment I've ever seen bestowed by him, you should be honored.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded

Despite being a third worlder cuck who is massively triggered because he can't stand being wrong about Rekt Hook and cannot understand that Derpest is unsalvageable, Celerity said you have half-decent insight into games, I think that's the highest compliment I've ever seen bestowed by him, you should be honored.

Nah, I say nice things about people that are actually competent. If Lujo could just accept the fact I was right about everything instead of basically repeating every argument I made about the game mechanics, but raging because he can't stand being associated with me so he spergs about shitty RNG stuns instead of proper damage spam then cries when RNG gets him killed he might be a decent person.

As it is though, he doesn't understand that he can't use the hurr durr I can do it better argument unless you actually have done it better already. I can be openly contemptuous because Deepest Dark's the only real game and everyone knows it. Even the ones who hate me admit it. Him? Sure anyone can do better but because he hasn't yet no one cares.

Before he cucked out and ran away I was just recommending he not waste his time pretending Derpest is a legitimate game and either 1: Focus that time and effort on a real game instead. 2: Troll and shitpost at them until they get triggered.

Everything after that was him raging about Trump in the middle of a non political discussion and being triggered by me.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Today marks the release of Steam Workshop support for Darkest Dungeon! We’ve always wanted to support mods for Darkest Dungeon, and going back to the Kickstarter, we listed it as a stretch goal. Though at the time we didn’t reach that level of funding, due to our success through Early Access, we decided to fully incorporate STEAM Workshop after release. Today marks the beginning of that support, and we cannot be more excited to see what our players come up with!

To celebrate this event we are on sale this weekend on Steam! Have you been waiting for Workshop Support? Well now you can grab the game for cheap and check out what the modding community has already cooked up in the Workshop Library! There are already a handful of cool and interesting class mods, as well as small and large system overhauls for the game such as Pitch Black Dungeon byMaesterSilvio, which is not unlike what The Long War is for X-Com 2.

We will be hosting a Community Stream this Friday to showcase some of the mods listed on Workshop as well as answer questions from the community about the game and modding. Tune in to Twitch.tvtomorrow at 2pm PST!

Are you interested in making mods for Darkest Dungeon? Check out the Darkest Dungeon Workshop Group on STEAM and the modding guide here! Back while we were testing out the Workshop integration we created a group for modders to send us feedback as well as discuss and share their expertise. We plan on using this group as the home for future workshop feature requests as well as discussing things with our modding community.

Finally, while mods are exciting please understand that we must put a disclaimer up as well:

Red Hook Studios cannot be responsible for any damage to save games caused by subscribing to mods. We recommend backing up your saves first. Here are instructions how to do so. We also encourage mod creators to test your mods thoroughly before making them available to the public.

The Darkest Dungeon world is about to get a little bit bigger! We can’t wait to see more of your creations.

Delve deep,

Red Hook Studios

Celerity :outrage:

Ent

Savant
so people just throw out cuck all willy nilly now? I wonder what the next catch all insult is going to be.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm probably belly-diving into a minefield here, but...if Celerity wants to show Lujo and Co "how it's done", he now has the means to do it.

Is he up to the challenge, or is he all talk and balk?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I must say this has been one of the most entertaining threads on the forum. Now with mod support I guess the mod support isn't dead, eh? Can we expect a new Deepest Dungeon with Celerity showing us how it is done, or him just being a whiny cunt who briefly worked on a mod then got butthurt?

Celerity

I've already outperformed all the cucks, including Maester Pedo who only did anything at all after I left and Lujo the third worlder who never did anything at all. I already have a real game I'm modding, there's absolutely no reason why I'd make money for corrupt devs by doing their work for them and besides. Only retards think you need Workshop for mod support.

Would be amusing seeing even more retard low effort mods now though, provided anyone is even still fooled by this scam. Even the shills got low effort so I doubt that.

Celerity

More cuckery from the Cotex. Remind me why you're not playing real games instead? Oh right, you're poser trash.

Fucking Grimoire will become a real game before Derpest Dungeon.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't get too edgy man, we call you here because you're funny and you fucking know it, just give us what we want

Last edited:

Celerity

Actually, I'll amend my previous statement. If you want a real game you won't get it from me at all. Not now anyways.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After 15 hours, I give up. I could continue but I have decided that I don't want to destroy neither my keyboard nor my mouse. Met a boss and he got to attack me six time in a row with an attack that took 60% of each party member's life. I just looked on in disbelief while my team got manhandled. At this point, I knew that I could just level up some other characters or use some of the others in my roster, but when a game is as cheap as the fight I lost, I feel like there is no point in playing. I'll take playing games like Dark Souls or other games in highest difficulty over this randomness, and I generally don't even hate when games uses RNG.

pippin

This is a game where the RNG is truly shit, and it hurts. It's kinda heartbreaking that a game that looks this cool has to have such bs. In other games like roguelikes and shit, you kinds know why you fail, but this is pure chance, the game has absolutely no systems at all.

Celerity

But MUH VISION and the pundits are the only things wrong with the game! We're hipsters, we can code. Honest!

All they have going for them is drug taking retards smashing keyboards on the easiest boss in the game and plenty of shill bucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom