Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

Lujo

Augur
Lujo, you seem to argue for the sake of proving yourself right.

Am I supposed to be arguing when I think I'm wrong?

Is it just one unit, that is OP, like Plague Doctor, who can stun 2 units at once? That does not mean that the whole game is broken, no? Otherwise your logic does not stand: with the correction I suggested, you will not go a long way. You stun the opponent once, twice if you are lucky. But while stunning, you cannot kill him instantly. In second, max third round, he is immune to stunning. If you still feel the stunning is too powerful, just increase the "amount:40" to "amount: 80". You'll never get to second succesful stun.

Plague Doctor is OP, but any large critter makes any stunner able to take out two enemy positions with one stun. Yes, being unable to stunlock would solve that problem, but then the issues is that there's a million items that do nothing, and it's not the game I can give feedback on.

Anyway I checked out some more stuff.

- Master of Arms can now apparently guard 2 people. This is retarded, but the redhook guys think it isn't. Dear god. (OK they'll fix it, thank god).
- This also wrecks the Vvulf guy, lol. He's kinda cool otherwise.
- Jesters bleeds are still some of the lamest mis-designed crap I've seen in a videogame, except they somehow manage to be ok-ish vs. certain bosses (namely the new Shrieker guy, and also Vvulf)
- The new monsters are hit and miss:
a) The weald one, The Hateful Virago is brilliant in her own way. Very few enemies are actually interesting, this one is. Very high stun resistance, too, very nice. She can shoot herself in the foot, but maybe they fix that.
b) The skeleton guy is... well, less inventive, but I suppose more reliable. He buffs passively, buffs actively, raises dead and looks cool.
c) The drowned zombie guy is 100% meh. He's a purely stress guy. Looks too goofy, doesn't seem to combo with anything. Seems like a proof of concept model for a stress DoT but is too plain AFACS
d) Haven't run into the swine guy yet. Folks say he's the toughest.
e) The new boss, the Shrieker, is cool and it's a way to get back the trinkets you lose when your dudes die. This is VERY NICE (and basically something I told them to do a while back). He's got 3 moves per turn, mostly stresses folks out, and you have 4 turns to kill him. He also might be bugged currently, because he gives the achievement for killing him even if you don't. Ridiculously high dodge, and since he moves 3 times he takes debuffs off. I got him with bleeds of all things.

All the new guys have a bit of the same problem - they're all way more interesting and impactful than most of the old guys so they draw focused fire which is why they don't really make an impact they're supposed to. Redhook guys do indeed seem to be idiots but they are also getting better at their own system so 3 out of 4 is not bad. It's bizzare that it took them this long to make remotely interesting enemies, but better late than never. (3 out of 4 is because the stress pirate is a bit of a dud IMO).

--

Say, Celerity, what did you do with the DoT's in your mod?

Last edited:

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Hope your game design is not like the syntax of your phrases, otherwise it must lack any noticeable coherence.
I would certainly give Deepest Dark a try, but since you put it away it has become largely irrelevant.

I quit supporting Derpest Dungeon yeah. I did a lot more with Lords of Xulima so play a real game instead?

Lujo My fix wouldn't even work anymore (ignoring the corruption of the devs). Before Protection was flat damage reduction so damage spam and particularly AoE spam didn't do much against defensive enemies (every boss and mini boss, a few other enemies). Enemies also did a lot more damage so you couldn't just max out your damage. End result, you needed defense so you could survive. And defense actually worked because it wasn't irrelevant tiny bonuses. Then DoT effects got buffed and actually bypass all of that. In vanilla damage spam is still better even against 80% protection but if you assume a bit longer fights and make DoTs relevant they let you go bulky offense by still doing something while also being capable of not dying in 2 hits. (This also had the effect of making mark based mechanics actually relevant because a mark did more damage than another attack).

Lujo

Augur
There's a cluster of scrubs moaning about hunger now. Apparently it's a viciously hated mechanic. I know the world is filled with idiots, but dear god...

Btw, I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't put regular enemies with 2 moves in. That would've fixed the dots easily. And made combat heaps more interesting becuase stuff would be more resistant to stuns, and support guys could simply do more.

hilfazer

Scholar
There's a cluster of scrubs moaning about hunger now. Apparently it's a viciously hated mechanic. I know the world is filled with idiots, but dear god...

If nothing has changed hunger system sucks because it's very arbitrary. Some people would say 'random'.
Once i was able to pass 11 rooms without needing to eat. Other time i had to eat twice when passing two rooms.
It could be done similar to light, with hunger meter hidden.

Other things that made me dislike the game and eventually quit:

- Rekt Hook's attempt to fix Breakthrough spam. That was just terrible. Their 'fix' didn't hurt people who spammed Hellions because 4 of them could clear screen in one turn, but it hurt 'normal'/'regular' players with just one Hellion.

- Inventory. 4 emeralds = 1 slot. 4 obsidians = 1 slot. 1 emerald + 1 obsidian = ... 2 slots. That's just bullshit, beyond any logic. I've proposed a system that would cut this BS and keep all advantages of current one - basically a weight limit, nothing fancy. I was aproached by fanboys who started telling me how good current system is and that is should not be changed. Then i realized devs were not visiting their own forum so i decided not to bother anymore.

- There was a Vestal item increasing her healing by 30%. Her AoE heal at max level used to heal 3 HP. 3 HP * 1.3 = 3.9. Almost 4 but no it wasn't 4, it was truncated to 3. Devs forgot to do rounding i guess. But it gets better. Rekt Hook increased healing on this item to 33%. 3 HP * 1.33 = 3.99. They were making fun of players. This is when i quit.

Celerity

Btw, I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't put regular enemies with 2 moves in. That would've fixed the dots easily. And made combat heaps more interesting becuase stuff would be more resistant to stuns, and support guys could simply do more.

Hunger is a retarded design, and the devs have spent more time defending their retarded design than actually putting in a hunger meter and making stuff cost hunger like real Roguelikes from 30 years ago did.

Of course you could replace hunger with a blank and that statement would still be 100% correct when discussing Rekt Hook.

As for the multi actions thing, mostly it'd just make stuns and marks more shit. DoTs still don't do nearly enough damage. They should probably do it anyways just so noobs get a clue and just spam damage, then when Rekt Hook sees everyone spamming feminists like 2 years ago they'd look even more incompetent. Still wouldn't fix it of course, but I'd enjoy their salt.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I don't get the butthurt with hunger. In small dungeons I bring 8 food (2 rations), in medium 20 food (1 camping + 3 rations) and in large 4 rations and I never had any hunger issue, most of the time I return with food left or I end up throwing it to make room for loot.

But I don't backtrack, I examine the optimal route without needing to travel through all chambers since you can't carry back all the loot you find anyway.

Celerity

"Seperate the game's identity from that of the developers."

While they sperg out about Trump and GamerGate for holding them accountable. Classic Rekt Hook.

pippin

i wonder what Mike Mignola thinks about this game. Despite being a fan darling, Hellboy and its related series don't really sell all that much.

Celerity

Should have spent millions buying people out.

Celerity

Cuckjo: Can we quit being friends?
Celerity, Executor of Impunity: You ain't done nothing but insult me the entire time. I only kept you around because you amuse me, you can leave whenever you want.
Cuckjo has left.

Cuckjo: HURR HURR I BLOCKED U LULZ U TRUMPBOT PLZ HIRE REKT HOOK GIB SCAM MONEYZ PLZ.

Quite the pathetic little cuck, and it doesn't even realize I exaggerate certain traits because I know it triggers all the right people.

In before Lujo is used and discarded like Pedo Joey.

Celerity

Lujo, the third worlder apparently fell on hard times and is desperately begging Rekt Hook for a job and demonstrating his qualifications by throwing people under the bus. Of course, all that will really happen is they'll ignore and censor him, thereby dsicarding him first and making him waste all those obsessive walls of text. I tried warning him but with the way he's acting and the sudden shill insurgence again I think I'd rather just watch the salt.

Celerity

Buying meds with potatos is hard. If he wants a job cleaning shit that badly he should work as a janitor, not for Rekt Hook. It is funny watching the shills pile on him though.

Celerity

Lujo is in desperate need of money. Silly Lujo , if you want money from Rekt Hook you won't get it by proving you can game design better than non gamers and non designers. You get it by selling them reviews in which you suck their tiny hipster dicks. You're from Europe, so you should have a Master's in being cucked. I believe in you!

Celerity

Some third worlder cuck that has half decent insight about games but is massively triggered because he reached the same conclusions about Derpest Dungeon and Rekt Hook that I did but can't stand the fact that means I was right about something. Cue him sperging over his keyboard in a way even I never did about how much better he is than the devs... but unlike me, he's never actually proven it so even though it's a low ass bar his words still mean fuck and all. Also, epic hilarity from Lujo being confused with me, then going on double panic mode because he doesn't realize he has the same posting style and utter contempt of hipster trash, despite people with his politics normally being on their knees in front of hipsters. Cue him struggling with his mental problems while both shills and based Derexiters troll him.

Celerity

Ah, there you are. Seems I've cured you of cuckitis a little, since you're posting here instead of in your safe space on the Derpest forums.

Still needs a lot of healthcare though, since you're still under the unfortunate delusion that Derpest Dungeon is a fixable game or even a game at all so he's bugging Rekt Hook for pocket change so he can fix it instead of just trolling them for the lulz (for example, with exaggerated support of Donald Trump) and shitposts while playing a real game with actual depth and tactics instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom