Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Call of Liriel, open world blobber inspired by MM6-8 and Wizardry 8

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From the Codex inbox:

Hi, I would like to briefly share a crowdfunding campaign I'm running:

The Call of Liriel is an indie open world first-person party-based free movement RPG, inspired on 90's first-person RPGs, main inspiration from Might and Magic 6,7,8 and Wizardry 8. You are a party of four novice monster hunters looking for your next adventure. You heard about an island where inhabitants are terrorized by a group of giant spiders. You travel there to start your epic monster hunter career. Things will become increasingly complicated as you join the battle between light and dark forces!

Crowdfunding trailer: https://youtu.be/L8evVo_XT6Y

Link to crowdfunding campaign >>> https://igg.me/at/the-call-of-liriel

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-call-of-liriel-rpg-magic

xolnjwuluuo84f89pjux.png

The Call of Liriel is an indie RPG game inspired on 90's first-person party-based free movement RPGs. Main inspiration from classics Might and Magic 6,7,8 and Wizardry 8. Over the past few years, all the first-person RPGs developed by the big companies were either solo (no party), or grid movement (no free movement). This is a game that recovers the first-person party-based free movement RPG.

We have already developed most of the main gameplay features. We have advanced far, but there is still much to do. We need your help supporting this campaign so we can dedicate ourselves full time to this fantastic (and huge!) project.

ytocohzhgeg1ngarmza7.png

• 90's first-person party-based free movement RPG look with modern 3D graphics
  • Open world (sandbox) game with an epic story going on in the background
  • Custom realtime with pause combat (similar to turn based combat)
  • 9 different professions to select from
  • Character leveling and skills proficiency
  • Spells divided in different magic schools (around 50 different spells with the 3rd funding goal)
  • Different monsters and creatures to battle with (around 35 different creatures with the 5th funding goal)
  • Weapons animations while attacking
  • Speaking characters
  • Day/time cycle and weather system
  • Platforms: Windows, Mac & Linux

Tigranes

Arcane
And yet it is RTwP...? I never understood that, TB works so well with the first person party. Nice to have another M&M clone, at least.

V_K

Arcane
I know that the story is not the most important part of a blobber (although I would argue that worldbuilding is important), but this setup just takes uninspired to a whole new level.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I have no idea why they're using Indiegogo rather than Kickstarter; the only advantage the former has is that it's easier to scam people on it.

Luzur

Good Sir
Update:

Hi, unfortunately the campaign is not doing well. I will cancel it (Indiegogo will refund the money). We'll try to continue it on our spare time, and at least release the first quests. Thanks for the backers who dreamed with us that it could be possible!

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
:negative:

There are tons of people out there who'd play another M&M6/7/8 styled game. It's the lack of exposure that's killing projects like this.
The devs should have posted this in more places. Then maybe I'd have known about it earlier.

Also particle effects + subtle post processing can do wonders for marketability. The devs should brush that up and try again in half a year or so.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
Every Might and Magic remake/fanmade projects are cursed.
Too true, sadly :(

I'm still saddened by Tribute's slow and painful death, and it's been years.

Tribute project made big leaps in the beginning, with lots of update and even a workable demo and everyone was in on the deal (even i, actually applying for a role on the team but never got one), but as usual when you have these "open and voluntary" projects, talented people tend to drop out due to IRL stuff, which happened to Tribute, 5 years after the start i think only Ribanna was left of the original crew, hanging on like a champ, then the last 3-4 years it started declining with the last playable demo/release being some sort of....wasnt it some sort of interactive dialogue menu? It was the same with that MM1 remake i was part of in the early 2000's (mapper), lots of progress in the start and high-life, then *POFF* the main guy had to take "breaks" due to IRL issues (collage, i believe it was for Wyzardry, the head of the remake) and then he just vanished along with the code.

In the end, it seems to be a better deal to kickstart such projects so you can pay people to actually stay and code.

:negative:

There are tons of people out there who'd play another M&M6/7/8 styled game. It's the lack of exposure that's killing projects like this.
The devs should have posted this in more places. Then maybe I'd have known about it earlier.

Also particle effects + subtle post processing can do wonders for marketability. The devs should brush that up and try again in half a year or so.

Yeah, i never heard of the game before seeing it on the round table forums, so they fucked up pretty big that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom