Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The Calamitous Chronicle of the Codex Cannibals

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok, I think this deserves a in-depth responce.

I always play a risky game, trying to provoke enough people that the killers would throw in their vote, hoping to score a free day, but not collecting enough to actually get hanged. So being accused is nothing new to me.

However, this particular case doesn't sit well with me, because the logic you use suggests that if I am a killer, I am both extremely cunning and as dumb as a brick.

I'll say this right now - killing Viata was a dumb move. The guy was muddling the waters during the first game so well, no one knew what side he was on at the end of the day. Well, the killers did, which is probably why they left him alive as a part of the plot to have me hanged. He serves as a good smoke cover, and that alone favors leaving him alive for last.

But if I were a killer, offing Viata would be twice as dumb. After being goaded and being tricked into accusing me several times (something that a bear named spigot planned to use), he would be much less trigger happy seeing my usual behavior that rubbed him the wrong way first time. Killing him would be depriving myself of one of the possible allies, of those who would not be so gung-ho about lynching me as the others. It makes zero sense fo me to kill him.

Unless, of course, the goal is to rob me of supporters.

It is the very same method the killers used during the first game. spigot accused me and taxalot, saying that one of us was the killer, and then offed taxalot to vote for me the next day, because he was 'sure' I am a suspect.

So you see this is a set up, you even admit it is a very obvious set up. I already have most of the people voting for me during the first day, I would make for a good target during the second one. And the less people would raise any kind of objection, the better. Our debates with Viata got a bit heated the last time, so there is also a personal motive to attach to the deed.

And you still fall for it because it must be some kind of Kunning Kodexian plot where I kill the very people I might need alive to stay in the game.

I do think that you are innocent (and probably Grimgravy, too) so I am sad to see that you can be so easily swayed. If this gets traction, the murderers need only to cast a single vote and then pretend they were clueless.

You know im not mad that you ate Viata, i am mad that you didnt share with us. Christmas is about sharing, sticking together, so we shall share your flesh. Lets have ourselves a nice christmas roast guys, we earned it.
I know you are trying to 'make a case', and throw everything into the mix, but at least stick to the facts. We've all eaten Viata stew together. :M

I ACCUSE YOU, NEVILL (i dont know how the fuck to mention someone on this board)
You add @ in front of their username.

Last edited:

hello friend

Arcane
You know, it would be so easy to capitalise on Nevill's behaviour and kill Viata to set him up as a likely killer. But maybe it is as Doktor Best says, and Nevill is trying to divert attention by acting in deceptively obvious fashion. Because what killer would put himself in such a suspicious position so early? Hiding in plain sight, indeed.

Hmmm.

I ACCUSE Doctor Best.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Question: Do we all get the stalker's information (meaning he didn't stalk anyone last night the lazy bum) or is it restricted to the stalker (meaning he needs to somehow disseminate the info to the rest of us). This didn't come up in the last game for reasons...

Viata

Arcane
Question: Do we all get the stalker's information (meaning he didn't stalk anyone last night the lazy bum) or is it restricted to the stalker (meaning he needs to somehow disseminate the info to the rest of us). This didn't come up in the last game for reasons...
Dunno if I'm allowed to say here, but unless the stalker says who he is, I believe a good way to go is that in case he is killed, he leaves behind a note about the people he had stalked.

Tigranes

Arcane
The stalker, like the standard mafia detective, learns the information only for himself. It would be ridiculously easy otherwise. Should the stalker die, you will learn who he investigated, but not the results.

Nevill

Arcane
I believe a good way to go is that in case he is killed, he leaves behind a note about the people he had stalked.
In the games we played on our forum, any participation of the dead in the affairs of the living was prohibited.

Meaning that it could only work if the stalker/detective was about to be hanged by his fellow innocents, and announced it in advance while he was still alive.

The rules are a bit more lax here. For example, with our rules we didn't even learn who was saved by the doctor/priest if the doc guessed right, so there were no GM-confirmed innocents like it was with Grimgravy in the 1st game.

Tigranes

Arcane
Merry Christmas.

Given it is the Codex, it is hard to say whether people will be more or less around, but let's say, end of day at 26 December, 11:59pm, EST. Two full days for both eurofags and kwans.

Doktor Best

Arcane
hello friend

Good thinking, but i am a new player. Id have the advantage of having no profile, so in contrast to Nevill, blowin up so much smoke wouldnt be necessary for me.

Nevill

As i said, making sense wouldnt really be an option for you if you were the killer, given the fact that you simply are the prime suspect this time around.

I still stand by my accusation.

And i think we should maybe postpone nightfall as almost nobody is posting here as they are all probably passed out on eggnugg for the past 2 days.

You know we gotta eat today, right?

Nevill

Arcane
You know we gotta eat today, right?
Yes, but the options so far are stupid. I am innocent, and I think you are too, which is why I am not supporting accusing you, even though you are the only candidate besides me.

I would suggest a lurker again if we can't come to a conclusion, though that would earn me even more lynch votes. Frankly, you have put me in a bad position by making it easy for the killers to throw in their votes. There is not a lot of us, so it does not take many people to hang someone.

Last edited:
nevill has proven to be unreliable when it comes to picking out killers, you should just eat him now and save yourselves the walls of text

Nevill

Arcane
I have proven reliable while picking out innocents based on initial impressions. I have also correctly guessed there was a killer in a Duraframe/Viata duo. Granted, there was only a 25% chance to miss on those. :M

Walls of texts are better than the total silence we are seeing in this thread.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, I presume everybody is also playing Fallout 4 Underrail. So let's see how it goes time-wise. 5 needed to eat.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, let's lynch a lurker (1/4 chance to get the killer)! It's that or wait and hope the good doctor saves the intended victim (1/7 chance to save if the doctor is selected for death).

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Get him! I ACCUSE Corporate_Jew_Master

edit
According to New Profile Posts, he had time to post tekkokill nonsense but didn't have time to post here yesterday. Make of that what you will, but I will feel no guilt at his passing.

Tigranes

Arcane
DAY 2 ENDS.

The Codexers knew that there could be no more aimless waiting. Somebody had to die for the juicy, hearty feast of the rest.

Yet the long starvation had sapped the minds of those remaining alive, and several of them simply fell into a soporific stupor by mid-afternoon. Those awake exchange knowing looks; surely, those who remained silent, had implicitly forfeited their right to live.

Corporate_Jew_Master had been dreaming. Of his very favourite topic: muscular, heavily armed Chinese men wrestling each other in pools of their own sweat.

m88it.jpg
Give it to me, baby.

But reality is never as kind as dreaming. For dreaming belongs to ourselves, and reality, so often, to others. When the Jew opened his eyes, he faced the ravenous eyes of the other Codexers. A giant cauldron was boiling water, behind them.

The Jew had no regrets. Permadeath, after all, is the fate of all true Codexers.

He did wonder, while being dragged out to the makeshift kitchen: of the many arms pulling him to his doom, who were the dastardy killers? And who were merely misguided innocents?

He had no words to offer them, for Corporate_Jew_Master is but an innocent Codexer.

------------------------

7 Codexers remain, including two killers, doctor, and stalker. Do send your night actions ASAP.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Last few days have been rather busy so I missed this day.

Rip corporatejewmaster

I more and more dislike Nevilles tactic of murdering the lurkers and his reasoning. Rather take a chance and murder someone that is at least semi-active. You all forget that additional innocents matter the most in the last few days.

DAY 2 ENDS.

The Codexers knew that there could be no more aimless waiting. Somebody had to die for the juicy, hearty feast of the rest.

Yet the long starvation had sapped the minds of those remaining alive, and several of them simply fell into a soporific stupor by mid-afternoon. Those awake exchange knowing looks; surely, those who remained silent, had implicitly forfeited their right to live.

Corporate_Jew_Master had been dreaming. Of his very favourite topic: muscular, heavily armed Chinese men wrestling each other in pools of their own sweat.

m88it.jpg
Give it to me, baby.

But reality is never as kind as dreaming. For dreaming belongs to ourselves, and reality, so often, to others. When the Jew opened his eyes, he faced the ravenous eyes of the other Codexers. A giant cauldron was boiling water, behind them.

The Jew had no regrets. Permadeath, after all, is the fate of all true Codexers.

He did wonder, while being dragged out to the makeshift kitchen: of the many arms pulling him to his doom, who were the dastardy killers? And who were merely misguided innocents?

He had no words to offer them, for Corporate_Jew_Master is but an innocent Codexer.

------------------------

7 Codexers remain, including two killers, doctor, and stalker. Do send your night actions ASAP.

more like big booty hexadecimals at rotk11 scenario files

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom