Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Black Geyser erupts on Kickstarter

LubomiRTard

Literate
Their Funds Allocate Chart on kickstarter page has most costs on New Art if I remember. Not sure if it's good or bad. Seems their new game play vid shows some original art and decent animations though not a rip off from unity stores.

They just got funded btw.

Followed this title, even backered it. I've doubts if a new team can make a good game but hey, we saw that happen and 16 euro (in MY COUNTRY AT LEAST) is not much money. I've consider it as a risk investment. Restaurants in Czechia / Slovakia (Bratislava) we sometimes pay many more for a meal hey.

mastroego

Arcane
Not going to pre-purchase (that kinda thing is essentially over for me), but I'm now following the thread. We'll see what comes out of this...
And I'm not even doing this much with that Pillars thingie, because of Sawyerism.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I am seeing ads for this game on FB/Twitter. It looks like such a blatant rip off of PoE I thought it was a joke. Is anyone seriously entertaining buying this game?

mastroego

Arcane
Well, I'm certainly not entertaining the idea of buying PoE.
Which, BTW, is an attempt to ape the IE games, to begin with.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
I can't believe of all the RPG engines someone could copy it's always Infinity Engine. Why, God?

On the bright side with the allusions to Black Isle Studio everywhere and being a game about greed, we could finally be getting a game starring Feargus Urquaheart as the villain.

JonSnowIsAlive

Literate
Loooool Jenkem, you must be the funniest mentally disturbed codexer for sure if you somehow got into your head that I'm... British! I'm not, far from it actually, not that its in any way wrong or anything like that. Stiil, I have ZERO idea why you'd think that, but coming from you I'll take it as a compliment. It must mean my English has improved quite a bit, something I've struggled with for the longest time. Concerning that "Oriental" part, I was translating from my native language where that identical word can mean "Eastern". Also, if you read (you know how to, right?) on their website, the oriental school of magic is listed as originating from the "Eastern Empire", hence my comment.

Cheerio! (get it?)

purpleblob

Savant
Great, the most annoying person on Geyser kickstarter comment section joins codex... this is going to be interesting... :roll:

Black

Arcane
Infringes on my copyrights. At least we know that if you want easy buck you just need to say it's IE games inspired or some such drivel.
Worked for PoE too.

JonSnowIsAlive

Literate
purpleblob :: Not really actually... at the time, stars were uniquely aligned (stayed home for two weeks between jobs) and thus had plenty of time to ask all kinds of retarded questions (well, not all of them, but you know... retarded is retarded). As much as I'd like to do the same here (and I think this place needs to, gotta find a proper substitue to GreenMagicSpell after all), I'm afraid this person won't be me :-( :-( :-(

Cheerio! :)

P.S. Very serious, possibly retarded, question this time (none's gonna believe me lol): has there ever been a thread concerning the "Great Shadows of Amn Consipiracy" on the Codex? I've managed to do something very nice about it and would definitely like to share/discuss it with BG scholars which are bound to exist on these forums. Let me know!

JonSnowIsAlive

Literate
I have literally no idea what "hopw roewur ne" means... one thing I do know though is not to ask, so I won't.

Back to that conspiracy thingy, here's a blurry preview of what I call "The Conspiracy Map". The idea of a mind flayer master conspiracy is not originally from me, I simply played with it and somehow things blew out of proportions. Anyone interested? Just show me the right thread...!

n1WHYT

JonSnowIsAlive

Literate
Back to that conspiracy thingy, here's a blurry preview of what I call "The Conspiracy Map". The idea of a mind flayer master conspiracy is not originally from me, I simply played with it and somehow things blew out of proportions. Anyone interested? Just show me the right thread...!

Huh? Will try again will a different hosting site...
Gp61woV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JonSnowIsAlive

Literate
OK, OK, I love you guys, I'll stop being a tease. Here's the full image:

bS3XYT

So, basically someone over at that other bg forum I don't feel like naming posted some tinfoil theory positing that mind flayers had inflitrated just about every level of society and were, in a way, the true "Shadows of Amn"... I thought the theory had at least some merit, and thus started invesgating. Obviously I am autistic, as many here pointed out, so... yeah, read the entire scripts for bg, bg:totsc, bg:sod, bg:soa and bg:tob, even the sections that had been scrapped but left there by the original developpers. This map is the über-tinfoily fruit of that endeavor.

I never realized until just now how crazy this all sounds when presented like that... Oh well.

Unwanted

Bladeract

Dumbfuck
Completely blurry image. Why don't you just tell us with words whatever it is you are talking about.

You can PM infinitron to start a new megathread for video game conspiracies, but may as well just post it here.

imweasel

It looks like such a blatant rip off of PoE I thought it was a joke. Is anyone seriously entertaining buying this game?
Just say
no.png
to shovelware from "big black cock" fetishists.

JonSnowIsAlive

Literate
I honestly wish I could get a spot on the team, but I'm really not sure what I could actually do... I'm not a big C/C++ guy (which I assume Unity is all about), I'm really more of a scripter. What I intend to do once this game finally makes it to shelves is take a good swing at modding it, provided the game is not über shit, of course. I've tried modding the IE engine a few years back but soon found it to be a mostly closed community. This time, maybe, I get to start fresh. That's what attracts me the most with the game. For the rest, I do feel as many here do as well that "Crushmaster", "Oriental", "Put Silently" and the like are all odd-looking quirks a deeper understanding of English might have prevented, but hey, when life gives lemons, you make... a black geyser.

Unwanted

Bladeract

Dumbfuck
I honestly wish I could get a spot on the team, but I'm really not sure what I could actually do... I'm not a big C/C++ guy (which I assume Unity is all about), I'm really more of a scripter. What I intend to do once this game finally makes it to shelves is take a good swing at modding it, provided the game is not über shit, of course. I've tried modding the IE engine a few years back but soon found it to be a mostly closed community. This time, maybe, I get to start fresh. That's what attracts me the most with the game. For the rest, I do feel as many here do as well that "Crushmaster", "Oriental", "Put Silently" and the like are all odd-looking quirks a deeper understanding of English might have prevented, but hey, when life gives lemons, you make... a black geyser.

Most game 'devs' today are just random scripters and 'writers' from forums or twitter who sucked enoguh cock to get hired, some of the more retard members of this site even managed to get hired by inXile including a tranny lover whose older posts were littered with the word "nigger".

Unity shitfest does not really allow the use of C++ even if you do have the source code, anyway. So a black geyser of fun could be in your future if you can get your foot in the door. Literal anal sex may be required.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am seeing ads for this game on FB/Twitter. It looks like such a blatant rip off of PoE I thought it was a joke. Is anyone seriously entertaining buying this game?

I like RtwP RPGs enough that I don't want the genre to totally die out again. There's no telling when Obsidian is going to pull the plug on its revival so this is me hedging my bets.

Black

Arcane
It looks like such a blatant rip off of PoE
Yeah, PoE's not original enough in any department to have rip offs of itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom