Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny, when I log in in the Bio profile it appears next to stuff like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Perhaps they are in control of this now?

That's because Mythic was organizationally part of EA's "Bioware Division" and was even called Bioware Mythic for a short while

But anyway, a year or two ago, there was some talk about Bioware being turned into EA's new MMO studio (that's what Mythic used to be, before they were shifted into making crappy mobile games like Ultima Forever and Dungeon Keeper and eventually shut down). It might have even been posted about somewhere in this thread. I don't know if they ever moved ahead with that plan, though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
David Gaider Steps Down as Dragon Age Lead Writer, Moves to Other Project

David Gaider has announced on Twitter that he's handing over his Dragon Age lead writer duties to Patrick Weekes, and that he will move on to another BioWare project. Gaider was lead writer for all the major Dragon Age projects and also penned a few tie-in novels. By his own admission, he has been working on the series for about 10 years. Patrick Weekes, on the other hand, is mostly known for his work on the Mass Effect series, though that's not to say he's new to Dragon Age. Weekes was part of the writing team on Dragon Age: Inquisition and wrote a tie-in novel, Dragon Age: The Masked Empire.

The tweets with which Gaider announced the news:

So a bit of news: I have decided leave Dragon Age and move onto a new, upcoming BioWare project (which I can't discuss).

While it's hard to leave Dragon Age behind, 10 years is a long time to work on any one project. I decided it was time for something new.

I am happy, however, to leave Dragon Age in good hands: @PatrickWeekes will be Lead Writer once I'm gone. I can't think of anyone better.

Caim

Arcane
10 years on Dragon Age?

DA 1 came out in 2009, so they worked four years on DA 1? That's quite a while, even for a AAA title.

pippin

10 years on Dragon Age?

DA 1 came out in 2009, so they worked four years on DA 1? That's quite a while, even for a AAA title.

DA began its production soon after NWN was released. The earliest versions of the game looked a lot like NWN, in fact.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
10 years on Dragon Age?

DA:O was in development for 6 years, but not full production most of that time.

Before EA bought them Bioware took their damn time making games.

Weeks writting>Gayder writting

Good news:thumbsup:
Not so much, actually. It means Gayder will be smearing his shit writing all over the new project, leaving no hope for it to be at least mediocre. Would've been better if he was stuck with DA - there's no way to salvage that IP anyway.

Why Bioware won't simply hire someone among a million better writers out there instead is a mystery to me. Some of them would probably work for food, as well.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Gayder speaks to his audience through his writing. His audience happen to be pathetic losers with no lives, but they do bring in the money.

On the plus side, the longer gayder writes for games the longer his audience might refrain from reproducing. That can only end well.

Weeks writting>Gayder writting

Good news:thumbsup:
Not so much, actually. It means Gayder will be smearing his shit writing all over the new project, leaving no hope for it to be at least mediocre. Would've been better if he was stuck with DA - there's no way to salvage that IP anyway.

Why Bioware won't simply hire someone among a million better writers out there instead is a mystery to me. Some of them would probably work for food, as well.
Lol what million better writers? what kind of serious writer would work in video games industry? Salvatores work for Kingdom of Amalur was shit and Rhianna Pratchet is no better. Other fantasy writers willing to work on video games are at Patrick Rothfuss level ...:roll:

Lol what million better writers?
original

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Weekes wrote the characters Iron Bull, Solas, Cremisius Aclassi and the rest of the Bull's Chargers, and Cole. He also wrote the quest Here Lies the Abyss.

I have some hope for next DA main plot. Maybe it will not suck ass.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Correct, but I saved myself when Morrigan showed up. I just rage-quitted after hearing her talk and then stand next to my war table.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom