Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The BioWare Thread!

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Wyrmlord, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Black Arcane

Black
    Click here and disable ads!

Would you... kindly... just
    fuck

STOP GIVING THEM IDEAS
    ^ Top  
  2. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    The best part is, I'm not sure which tracks were edited in and which tracks I can imagine Bioware thinking appropriate for that scene. :lol:
    ^ Top  
  3. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    hehehehehehehe...

I'm sure Joker will stretch her out...

:yeah:
    Kz3r0 and skuphundaku Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  4. 861129 Cipher

Achievement unlocked - 50g - Legend

Classy cinematic narratin'. :lol:
    ^ Top  
  5. Hegel Savant

Hegel
    The African music by the end of the movie, I assume it's real, I mean, it's the only one to fit with the context.
    ^ Top  
  6. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    It actually sounds good, could use more synth but it is far better than what I expected after Jack Wall left. Well the derpy dramatic no synth tracks sound bland. But it has some nice tunes to pop futuristic moles with.
    ^ Top  
  7. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Angthoron
    Commander Shep saving his crew of course. Can't leave them stranded, devoid of Shepard's sex and collar-grabbing.
    ^ Top  
  8. Ion Prothon II Liturgist

Ion Prothon II
    It must be real. It fits the game atmosphere too well to be fake :smug:
    ^ Top  
  9. Weierstraß Learned

Weierstraß
    Project: Eternity
    So, what, is that it? Is that the Reapers' grand motivation? "We're synthetics who destroy organic life top stop synthetics from destroying organic life."
    ^ Top  
  10. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Angthoron
    Scene: Normandy crash.
    Quiet gust of wind and the sounds of an awakening jungle give cue to an African soundtrack. The hatch opens, revealing surviving members of the Normandy crew. Battered, tired and broken, they face the rays of the sun with a faint hope for a new beginning.
    The camera reverses angle, revealing a chainsaw rape gang waiting for them. The camera reverses again, showing shock on the survivors' face. Scream of shock are heard. The music begins playing louder and louder, drowning out all the background sounds, as the scene shifts to credits.
    ^ Top  
  11. 861129 Cipher

And if crazy AIs really are such a threat in this universe, then all you did in ME was to remove this protection mechanism. Hawkesome. Although I thought the AIs were sentient in ME, so what is the purpose of maintaining the germ of organic life (specifically, by killing the individuals) at that point anyway?
    Surf Solar Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  12. Seboist Savant

Seboist
    I'm unleashing Seboisms on the butthurt drones.

:troll:
    skuphundaku Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  13. CROmagnon Learned

CROmagnon
    I thought I was starting to hallucinate when Whitney Houston came on. :lol:

Holy shit in heaven, this ending is....is.. I have no words!

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  14. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    "Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh, you touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding."
    Andyman Messiah Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  15. Hegel Savant

Hegel
    Reaper's agenda makes no sense, they should have stood within the Citadel to warn every race about synthetics, eventually destroying the ones who failed to abide by their rules.
    ^ Top  
  16. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    [​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  17. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Totally right, but it is said they only "rape" life that is a starefaring civilisation with a big enough developed tech. In the last "cycle" when those Brotheans were reaped, the humans were left untouched. They just love organic life so much that they utterly destroy well enough developed species in a very brutal and perverse way, it's only for the bigger good!

In some twisted cheesy way, I really like what they have done with those reapers, I am satisfied. :smug:
    ^ Top  
  18. 861129 Cipher

I get that, sort of, but since the old races get killed anyway, why does it matter if the next ones are sentient AIs or whatever evolves from the remaining germ of organic life, especially given that the "organic life" option involves periodically destroying their achievements and inflicting massive misery on them? (maybe this doesn't make any sense, I think I broke my brian trying to grasp these SHADES OF GREY)
    ^ Top  
  19. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Because in "their thinking", such a singularity and the resulting AI would just eradicate everything, making planets, solar systems, complete galaxies void of life and ressources as it spreads out further and further - on the contrary to biological life, which always values ressources, ecosystems and the health of their planet and all.

Wait....

:lol:

Well atleast that's the reasoning and I am ok with that.
    ^ Top  
  20. hoopy Savant

hoopy
    ME3 should have a secret ending that's like the architect scene in Matrix Reloaded (or was that Revolutions? Whatever), except it's Shepard meeting Mac Walters. "So it was you all along!" Shepard shouts. He demands to know why everything is suddenly grimdark and his pilot is fucking a robot, and Walters strips naked and starts playing with his own shit and asks Shepard if he's emotionally engaged. Shepard sinks to his knees and says: "Now it all makes sense." Then he shoots himself in the head. Walters starts humping a Reaper.
    ^ Top  
  21. dextermorgan Augur

dextermorgan
    There's no reasoning in this.

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  22. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar

Our minds just can't properly comprehend the complexity of the reapers. :smug:

On a more serious note, this could be a big deal in our future too, ofcourse not that particular event, but who knows what some AI on the loose will do? Before ME3 I have only heard good things about AI-research, but the concept of this is popular as seen in various movies, books etc. In the end we are talking about some B-Movie game, don't take everything too serious and the game has a decent fun value. ;D
    ^ Top  
  23. 861129 Cipher

:lol: And the reaping shit, what is that? Why not just develop better weapons while you're chilling in dark space and at least destroy the developed races in a mercifully humane way, rather than WAGING CENTURIES OF GRUELLING WAR AND TURNING THEM INTO GOO.
    ^ Top  
  24. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 9 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Classic:bro: for the Serenity reference!
    ^ Top  
  25. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    This is probably what Walters envisioned (and most likely wrote) for the ending of ME3, but the EA overlords said they couldn't put this into the game because of the obvious Adult rating the game would receive, thus hurting sales.

Masterfully skilled Biodevs masqueraded Walters' superb ending with subtle storytelling and cinematics, emotionally scarring you forever and causing irreversible brain damage to anyone that attempted to make any sense out of ME3's ending.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)