Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Pablosdog

Prophet
I love how the first fucking argument for not buying a shit overpriced dlc is "Generally it's because people want everything but don't want to have to work at it or pay for it" You know your audience well Bioware.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
1zyc4qq.jpg

I am not usually fussed by grammar and spelling, but...

56173696.jpg

PS - Woo's reply clearly explains his (and Bioware's) idea of C&C, so that's something the codex won't be able to complain about. :troll:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Was that post before or after Stanley was fired from Bioware? Slap EA's dick out of your mouth.. If your gonna be a shill master at least make sure you are on the pay roll still..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why the fuck are you replying to posts from 2012

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-see-inside-bioware-edmonton-with-google-maps

See inside BioWare Edmonton with Google Maps
I spy with my little eye...

jpg

A warm reception (I hope).

I'd love to visit BioWare headquarters in Edmonton, Canada, and now I sort of can. And I don't even have to leave my desk.

Google Maps now maps interiors, and BioWare HQ is one of them (via Polygon, Gamespot). You can walk around the halls, looking at art on the walls, and blurred-out signs, monitors and people's faces. How voyeuristic. There are multiple floors to peruse, many cables to see.

You can even see the lady in the kitchen preparing what looks like a lot of food for the troops.

Are there any secrets? Everything looks fairly neutered but with the collective gaze of the internet on it maybe something will emerge.

But there we are: one my my favourite studios laid bare. It's strangely humanising, de-mystifying. The pictures were taken in August 2014, it says.

donkeymong

Scholar
Well as long as they leave it at polishing, I would like an updated ME1.

Why? So you can have the same weird engine, ugly corridors, combat that is neither tactical nor actiony enough and derping around in Mako - only this time in 60fps?

A better version of ME1 already exists, it's called ME2.

Starting at Level one on Insanity required tactics at least for the first 20 levels. Mass Effect 2 difficulty is joke compared to that and your skill progress barely made a difference at all in combat.
Especially when playing as a Biotic on higher difficulties.
Another thing the first game has: different paths and quest solutions(Noveria,Virmire,Citadel). And combat could also happen in "non combat" zones( the blackmailed doctor) where in the second game Shepard automatically draws a weapon when combat is to be expected...
I could go on, but leave it at this.

DemonKing

Arcane

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadow Realms cancelled...

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3499381/shadow-realms-biowares-4v1-co-op-rpg-cancelled

No great loss - I think I watched some gameplay video and it barely registered. Completely bland and with Evolve out any day probably needed to come out earlier to make an impact.

Guess with Episode VII coming out EA need more resources to make sure that cow is properly milked with quick and buggy Slam Dunk SW projects.

I would start laughing if I wasn't so butthurt about the recent news of a codexer passing away.

For once EA's selfish desire to rehash old shit and not take risks on "new" ideas might actually pay off in being the right move.
That Bioware game looked like a F2P pile of steaming shit.

Zeriel

Arcane
Well as long as they leave it at polishing, I would like an updated ME1.

Why? So you can have the same weird engine, ugly corridors, combat that is neither tactical nor actiony enough and derping around in Mako - only this time in 60fps?

A better version of ME1 already exists, it's called ME2.

Polishing a game does not only include updating graphics. And ME2 is shit.

ME2 is on the same level as, say, a really shitty B-movie. You recognise that it is shit, but you love it anyway because it's still a fun romp and enjoying that B-movie is not really a bad thing. That was my experience anyway.

ME2 was also the best in the series

ME 1 was better

lets fight

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-no-new-dragon-age-in-2015-but-huge-opportunity-/1100-6425196/

EA: No New Dragon Age In 2015, But "Huge Opportunity" For Franchise
Plus, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen teases BioWare is working on a pair of "very exciting" new IPs.
by Eddie Makuch on February 9, 2015

Following the critical and commercial success of BioWare's Dragon Age: Inquisition, publisher Electronic Arts said Monday that it sees a "huge opportunity" for the series going forward.

Speaking today during the 2015 Technology, Internet & Media Conference, Jorgensen confirmed that EA will not release a new Dragon Age game in 2015. That's not altogether surprising, given that Inquisition was only just released in November, and that building a new game with the scale and ambition of what you expect from BioWare would take time.

However, while it's not time to talk about specific plans for the next game, it's clear that EA sees the potential of the series and is eyeing new ways to bring players into the franchise.

"Longer-term, we're very excited," Jorgensen said. "BioWare, they just won Game of the Year at the DICE Awards. We're very excited about the success of that team and what we can do with that team. I think there's a huge opportunity for [Dragon Age]."

While an official unit sales number has not been announced for Inquisition, EA is calling the game BioWare's most successful launch--in terms of copies sold at release--of all time.

Jorgensen also teased that BioWare, in addition to whatever it might be working on next in the Dragon Age series, has a "couple of new pieces of IP that are very exciting." He didn't elaborate more, though one of these projects is likely the new BioWare franchise most recently teased back at E3 2014 in June.

Athelas

Arcane
Speaking today during the 2015 Technology, Internet & Media Conference, Jorgensen confirmed that EA will not release a new Dragon Age game in 2015. That's not altogether surprising, given that Inquisition was only just released in November, and that building a new game with the scale and ambition of what you expect from BioWare would take time.
I see Dragon Age 2 has already been banished to the forgotten annals of video game history.

pippin

Re: Stanley Woo and DLCs
The problem with ME's DLCs is the ludicrous business model made for it, the Bioware Points. Then ME3 adds "Origin Points" when you get achievements which sucks big time because those are completely useless. In ME2 I think it was a dick move to release companions as DLC especially when the game relies on companion quests and stories. It's akin to having disk-locked characters in fighting games. When it comes to shit like weapons or armor, let people have what they want.

Slow James

Savant
Color me ignorant, but is DICE, the EA-owned developer that created the Battlefield series and the Frostbite engine, different than the DICE that puts on the DICE Awards?

pippin

DLCs are the most likely option. And in fact I believe remastering the first two games would be giving up. After all, they already have a mmo with that Warhammer game, isn't it?

Slow James

Savant
DLCs are the most likely option. And in fact I believe remastering the first two games would be giving up. After all, they already have a mmo with that Warhammer game, isn't it?

It just seems funny that they would attempt to make a fuss out of it. It's a Bioware game - of course it's going to have DLC. How is that huge news for the franchise?

Hype train, full steam ahead.

pippin

The Warhammer MMO was by the now defunct Mythic and it was shut down over a year ago http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/warhammer-online-to-shut-down-in-december.86469/

Funny, when I log in in the Bio profile it appears next to stuff like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Perhaps they are in control of this now?

It just seems funny that they would attempt to make a fuss out of it. It's a Bioware game - of course it's going to have DLC. How is that huge news for the franchise?

Hype train, full steam ahead.

Well, for one thing I'm glad they dropped the Bioware Points bullshit, even if I'm not planning to buy DA:I at all. They were dangerously moving into microtransaction territory.

darthaegis

Cipher
DA:I has microtransactions on multiplayer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom