Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Big Indie RPG List

Gregz

Arcane
Congratulations!
You have died.

http://www.dungeonsofdredmor.com/

dungeons-of-dredmor_590_3.jpg

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox

Visual Outbreak Production said:
Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox is an indie game development project founded out of Brisbane, Australia and is involving nearly 30 people from all over the world in places like California, Scotland, Great Britain, New Zealand, and more. The aim is to recreate the amazing turn-based, first person RPGs from the golden age of PC gaming using modern game engine technology.

Rich classics such as the Might & Magic series, Eye of the Beholder and the like have inspired this new title which, when finished will put its players into a literally infinite fantasy world filled with procedurally generated content. The Sword of Ahkranox isn't trying to compete with the larger, professionally developed RPG titles out there, but instead our aim is to fill a large gap that we believe has existed in game technology since the mid-nineties. It is definitely a must-have for all enthusiasts of the quintessential RPG.

The game's procedural engine can generate an infinite number of weapons, items, spells, monsters, dungeons, cities, countryside and even dialogue, allowing the player to explore the game with no end and no reason to stop.

We are currently working hard to reach our milestone of releasing an official, playable demo of the game just before Christmas 2011, and the final product on December 21, 2012.

wqve4m.jpg

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Dungeon Legend

3D ATTACK said:
Dungeon Legend is a single player, turn based dungeon crawler set in a medieval fantasy world. Dungeon Legend is an Indie Production for Mac/Win/iPad. Dungeon Legend sets new heights in oldschool dungeon crawling featuring awesome visuals and gameplay.
t6p5wg.jpg

circ

Arcane
Dungeon Legend

3D ATTACK said:
Dungeon Legend is a single player, turn based dungeon crawler set in a medieval fantasy world. Dungeon Legend is an Indie Production for Mac/Win/iPad. Dungeon Legend sets new heights in oldschool dungeon crawling featuring awesome visuals and gameplay.
Looks pretty much like Dungeon Siege 3. Probably better too.

thormo

Educated
Krater11_midsize.png
Hi, I saw that you are missing Krater (www.kratergame.com) on that list!

It is a top down RPG set i a post apocalyptic Sweden. What we want to create is an RPG that is possible to play in a multiplayer setting with hard core elements such as permanent injuries and even death to your team members. There are no classic level system in the game. Instead you collect stuff in the world an build new eapons and implants that defines your characters.

You roam around on a map similar to the pip-boy map in Fallout 1 & 2 or Skyrim. Of course you can bump into random encounters when you search the world for quests new squad members.

The goal of the game is to try to dig deeper into the Krater. The instances below the ground is random generated and there are dungeons with endless depth.

We have allowed players to try out the game long before we have reached alpha.

Up until now we mainly have built the basic systems. Now we are creating a lot of the world and the lore.

As I know this is a great RPG community I thought I should drop by and let you know that we exist. Especially now when we are working a lot on the RPG elements.

Cheers,
Martin

Krater08.jpg

chewie

Educated
flare any good?

From a technical pov, I am really impressed by the engine & stuff. And unlike many other games I tried, the current stable version is fully playable.

Gameplay-wise, it is close to Diablo - but with some nice differences like e.g. the entire ruleset and character progress. There is no class system, but you can't concentrate on hybrid characters. I made it to level 5 or so and followed the 'offense' path. Going into melee is a bad idea - even against low-level creatures. But you can survive with the 'powers' you gain by increasing your primary skill.

Oh - and I like it's minimalistic approach - you don't have e.g. 100 HP, instead you have 10 (numbers are smaller in the whole game, e.g. if an item costs 30 gold, it is expensive)

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
Should all those cool Kickstarter games be included on this list? Or it's too soon for that? Specifically, Banner Saga and Wasteland 2.

Sincerely:

The Frian Bargo.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
They certainly qualify, but do they really need the hype ?

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Looks promising indeed. And

"He describes it as a turn-based first-person dungeon crawler similar in kind to Wizardry 7"

sounds almost too good to be true. Let's hope it won't become vaporware.

He also wants to make each party member move independently in combat, which could add more tactical depth I suppose.

Another one in development, Delver, some kind of Roguelike-Ultima Underwolrd mix. He still has to add randomized dungeons, but there's already an early version that can be downloaded.

Winterborne

Novice
Conclave: Tabletop-style cooperative fantasy RPG, played in your browser (including on your phone/tablet):

Screenies:
combat.jpg

voting.jpg

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Krater11_midsize.png
Hi, I saw that you are missing Krater (www.kratergame.com) on that list!

It is a top down RPG set i a post apocalyptic Sweden. What we want to create is an RPG that is possible to play in a multiplayer setting with hard core elements such as permanent injuries and even death to your team members. There are no classic level system in the game. Instead you collect stuff in the world an build new eapons and implants that defines your characters.

You roam around on a map similar to the pip-boy map in Fallout 1 & 2 or Skyrim. Of course you can bump into random encounters when you search the world for quests new squad members.

The goal of the game is to try to dig deeper into the Krater. The instances below the ground is random generated and there are dungeons with endless depth.

We have allowed players to try out the game long before we have reached alpha.

Up until now we mainly have built the basic systems. Now we are creating a lot of the world and the lore.

As I know this is a great RPG community I thought I should drop by and let you know that we exist. Especially now when we are working a lot on the RPG elements.

Cheers,
Martin

Krater08.jpg

Just checked out your website and saw that July 12th release date. Nice to see an indie project get made. Any chance you could sell Krater on GOG especially after Legend of Grimrock topped their sales charts?

Thanks for your time.

joeydohn

Savant
Could you make the music on the site be off by default? I don't think many people like getting sounds from a website when they don't expect it.

I guess you're not allowed to right click and the site gives you a custom mouse pointer too? Is the music shockwave or the other shitty plugin? Eugh, the 90s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom