Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale Trilogy - remaster by Krome Studios

Morkar Left

Anyone has it already?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anybody remember how you get your digital fulfillments out of CrowdOx? I haven't gotten the email from inXile but it is possible the codes are up there already.

Breshard

Novice
Should be getting an email from crowdox about it if you've gone through and done their digital survey thing in past. Doesn't seem to be that everyone is getting at same time though for some reason.

Gord

Arcane
Does anybody remember how you get your digital fulfillments out of CrowdOx? I haven't gotten the email from inXile but it is possible the codes are up there already.

I was actually curious about that, too. Checking my mails, I found one containing the codes for Wasteland 2 and a link for the emulated BT1-3.
But I seem to vaguely remember that one could actually log into some kind of backer portal...

You can have them resend you the survey-link, however and take it again. No idea if that allows you to access that stuff directly.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
The only backer portal I remember, was that one created by InXile themselves, which they abandoned after Crowdox. I can't remember anything like that with Crowdox. It's like CrowdOx only works via emails they send you, but nothing where you can log in directly.

Edit: also checked my mail and found the one Crowdox Rewards Confirmation email. It contained a link which brought me to the website and showed me all rewards I receive. But no additional information whatsoever. Just a list of items.

Last edited:

Breshard

Novice
The only backer portal I remember, was that one created by InXile themselves, which they abandoned after Crowdox. I can't remember anything like that with Crowdox. It's like CrowdOx only works via emails they send you, but nothing where you can log in directly.

Edit: also checked my mail and found the one Crowdox Rewards Confirmation email. It contained a link which brought me to the website and showed me all rewards I receive. But no additional information whatsoever. Just a list of items.

If you haven't gone through that and clicked the buttons at the bottom of all the pages to complete the survey then you won't be in their system i think.

Gord

Arcane
Well, they did say "starting tuesday". So I guess if Brian Fargo receives his email today and the rest of us in a few weeks that's still technically true...

:troll:

Who am I kidding :negative:

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
From the Kickstarter page:

sorry for the delay. Once we made the determination to allow for a GOG version to go live, it necessitated an infrastructure overhaul that CrowdOx is sorting through. That's caused some delays in the keys going out as quickly as we want, but they're working the problem

Fucking fuck shit... wtf? Seriously? As if it's the first time CrowdOx is handing out keys for a GOG game. Come on... that's ridiculous. It's really hard to believe that such a problem appears out of a sudden, which should've never been a problem since Crowdox exists. I mean they're doing that for years, don't they? An infrastructure overhaul??? Hilarious!

Gord

Arcane
Allegedly the issue has been resolved and sending of key-mails has recommenced.

any-minute-now-memecrunch-com-17017720.png

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Hmmm... "fixed" since approximately 1 hour, but apparently only 1 backer in the comments has received an email. Maybe they didn't fix anything, but started manually sending emails out of embarrassment :roll:

Divinity: Original Sin
Hmmm... "fixed" since approximately 1 hour, but apparently only 1 backer in the comments has received an email. Maybe they didn't fix anything, but started manually sending emails out of embarrassment :roll:
Damn, if they're sorting this alphabetically, I'll get mine probably next tuesday...

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Haven't received my key yet. Apparently you can go to your survey link and update it, specifying if you want a GOG or Steam key, without needing to wait for an email prompting you to change it. I just did that, but I don't know if that will expedite the process or not. So very confusing...

Divinity: Original Sin
Installed. Tried for a few minutes. Game is fully 3d now, with buildings fully rendered. You can even free-look in your tile position, just like in legend of grimrock. Controls with WASD, works with mouse to drag party members and change their position, select options. Auto-map records everything, like which houses you've entered and which you haven't, and if there's any info in any of them, like a message, you can read those on their respective square on the minimap. Game is very accessible now.

The graphics, well, people are complaining against the redone character portraits, it actually does not look that bad or noticeable while playing. What can drive purists nuts is the 3D enviroments, which make the game look much more modern.

There's alot of gameplay changes that make the game easier, but they can be deactivated when the legacy option becomes available, which will bring the game to its original state. Things like xp gain, only façade buildings, specifics related to each game in the trilogy, etc.

In any case, this new version probably will be the best way to play through the trilogy transfering parties along each installment with no hassle.

newtmonkey

Arcane
I'll probably get this once it is complete (i.e. an actual trilogy, rather than just the first game). I'm not a fan of the upscaled art, but it's not horrible I guess. Once it's complete, this will likely be the best way to play the trilogy (assuming they don't just carry over all the bugs from the dos versions for some reason).

Gregz

Arcane
I'm really enjoying it.

Only minor gripe I have is WASD keys are hardmapped to movement (can't reconfigure them), otherwise all of the quality of life stuff is really great. It's also missing a quicksave which isn't a huge deal, but would be nice. The autosave is mostly useless because it activates after combat (after one or more of your guys have already died, why would I reload that?). That's pretty minor stuff tho, I'm enjoying this.

You can save anywhere now too, which is a big game changer.

Edit: btw for the purists (if there are any), you can play the game in 'classic' mode which has none of these conveniences if you wish.

slymer

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't even know there were a survey, completely missed that shit. Oh well, I guess I will receive my gog key after the remaster-enhanced-fargo-red-boots. :negative:

you can retake the survey select rewards at the top and then select GOG or Steam. Once I did that they got it to me in like 10 minutes.

bylam

Funcom
Developer
It's also missing a quicksave which isn't a huge deal, but would be nice.

F5 works for quicksave.

I am also enjoying it, just finished a playthrough of the originals on Amiga a few months back and enjoying the feel of the remake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom