Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale Trilogy - remaster by Krome Studios

sstacks

Arcane
LESS T_T I asked about Dragons of the Rip. She gave some info on it... keep an ear out for the podcast version :D

Luzur

Good Sir
Looks nice, but is it only the UI graphics that is upgraded or will the main game get better looking too? nowadays it feels like BT have aged kinda badly with its small heavily pixelated view window.

sstacks

Arcane
Podcast version of Saturday's live show with Burger Heineman is up over at the Shane Plays LPs and Interviews thread:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ps-and-interviews.104816/page-11#post-4795155

Highlights: Geek news; “Burger” Becky Heineman on winning the very first console game championship, her upcoming RPG Dragons of the Rip and the Bards Tale I-III Remastered project!

Heineman won the first home console video game championship in 1980

Storytelling emphasis on Dragons of the Rip RPG from Olde Skuul, plus some technical and game info
(thanks to LESS T_T for sending me the question to ask)
Bard's Tale I-III Remastered holdup is not technical but rather evidently a business issue with inXile? :retarded:

More!

Sorry for not posting the links directly here but I am trying to be a good citizen and not post huge youtube embeds for the same video in more than one thread.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Becky appears to have an eidetic memory. Seems to vividly remember every name of every person she was ever introduced to. Amazing brain.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Becky appears to have an eidetic memory. Seems to vividly remember every name of every person she was ever introduced to. Amazing brain.

yet, we are still waiting and waiting for a remake

Well, in all fairness... to paraphrase the gun seller in the movie Charley Varrick (1973): "If you want me to make you a remake, put some cash on the counter!"

11.png

tindrli

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You don't have to wait. Contact her on Twitter and she'll send you the latest build.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Oh uh, remember when Becky said inXile weren't paying her so she couldn't finish the game? sea actually responded to my post about that: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=16179#p176506

sea said:
Olde Skuul and inXile both agreed to terms where payment would be delivered once the game was finished. Those terms haven't changed, and we look forward to the game's completion.

So you just realized he replied to you after two months? Don't get to the inXile boards much anymore do you?

Anyway i bet they are just hashing out the console port details.

Electryon

Savant
I would actually back this if I thought for one second at this point the Trilogy remaster was ever going to come out, but seeing as it's the major perk of the Kickstarter, and they are going to have to eventually admit it isn't happening, fuck it. We probably won't see Bard's Tale IV til 2019 anyway.....

Breshard

Novice
Well, inxile finally posted about this on the forums. It looks like the remasters are going to be a no go. Bummer, that's the reason i backed BT4, wasn't really interested in a more modernized BT.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17109

Brother None said:
The Bard's Tale Remastered Status Update

Hi everyone,

From time to time we've been seeing questions about the Bard's Tale remaster and its development status. Normally we don't discuss details like this, but in the interest of giving you more transparency and clearing up some of those questions, we felt it was a good idea to post a statement here.

When the BT4 Kickstarter campaign started, we initially promised the emulated versions of the original BT trilogy - those were finished and delivered to backers many months ago.

Shortly after the BT4 campaign began, Olde Skuul expressed interest in developing remastered and updated versions of the classic BT games. We were a bit reluctant, as we had concerns about Olde Skuul completing development, however, we agreed on the condition that inXile would provide payment on completion of the project. Because of this, our wording around the BT remasters was a bit more tentative:

"Meanwhile, Rebecca will be working on the updated versions of the games and if that goes well we'll get you those as soon as she delivers them to us, also for free! As we're not working on these versions ourselves we cannot give an ETA or guarantee on their release, we'll all be waiting for Rebecca to deliver us an upgraded version worthy of the name!"

More recently, Becky has made appearances, such as on the Shane Plays podcast where she suggested Olde Skuul stopped working on the project because they haven't received payment. This implies that they've stopped working because we haven't paid them monies that are due, but as mentioned above, we agreed no monies would be due until completion.

There was some initial work done on the remasters, and we released some of those beta builds to you as a way to keep you guys involved during BT4's pre-production stages, as well as to help fuel development and get feedback for Olde Skuul. Unfortunately, Olde Skuul's progress slowed and eventually stopped. Our emails and IMs would sometimes take weeks or months to get replies. During this period we even provided internal and external QA resources at our own expense to help push development along, but those efforts didn't help much either. At this stage, we feel it's unlikely that Olde Skuul will finish development on the BT remasters.

Obviously, we're not happy with this situation, and it has been a frustrating sequence of events for us, but we felt it was right to let you all know what happened. In the meantime, we've removed the BT remasters from our reward packages on the Bard's Tale backer web site. The emulated version we previously released as promised will remain available to everyone who backs The Bard's Tale IV.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lol, what else are they gonna cut out? I wonder if someone reached out to Heinemann regarding clarification on the terms of the agreement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom