Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News The Banner Saga 3 releasing on July 24th, available for preorder

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Stoic Studio; The Banner Saga 3

Last year, Stoic Studio, developers of The Banner Saga, revealed that they were in trouble after the game's sequel failed commercially. Not long afterwards they abruptly ran to Kickstarter for help to complete the third game in the trilogy...and ended up raising over $400k, not a bad result considering the first game got $700k back in 2012. I doubt anybody believes Banner Saga 3 will be very successful, but at least the full story will be told. We've known since January that the game is releasing this summer, but now there's an exact release date - July 24th. If you pre-order, you get an exclusive playable Dredge character, described in the following trailer:

The Banner Saga 3 was at PAX East last week and has been previewed at a few places including PCGamesN and Eurogamer, where there's a half hour of gameplay footage. Pre-orders are available at Steam and GOG.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Parrots:
    Well I'll probably get this.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  3. Iluvcheezcake Learned

Iluvcheezcake
    Parrots:
  4. SwiftCrack Arcane

SwiftCrack
    Parrots:
    How 'bad' was Nr. 2 if you kinda liked the first game?

^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Some people didn't like the ending (just like with the first game) but other than that there was nothing particularly wrong with it AFAIK. Just more Banner Saga.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Tim the Bore Literate

Tim the Bore
    Parrots:
    Yeah, pretty much more of the same.

• meh meh x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. SwiftCrack Arcane

SwiftCrack
    Parrots:
    Thanks gents, I'll get 2 and 3 someday then I guess.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)