Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Banner Saga 2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://stoicstudio.com/status-update/

STATUS UPDATE
Hello All!

It’s been awhile since we’ve given you a proper status update with information regarding what we’re doing and what’s keeping us busy.

First off, let’s talk a bit about The Banner Saga 2. We’re including a lot of improvements this time around based directly off feedback from the first game and so far it’s shaping up quite nicely. We hope the additions of destructibles, new objectives during battle and brand new characters and classes helps add some variety to combat. The story continues and picks up right where things ended in The Banner Saga and if you beat the first game you can import your saved game (choices, characters, stats and items) straight into The Banner Saga 2 to pick up exactly where you left off.

Secondly, The Banner Saga is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita. This is taking a lot longer than we anticipated so we apologize. We’re wanting to give you the best possible experience on consoles and Vita so we want to make sure we get everything just right. When is all this happening? Well, we’re still not sure on an exact date yet. We have plenty of work left to do, but we’re making great progress.

Third, we’re working on a lot of other Banner Saga related projects that we think you will really enjoy. We can’t share many details on it just yet but we’re excited to see the world of The Banner Saga continue to grow and expand.

Finally, thanks so much for all of your kind words, your support and your continued understanding as we work on the game. We are eager to get The Banner Saga 2 in your hands so you can continue your saga!

"A lot" of other projects, eh

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Physical card game, virtual card game, board game, action figures, HoMM-style strategy game, Telltale spin-off, roguelike, animated series, MMO.

Atchodas

Augur
We’re wanting to give you the best possible experience on consoles and Vita so we want to make sure we get everything just right

Lol once again get your game started by PC players and make a 2nd part for consoles , great .

Archibald

Arcane
More scripted events doesn't sound very good. I thought that first part had enough of them and problem was that many of them didn't have clear purpose. I doubt that with game staying same length they'll manage to both, make more of these events and make more of them meaningful.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Physical card game, virtual card game, board game, action figures, HoMM-style strategy game, Telltale spin-off, roguelike, animated series, MMO.

I've already heard rumors that the MMO is going to be canceled.

DramaticPopcorn

Not trying to be edgy but isn't BS an adventure game? Why is this in GRPGD ?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Destructibles are nice, hopefully that includes blocking pieces on some maps. I really hope the battle maps will be more dynamic this time, letting you occasionally modify hazards and occupied spaces by in-map interactions with the environment, tiles, objects or whatever.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Its battle system wasn't slapped on. It's an abstract, highly deterministic system. Kind of like chess. Stoic playtested it for half a year or something to tune the units and rules. You might not have liked it, but it wasn't an afterthought.

Archibald

Arcane

Tigranes

Arcane
I like how people are asking if their choices will carry over between games. There weren't any real choices in the game.

It's a nice little adventure and perfect for tablets, much like Shadowrun. Will be on the lookout for the eventual port.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I like how people are asking if their choices will carry over between games. There weren't any real choices in the game.

Well, there's a certain rather big one at the end of the game that means the new one now has something like two parallel campaigns.

And all those companions that you can lose or not. All imported. Now that they have the engine locked down, a lot of stuff could be done with that.

roshan

Arcane
Is that a Centaur bird in the vid? Thought they were using Norse mythology not Greek?

Well the Norse influence was just in the naming of characters and places, and the cold setting. Otherwise everything about the setting is completely fictional. I think south of the tundra, you would have taiga and steppes, and it makes sense for these places to be inhabited by horse riders or centaurs.

Archibald

Arcane

Whats a real choice? For me bro dying because you decided that he should risk his life is more real than most of "get weapon X or weapon Y" choices that we get in "real" crpgs.

DramaticPopcorn

Codex is finally going down the toilet for me. It wasn't even that bioware or bethesda games that were marked as RPGs.
This.
This takes the cake.
I am hurt beyond belief.

Archibald

Arcane
Very sad to hear that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom